Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Kupono Lowe...

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Kupono Lowe...

Hey all! Im from California and I came across the name Kupono Lowe..whoa..small world..i think. So if it is the same Kupono..I used to go to Fresno State University and I met him in class..Well it would be awesome if it is the same person. Does anyone know this?? It would be cool if I could contact him to say hi.

Daniela

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniela
    Hey all! Im from California and I came across the name Kupono Lowe..whoa..small world..i think. So if it is the same Kupono..I used to go to Fresno State University and I met him in class..Well it would be awesome if it is the same person. Does anyone know this?? It would be cool if I could contact him to say hi.

Daniela
    Hi Daniela,

here's his profile.

Name: Kupono Low
    Position: Left side Midfield
    Previous Clubs: Syracuse Salty Dogs

Hailing from Hawaii, Low is a natural left-footer who is comfortable in midfield or defence. With bags of pace, the strong-tackling Low likes to get forward and is lethal from set-pieces.

There is also a pic of him here(scroll down):

http://www.sligorovers.com/player%20...s_template.htm
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coool...

Ok anyone have an idea on how to contact him? e-mail? anything. I just want to say hi..long time no see. Get back at me. Thanks.

Daniela

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Daniela
    e-mail?
    You could come to Sligo . Or if that is too much hassle for you then try e-mailing here:

webmaster@sligorovers.com

and/or

secretary@sligorovers.com

Explain to them that you think you went to college with Kupono and you wish to contact him. They may be able to pass the message on to him and he can decide whether or not to contact you.

Hope it works out for you!
    Last edited by sligoman; 02/06/2005 at 12:30 AM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have you got any good college stories about him i.e. passing out drunk in the garden etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    i can just see him now

" toga , toga , toga "

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    ha ha

the champion had a good feature on him yesterday....he came across as a cool guy and i think he mentioned that school

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well if he mentioned that school this is obviously a ****-take. Awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wild rover
    the champion had a good feature on him yesterday
    Here it is:

LESS than six months after his arrival at the Showgrounds, Sligo Rovers manager Sean Connor has already offered Hawaiian-born Kupono Low and extension to his contract.

“Kupono has done very well for us and I think people have seen the talent he possesses. We are anxious to keep him here,” said the Rovers boss of his left-back.

Low has settled well into life in the eircom First Division and as the second series of matches in an extended league programme continues, he feels Rovers have a genuine chance of promotion to the Premier Division.

“I don’t see any reason why we can’t make it. We have a good group of players and there is a good team spirit. We don’t fear any team and we have done reasonably well so far,” Kupono said.

Tough league

He acknowledges, however, that the First Division is a tough league.

“At this stage, we have played all of the teams and some of them twice. I thought Kildare County were much better the second time we played them (in a 2-2 draw in Newbridge), while Dublin City looked stronger the first time we met them.

“Teams are capable of taking points off each other, but we have confidence in ourselves and hopefully we can keep things going,” he added.

Low was born in Hawaii and was three years old when his family moved to California.

His early soccer career began with his local Freemont club and he stayed with them until he was eighteen and moved to Fresno State University.

Four years later he emerged with a Liberal Arts degree and a reputation as a promising player.

“Ironically, I featured in a number of positions when at university. I played up front and in mid-field and didn’t actually switch to left back until I started my professional career in 2002,” he explained.

Good experience

Low featured for half a season in the U.S. major league with the San Jose Earthquakes in Southern California and then moved to Syracuse Salty Dogs in New York, getting to the Eastern Conference Championship Final.

“That was a good experience. In San Jose I played with the likes of U.S. international Landon Donovan. It was a good start for me,” he recalled.

At Syracuse, Low met former Nottingham Forest mid-fielder, Ian Woan and it was a conversation between the two which ultimately led to his move to Sligo Rovers.

“I told Ian I would like to go to Europe and he advised me that Ireland would be a good place to start. In any event, there are difficulties with moving from the U.S. to the English leagues.

High standards

“I am not sure how the contacts continued, but Sean Connor telephoned me and I had no hesitation in joining Sligo Rovers. Sean outlined what he had in mind for the club and although I had been in Germany for a month, I decided to come to the Showgrounds and I certainly don’t have any regrets,” he said.

Low admitted that he was expecting the league to be physical, but other aspects of it came as something of a surprise.

“I thought at times that maybe the games would be slower and and you could keep the ball more. It is harder to do that, but in one way it makes you a better player.

“I think that overall I am doing okay, but I set high standards for myself and sometimes I am disappointed if things don’t go as I would have wished,” he admitted.

Low says he is enjoying his time in Sligo and believes the good atmosphere cultivated by the manager has helped.

“Some people say that professional footballers have too much time on their hands and that they get bored during the day. It is tough sometimes, but I consider myself lucky to be doing a job I have always wanted.

“I am happy at the way things are going at the moment. No one knows what is going to happen in the future, but hopefully we can get promoted.

“The good team spirit is showing on the field and our aim is to keep the momentum going,” he said.