Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sad, sad day.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sad, sad day.

Now and again something happens which puts all of life in its proper perspective. The tragedy of Shane (Mousey) Brennan's death as a result of a misfortunate accident at the weekend, has left anyone associated with football in Longford in total shock. The Brennan family have been immersed in the development of under age football in Longford for many years and Shanes parents John Joe and Margaret are hughly popular throughout the area. His brother Stephen has played at underage level for Longford for many years and is a very promising footballer.
    Shane was the same off the pitch as he was on it. Full of energy and fun, an immensly likeable lad who will be fondly remembered where ever he played.
    It is a sign of his popularity that Stephen Kelly and almost the entire Athlone panel turned up at Mullingar Hospital on hearing of the accident. Former Longford Town manager Stephen Kenny drove straight from Derry late on Saturday night, on hearing the news. Stephen was very close to Shane and indeed the entire family.
    Shane's organs have been donated and it is ironic that even after his passing he will continue to bring life to others in the same way as he did throughout his short lifetime.
    The true level of the affection and esteem in which he and his family are held will be vividly displayed over the coming days as he is laid to rest.
    The sympathy of the entire community is with John Joe, Margaret and Stephen for their immense loss. God be with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    RIP.

Our thoughts are with the Brennan family.

Can you PM me with detalis of the funeral whenever you know them please.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The news of this tragedy has yet to sink in fully. I don't think it will until i get home to longford. I can only imagine the intensity of feeling there at the moment. This will cut very deep into the community.
    Your description of Shane is spot on Observer. Shane was a true friend, shown by the fact that months being out of contact with him were eradicated within minutes of a reunion where talk of Melview, St Mels, Teffia Harps fc, The HQ!! - all of these things and more - put us right back to where we left off. He had a genuine interest in people and had an inate ability to relate to others like no other. Thinking back, I remember Shane in fourth class lifting us all out of a terrible time when Ray Hewitt died at too young an age also. That was Shane all over. You could trust him and see the sincerity in his actions.
    I really will miss you Shane. Realising that there won't be any more reunions in this life is a harsh blow to take. Things like this shouldn't happen to people like you and your family but we can't help that they do. We'll do our best to celebrate your short life and to honour the inspirational way you lived it. You were a great footballer but a greater man.
    Last edited by fosterdollar; 16/05/2005 at 10:00 AM.
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Condolences to the Brennan family and Shane's large circle of friends and collegues.

RIP Shane.
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Only just heard about it, but an awful tragedy. Condolences to Shane's many friends and family and to everyone who knew him.

R.I.P.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This really is an awful tragedy as Mousey was a top guy who was always in a good mood no matter what.I extend my deepest condolences to all his family.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    RIP Mousey.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    RIP Mousey
    Respect to him and his family for using ther Doner Card, "The Gift of Life".

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very, very sorry to hear the news this morning.
    I always found Shane to be an extremely friendly chap if I ever bumped into him here in Dublin, even though we didn't know each other very well. He'd always take the time to discuss the Town and how Ireland were doing, etc.

R.I.P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    R.I.P Shane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rest in peace, Shane.

LTFC tributes

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts

mousie

i am in a state of shock after hearing the sad news of his passing. shane was one of the first to have a chat with you and there was no airs and graces with him. an awful tragedy to happen to an unassuming thoughtful young chap.

we will miss you shane RIP
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Terrible tragedy of someone who had their whole life ahead of them.....Devastating. my condolences to John Joe, Margaret and Stephen.

R.I.P Shane!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    R.I.P Shane
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    sad news.thoughts of the soccer community are with the family.was fortunate to meet Shane,he was a gentleman.His attitude towards people is something everyone should learn from.My personal condolences to his family and anyone who knew mousey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Hows the lads,
    cant make it to Longford today for the funeral cos of work but I was
    at the cathedral last night. Massive crowd and a tribute to one hell
    of a nice guy.

Nice touch to see the Town, Town and GAA jeseys in the guard of honour.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey Ash,

Likewise on work. Either got time off today or yesterday. It was a fitting tribute at the cathedral last night. I couldn't think of many who didn't/couldn't make it, thank God. Two of the lads from Newtown flew home from Australia for it - says it all really. It was good to get home and say farewell to Shane and to get the craic going with the lads. Hadn't seen some since National School. It was amazing the amount of stories and memories that resurfaced.

As a card on one of the floral tributed remarked, the guy is a legend. End of.
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Temping here in London and couldnt get the time off at such short notice, but it sounds like there was a great turnout for the removal which speaks volumes about Shane. R.I.P.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    R.I.P Shane.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum