Thread: sean flannery

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile sean flannery

mistake was not made by sligo rovers and wexford boy
    sean connors was unaware that flannery was still signed by yeats united. the fowl up was made by representative of sligo leitrim league who forgot to pass on info to fai re flannery registration with sligo rovers. these are the facts and decision has being taken NO DEDUCTION OF POINTS.
    sligo rovers informed fai of flannery situation , sligo leitrim
    representative forgot to confirm same

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile sean flannery

i dont take the **** out of anybody i am very genuine in what i say. these are the facts as given to me. i have not made up any of this. rovers were not to blame

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hope ur right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red arrow
    sligo rovers informed fai of flannery situation , sligo leitrim
    representative forgot to confirm same
    Would the Sligo/Leitrim rep be a certain very large gentleman, I wonder??? Because I heard it was him who made the official complaint to the FAI. Strange indeed.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by in_da_red
    AFAIK Sean Connor and Flannery have to attend a meeting on Monday to discuss the situation. We'll know the story then.
    I think so too and it aint looking too good for us either.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by in_da_red
    No it's not. Although I believe a certain someone can clear it up and save rovers six points. but he wont do it. Sad to see such a split within Sligo. It's a disgrace that somone from Sligo would wish failure upon the club. Their not only damning the club, but us everyday supporters. That person will look and be though of very badly if we lose 6 points
    Who is it then?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer
    Would the Sligo/Leitrim rep be a certain very large gentleman, I wonder??? Because I heard it was him who made the official complaint to the FAI. Strange indeed.
    I think I know you your referring to.If I'm wrong, then I apologise.

xxxxxxxxxxx - name deleted by mod: sorry folks, naming names could create problems for the hoster of this forum.
    Last edited by Paraic; 18/04/2005 at 9:04 AM. Reason: speculation could cause problems

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya well he's head of the Sligo/Leitrim Fai, so he's bound to be involved in some shape or form. I didnt think he personally hates rovers but then again i never see him at matchs so dont know whats the craic between him and his home town team. Its a disgrace that there is any gap between Sligo/Leitrim and sligo rovers. They should each help out whenever possible to get success for rovers, junior clubs and the represenitive sligo/leitrim teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shedhead
    ya well he's head of the Sligo/Leitrim Fai, so he's bound to be involved in some shape or form. I didnt think he personally hates rovers but then again i never see him at matchs so dont know whats the craic between him and his home town team. Its a disgrace that there is any gap between Sligo/Leitrim and sligo rovers. They should each help out whenever possible to get success for rovers, junior clubs and the represenitive sligo/leitrim teams.
    There has been a bit of a grudge for a few years, well there was when I lived in the town.Something happened I believe, but my minds a bit hazy as to what specifically it was.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper
    There has been a bit of a grudge for a few years, well there was when I lived in the town.Something happened I believe, but my minds a bit hazy as to what specifically it was.
    A few years is an understatement.
    Something like this has been simmering for years ... just waiting to happen.
    Well now it has and who's to blame?
    There's two sides to every story and this one wont have a happy ending for the bit o red. I guess we'll learn tomprrow night that we have been deducted the six points and to be honest I'd say rightly so. What would we as Rovers supporters be saying if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Cobh, Dublin, Galway or whoever was in this situation? The thing is we played an illegal player and we should be punished. It's no one's fault from outside the club and that most certainly includes anyone associated with Yeats or the Sligo/Leitrim FA. The blame lies with our club secretary and if as I'd expect we lose the six points then the secretary should do the honourable thing and resign. A loss of six points will be hard on us but it's not beyond us to carry on the great fight for promotion. The team/squad are good enough so just let us believe that we can do it.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    A few years is an understatement.
    Something like this has been simmering for years ... just waiting to happen.
    Well now it has and who's to blame?
    There's two sides to every story and this one wont have a happy ending for the bit o red. I guess we'll learn tomprrow night that we have been deducted the six points and to be honest I'd say rightly so. What would we as Rovers supporters be saying if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Cobh, Dublin, Galway or whoever was in this situation? The thing is we played an illegal player and we should be punished. It's no one's fault from outside the club and that most certainly includes anyone associated with Yeats or the Sligo/Leitrim FA. The blame lies with our club secretary and if as I'd expect we lose the six points then the secretary should do the honourable thing and resign. A loss of six points will be hard on us but it's not beyond us to carry on the great fight for promotion. The team/squad are good enough so just let us believe that we can do it.
    haha, i did mean a few years before i moved from sligo...been a long time.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe you know something since i was told that on friday night.But honest to god thats what i was told by a top source in the fai. best of luck anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Todays Star Newspaper, says no decision until next weeks League Board of Control meeting. Speculation last night was rife that a deduction of points would not be handed out.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Angry sligorovers.com

It's a disgrace. How come it has'nt been updated?. They should be letting the fans know what's going on and that we might have 6 points taking off us. Anyone that does'nt visit this site(foot.ie) might'nt have heard about this. www.sligorovers.com should be the first place to find out whats going on with this situation and then let us, the fans, know. We should'nt have to be reading the star or other newspapers or even looking at foot.ie where some members say we're going to lose the points and others say we are not. We all seem to have different versions of this story, whereas the club should be finding out whats going on and then letting us know, straight away. For instance, if you look at the Rovers website now it does'nt even mention anything about a possible points deduction, it's last entry is a match report from the Cobh game. It looks like everything is grand and we're joint top with nothing to worry about. Anyone agree?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I totally agree with you Sligoman, but is it not typical of the club we love so well?? The Knights of the Round Table with their dark age management style will always keep the foot solders in the dark……..especially if accountability is sought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Theres another thread about this in another section but
    (I know I dont know the full facts, but from what Ive read) I reckon the
    blame should be with the SRFC committee/secretary and also Sean F himself.

Surely he knew himself that he was registered with Yeats.

Also, as he's a Sligo lad who played with ye before I would have thought that
    the board would have known that he was back kicking ball in Sligo and therefore
    registered with a club!

We had a similiar thing happen where a player joined a local side in the off
    season. There was talk of him coming back to the squad for this season but
    the rules were there to prevent this so he stayed put.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    The points deduction is still speculation, and until it is confirmed one way or the other I dont believe the club can make any statment.Anyone following the club closely knows for weeks that there is a problem about S.F's. registeration.
    I dont think it would be a wise move for the club to issue a statment saying we might lose points, and it turns out not to be the case.
    It's also possible an appeal might be lodged. We have to wait and hope it dosn't happen. When a decision is made I hope the club will make a full statment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer
    The points deduction is still speculation, and until it is confirmed one way or the other I dont believe the club can make any statment.Anyone following the club closely knows for weeks that there is a problem about S.F's. registeration.
    I dont think it would be a wise move for the club to issue a statment saying we might lose points, and it turns out not to be the case.
    It's also possible an appeal might be lodged. We have to wait and hope it dosn't happen. When a decision is made I hope the club will make a full statment.
    I agree with you about the points deduction been speculation but the club should at least come out and say what Sean Connor is doing about it, for example, is he meeting the league in Dublin to discuss the situation?, When is this meeting going to take place?, when will we the final decision be made? etc. etc. But the way it is at the moment, the fans are just been kept in the dark over it and it's not right, after all without loyal fans, their would be no Sligo Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebitored.org
    A very good and constructive meeting was held between the club and the supporters trust last night.

There was a meeting yesterday in Dublin. This meeting I believe was recovened this morning.

The full account of last nights meeting will be available on the trust website, this evening. The club and trust will now be in regular contact as both sides look to bridge a gap between the club and it's supporters. I'll post when the site is updated.
    Well at least someone is letting us know. Thanks Gary!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebitored.org
    Just to clarify. The account is of the meeting between the club and the trust and has nothing to do with the meetings in Dublin re: flannery registration.

Apologies if this caused any misconception.
    I know. But I was just saying at least you and the trust are actually doing something and letting the fans know about it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast