Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cork (H) 20-05-14

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Cork (H) 20-05-14

If we can match the first half performance for the whole game, we should be looking to at least get a draw... Oji is back which will be huge for us, but Cork are very decent going forward and will be looking for all 3 points.

Crowds should be up a bit too with Cork bringing a few with them, probably won't hit the thousand mark with the weather that's forecast...and if it does have an effect on the pitch, it could be a terrible game to watch.

I'm a bit more optimistic though for this game. I'll take a draw!

1- 1

Predictions?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya if we can keep up the performance of Friday and add to it a small bit I too can see us getting something out of it. We will probably be relying on the set pieces again though which is our main problem. There should be a big difference between when we played them in the EA sports cup earlier in the season and now as the team is coming together a bit better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Ya if we can keep up the performance of Friday and add to it a small bit I too can see us getting something out of it. We will probably be relying on the set pieces again though which is our main problem. There should be a big difference between when we played them in the EA sports cup earlier in the season and now as the team is coming together a bit better.
    nearly halfway through the season,in fairness it would want to be coming together a bit!!!week in week out the same ol story from Taylor. not good enough at this level...........if that was SCULLY PEOPLE WOULD BE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD...........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc hammer View Post
    nearly halfway through the season,in fairness it would want to be coming together a bit!!!week in week out the same ol story from Taylor. not good enough at this level...........if that was SCULLY PEOPLE WOULD BE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD...........
    Coming together as in we now have pretty much a full squad to choose from. When we went to cork earlier in the season we were missing Ryan, Williams (off injured after a few mins), Galbraith, Leahy, Prince (only just signed).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Coming together as in we now have pretty much a full squad to choose from. When we went to cork earlier in the season we were missing Ryan, Williams (off injured after a few mins), Galbraith, Leahy, Prince (only just signed).
    Prince definitely played in that game as I remember being impressed by him. I'll be up at the game anyway. It'll be hard to gauge how many we'll bring as it's midweek. However, Limerick is withing striking distance so it will hopefully be a sizeable crowd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    Prince definitely played in that game as I remember being impressed by him. I'll be up at the game anyway. It'll be hard to gauge how many we'll bring as it's midweek. However, Limerick is withing striking distance so it will hopefully be a sizeable crowd.
    No he had just signed. I was actually sitting beside him at the match in the Donie Forde stand. Maybe it's Nzuzi you were thinking of.

Could do with ye bringing a sizeable crowd alright as ours have been abismal this year with us back down at the regulars numbers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    ​Team the last time we played Cork.

Limerick:
    Shane Cusack, Shaun Kelly, Samuel Oji (Tony Whitehead 64), Stephen Folan, Robbie Williams (Shane Costelloe 27), Shane Tracy, Patrick Nzuzi, Shane Duggan ©, Jason Hughes, Darragh Rainsford (Garbhán Coughlan 59), Rory Gaffney. Booked: R Gaffney (32), S Oji (51), P Nzuzi (64), S Costelloe (83). Unused Subs: Ali Abass (GK), Colm Murphy, Val Feeney, James McGrath.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    No he had just signed. I was actually sitting beside him at the match in the Donie Forde stand. Maybe it's Nzuzi you were thinking of.

Could do with ye bringing a sizeable crowd alright as ours have been abismal this year with us back down at the regulars numbers.
    Fair enough. I knew he had just signed so I probably just assumed it was him. I was obviously impressed by Nzuzi then!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I have a feeling we will get a draw at least , if we can play the 90 like we played the 1st half against Dundalk we should have a good chance of doing so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Crowd could be truly awful with this weather.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya easily half an hour of thunder, lightening and lashing rain.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Ya easily half an hour of thunder, lightening and lashing rain.
    We'll do well to get 500 out for it in this weather. Hoping it might ease off over next couple of hours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    We'll do well to get 500 out for it in this weather. Hoping it might ease off over next couple of hours...
    A lot better now anyway hopefully keeps clearing up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Cold wet and miserable. We were awful in the first half. Everything broke down when we got anywhere near the final third.
    Awful goals for us to give away too. Oji getting caught on the ball... That pass from Duggan? Crazy!!! Really shot ourselves in the foot.
    We were much better in the second half but we gave ourselves a mountain to climb. Left ourselves open then and Cork could have probably stuck in another 1 or 2.
    Overall, it's bitterly disappointing. Hard to blame Taylor for such sloppy individual mistakes.

On another note, Prince has been a real bright spot for us this season.

Also, I saw on extra time there were some "handbags between club officials" at the end. Anyone see what happened?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Oh god if only we could play both halfs just like Dundalk game but the other way round very fustrating , started so poor killed themselves with 2 very poor goals to concede a mountain to climb after that .Gave it a good go in the 2nd half and in fairness taught a draw was there for us not overly impressed with cork especially after they went 2 up.Could never fault the effort of Jason Hughes as committed as they come but my god does he give away the ball cheaply with poor passes bad touches, mc manus was not convincing for me not committed enough Mann done well again after coming on. I'm sure there is a lot of clubs watching gaffney he could score a lot of goals in an attack minded team must be very frustrating for him impressive again tonight he was. Need to get something from pats game now terrible to lose 3 at home in a week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Litterally handbags between Taylor, Woods, Fennelly and Caulfield.

We really shot ourselves in the foot first half. Without Cork doing anything of note they took a two goal lead. The first I thought was a definite foul on Oji. Oji still should have cleared first time though. Second an absolute gift of a pass from Duggan. Other than that we pretty much controlled the game without doing much in the first half and took over completely in the second half with Cork living off break aways. They looked likely to score on the break though and should have had two goals, one from a one on one and the other a free header from a corner. As you say Kingpin we gave ourselves a mountain to climb and I never saw us getting two goals. We just lack that killer instinct in the final third. Prince looks like he is going to be a class above as he matures and gets more games under his belt, very composed on the ball and barr two sloppy passes played some nice neat football. McManus and Gaffney being tight up top together gave us a little more up front so I'd like to see that continue for a few more games. Galbraith made a difference when he came on with his direct running. McManus put in a very good shift before coming off and it was good to see how fired up he was on the bench hoping for the equaliser. Ross Mann did ok when he came on and looks like he could have a bit about him with a run of games.

O'Sullivan did a mountain of work for them up front but other than that they didn't impress me much. Certainly not compared to earlier in the season in the EA Cup where they dispatched of us easily. Billy Dennehy barr a 10 minute spell in the first half was fairly anonymous. Can't see them staying up near the top three for too long unless they bring in a few in July. You certainly couldn't tell the difference between the team that were 2nd in the league and the team that were second last.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Those two giveaway goals were hard to watch and dreadful individual mistakes from two of our better players. Not what we needed when we were searching for that result. Yes we did well to dominate the 2nd half after that but its another loss where we feel we should have gotten something. Players need to buck up and take a result from Pats now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I don't think we were that good second half they sat back knowing they could let us have the ball and we would do nothing with it and for the most part they were right mostly panic from our lads on the ball and created nothing really. After the first half against Dundalk to drop Galbraith and have Gaffney out wide a lot was just ridiculous. Wont have Galbraith not being fit as an excuse could have taken him off after an hour.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    two bad errors for the Cork goals,and those errors cost us in the end as Cork just kept their shape after that to protect their lead.once again players can not be faulted for effort but in this league we need more,and while the team have these 3 very difficult games every game will present a difficult obstacle given our recent run and lack of goals.approach and tactics are not going to change so where this team is going is anyones guess.att figure of over 800 seems a wee bit generous.....500 maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Cork lad said that aswell about the crowd.

Could a lot of people have bought the three for two and not bothered turnin up last night.

Or are the crowds even worse than we thought and the clubs massaging the figures

Its kinda impossible to tell from the terrace