Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Let The Celebrations Begin !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Let The Celebrations Begin !!!

The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Idiotic in the extreme.

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    I think our present situation does not lend itself to celebration, more despair at what has occured and what may happen in the rest of the campaign. Germany away will be great to watch - not!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Yay! Can't wait til Brian Kerr or Martin O'Neill gets our squad of world class players playing without the terror that Trap instilled in them and we give Germany a hiding before going on to win Euro 2016

It's clear sailing from here boys

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Idiotic in the extreme.
    I'll tell you what is idiotic ....

A charade in every pre and post match interview where you falter around with a made-up pigeon English and feign that you don't speak not to mind understand the language.
    Try and pick at team of players while not going to see them, bar token matches here and there. He was manager for 5+ years, how many games did he go to?
    Try and play and outdated system without fail even when you fail.
    To expect a team to play for you when you dont wont communicate with them, and persist with a blind obstinance and petty disagreements complete with that expectation.

Now that is idiotic imo

Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    I think our present situation does not lend itself to celebration, more despair at what has occured and what may happen in the rest of the campaign. Germany away will be great to watch - not!
    Like it could have got any worse than the 4:0 loss against Spain in the Euros .... what was your expectation before he was gone? We lost to Sweden and Austria ..... What exactly was your expectation given all thats gone on? Quantify it even, i wont expect you to qualify it. I cant do fairer than that !!!!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    What's even more idiotic is expecting a team whose star player is part time hasbeen Robbie Keane to qualify for two major international tournaments in a row.

That or thinking a squad with defensive options like Sean St.Ledger, Stephen Kelly, Stephen Ward and Stephen Hunt should be doing anything other than losing 4-0 to arguably the greatest international team of all time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Did he pick the best possible team?
    Did a lot of players not speak up because they knew they were gone if they did?
    How many disagreements did he have with players?

There are loads of managers who go to countries with even less footballing options available to them and come up with results. People are making excuses for him .... He knew what were had before he took the job, he is either up to it or not, he didn't even base himself here so he never had a chance (his decision) but his remit, practically 90% of his job was to get the best out of the players he has available. He didn't .... for ages .... good ulck ya charlatan !!!!

He was brutal .... a one trick pony and the trick went out with the flood and that's why he failed, we should have got rid of him before going to the Euros when we had the chance.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Did he pick the best possible team?

According to him he did, according to you probably not. I possibly have a different first eleven from both of you. Why do I even have to explain the nature of differing opinions?

Did a lot of players not speak up because they knew they were gone if they did?

Who knows, not you or me anyway. Regardless most clubs/sides don't allow players to 'speak up', would be anarchy if they did. Look at Roy Keane getting bombed out of United as a prime example.

How many disagreements did he have with players?

181, so what? Players and managers fight all the time, proper players are able to get on with things though and that's a major difference if you want to talk about players like Gibson or Kelly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,329 Posts
    I really don't see anything worth celebrating right now, in fact I fear that things are going to get worse before they get better.

<EDIT>
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    I'll tell you what is idiotic ....

A charade in every pre and post match interview where you falter around with a made-up pigeon English and feign that you don't speak not to mind understand the language.
    Oh, the irony of it all
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 11/09/2013 at 3:51 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Very, very pleased to see him go.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    I fairness the OP relates to Trap being gone (which most of us are I'd say) and has no inference on the current state of our team/plight.