Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season Friendlies 2013

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Bird View Post
    Biggest worry for me is that we need to hit the ground running momentum is huge to survive in the premier league and the first few games will dictate what way people will come out and support us start bad and it will be the same old story start well and it will gather intrest and get more people to come out and support the lads..Club took a long time to replace scully and i think Stuart Taylor is suffering for that he needs to get his squad together and get some more quality in and also some quality friendlies.. Takes more than a few weeks to galvanise a new team and put your stamp on it as a manager..Need action by this day week or i will be fairly worried.. Cork wont be taking any prisoners first game of the season.. Fingers crossed we get it right and hit the ground running..
    I agree with pretty much all of that. There should be a huge wave of momentum that carries the players through pre season and in to the first few games. That seems to be lacking from what I have heard, they're not happy with how weak the squad is, or how pre season has gone so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Can we not wait until the squad is finished before we judge the strength of it no? The way people are talking you would swear we were finished and were just gonna go through the season with the 15 we have so far.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Can we not wait until the squad is finished before we judge the strength of it no? The way people are talking you would swear we were finished and were just gonna go through the season with the 15 we have so far.
    That came from a couple of the players... They're not happy with how the squad is at the moment.

Edit: I think with a couple of extra players then the squad will be fine.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    That came from a couple of the players... They're not happy with how the squad is at the moment.
    Surely they can appreciate the squad building is not complete ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post

Edit: I think with a couple of extra players then the squad will be fine.

And id say the same to the players if any of em said it to me don't worry about the squad til its finished. There are only 15 signed thats not even a match day squad so its not like its finished. I think like a few things this off season getting players in has dragged on a bit and its not good preparation if people are only coming in near the end of pre season but we could sign 5 players tomorrow for all we know so i think people should relax a bit.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    5 players i would imagine they would be 5 starters and its going to take time for them to gel with the rest of the squad its getting to close for me and with the friendlies on offer ie first div teams we will be going into the unknown in a few weeks against for me better prepared and better squads.. A lot of work to be done in the next few weeks and it should be done with a whole squad for the coming season not lads coming in in dribs and drabs..Dont blame the manager but the club have to take a lot of the blame if we dont start well for a totatly laid back and lack of urgency and leaking big names to the press building peoples hopes up for the new season and as it stands we are weaker now compared to last season not ideal when this year was supposed to be something we have been striving for for a long time now.. I hope 100% i am worrying for nothing but as it stands i am not convinced..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Match postponed tonight pre season is slowly turning into a disaster shocking stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    Match postponed tonight pre season is slowly turning into a disaster shocking stuff.

How is it shocking stuff the pitch was unplayable nothing to do with Limerick.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The club have also said they tried to find an alternative venue but couldn't.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    How is it shocking stuff the pitch was unplayable nothing to do with Limerick.
    i mean shocking as in the state were in with the season kicking off in weeks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    We have been in much much much worse states as have loads of premier teams over the years with less time to the kick off of the season. We have 15 players signed of a decent calibre and more to come in. A few teams have pretty much completed their squads and are looking poor enough.

Some are looking at it as glass half empty, i'm looking at it glass half full. There is still more players to come in, two friendlies next week and a training camp in Glasgow along with friendlies there to come.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Heard from a reliable source that our game against Cork on the 8th might be moved to the Sunday the 10th and a 1715 kick off. This due to it being televised. Not confirmed yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalna View Post
    Heard from a reliable source that our game against Cork on the 8th might be moved to the Sunday the 10th and a 1715 kick off. This due to it being televised. Not confirmed yet.
    Hopefully not it will kill the crowd. Half the cork fans will prob change their mind about travelling, limerick fans probably stay at home and watch it and then you have junior soccer matches from 2 till 4 meaning a lot aren't home till 5ish.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalna View Post
    I'm flying home for the first home game hopefully, when will we be able to find out for sure does anyone know? Lucky I hadn't Ryanair'd it already with a Sunday evening return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Very late in the day to move it in my opinion. I don't think the clubs have any say in it either. If the FAI and RTE or Setanta decide to televise it on a Sunday then it will be on Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Very late in the day to move it in my opinion. I don't think the clubs have any say in it either. If the FAI and RTE or Setanta decide to televise it on a Sunday then it will be on Sunday.
    I think they do Sligo refused to move a game for television last season. I might be wrong on that though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I think they do Sligo refused to move a game for television last season. I might be wrong on that though.
    Maybe there's a few players from across the pond who will link up with the squad in Glasgow,I'm sure the manager knows what he's doing,club aren't saying too much and maybe that's the way the manager wants it,if not,don't think the current squad will set the world alight,fingers crossed he has something up his sleeve,why bring them to Glasgow otherwise??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    The club has no say as far as I know, it's in the participation agreement that the FAI can change fixture dates and times for kickoff if needed for TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Avondale in the Munster Cup at 2pm on sunday according to razor in the main forum here. Confirmed on Avondale's website.

Busy week - Cobh tomorrow, waterford friday and Avondale on sunday.

Any others planned?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain01 View Post
    Avondale in the Munster Cup at 2pm on sunday according to razor in the main forum here. Confirmed on Avondale's website.

Busy week - Cobh tomorrow, waterford friday and Avondale on sunday.

Any others planned?
    The trip to Glasgow is next week i think. Will be playing games over there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast