Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AGM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

AGM

Was anybody at the AGM last night that could tell us what happened? Was their many changes on the managment committee? You would think that the club would make a statement regarding what happened. Nothing up on the website either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The AGM was last night?
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Only1Rovers View Post
    The AGM was last night?
    Im afraid it was. Great advertising from the club as always. From what I got in a text message a few minutes ago, there have been no changes even though it has been said on this forum that there were gonna be some.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thesilverfox View Post
    Im afraid it was. Great advertising from the club as always. From what I got in a text message a few minutes ago, there have been no changes even though it has been said on this forum that there were gonna be some.
    All club members get notified a couple of weeks in advance. If your a member and got no letter then check to make sure they have your right address. I'm pretty sure it would have been in the local papers too. It's not open to the public so not sure how much adversting should be done / needed. I think if people really want to go to the agm they should seek it out.

There should be a report about it in todays champion i'd say. It's a pity the website isnt up to date but i know how tough and time consuming that job is so not going to give out about it.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory H View Post
    With a new website and webmaster, things should improve soon enough.
    any time frame on when the website will be up and running? has the new webmaster been confirmed?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rory H View Post
    With a new website and webmaster, things should improve soon enough.
    great news Rory. Hope it goes well
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Thought it went very well last night. Chairman came across very well. We made a profit last year but a big push is badly needed selling these 20euro tickets as season ticket sales are down. Anyone who got tickets through us for the cup final I would really appreciate it for you could get in contact with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Can the €20 tickets be bought on line?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    They will be able to be bought on www.forzarovers.net at sometime this evening. Payment through pay pal

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Has there been any changes on the management committee? I heard Vincent Nally will not longer be involved?

Also, after the meeting in the Clarion two weeks back i still cant understand why nothing was done to get the gantry up and running
    so we could avail of the Irish U21 game, which would have included Seamus Coleman.Above says we made a profit last year and yet we couldnt
    afford 12k for the gantry. In my opinion, a great opportunity missed, and by the looks of it could have been rectified.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Has there been any changes on the management committee? I heard Vincent Nally will not longer be involved?

Also, after the meeting in the Clarion two weeks back i still cant understand why nothing was done to get the gantry up and running
    so we could avail of the Irish U21 game, which would have included Seamus Coleman.Above says we made a profit last year and yet we couldnt
    afford 12k for the gantry. In my opinion, a great opportunity missed, and by the looks of it could have been rectified.
    I hope what you heard about Nally is wrong, losing him would be a massive blow to Rovers and since becoming our financial controller, the club has been doing much better financially, but he was always known to be very good in a financial role I beleive.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Has there been any changes on the management committee? I heard Vincent Nally will not longer be involved.
    Where did you hear this Fabrizio?
    "he tries his best.... but I was a proper player".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    CF you should know that important and all as he is, Vincent Nally is not the most important man at the club. Let me give you a clue: the most important man at the club has received a few red cents for his services, and also some reds of a different variety
    "he tries his best.... but I was a proper player".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    vincent nally's gone. definate.

i think this is a massive loss for the club. the most important man in the club imo now gone and hopefully it wont have repurcussions off the field now. he helped the club out for 2 years without recieving a red cent and hes been let slip through our fingers.
    I remember the morning we were outside the Showgrounds getting ready to go to Dubrovnic,
    Vincent came out to wish us luck and take some group photographs.
    there we were heading off and he was heading back in to continue his work.
    Massive loss. Very disappointed to hear he is gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    danny ventre's not a man though, he's a finely tuned machine

Yeah pity football is played by people not machines!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thesilverfox View Post
    Was anybody at the AGM last night that could tell us what happened? Was their many changes on the managment committee? You would think that the club would make a statement regarding what happened. Nothing up on the website either.
    Were you not listening to the chairman at the forum a couple of weeks ago regarding 'the club should do this etc.'

Anyway, AGM is for members. Doesn't need advertising and if you want to be kept up to date so quickly, become a member.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    vincent nally's gone. definate.

i think this is a massive loss for the club. the most important man in the club imo now gone and hopefully it wont have repurcussions off the field now. he helped the club out for 2 years without recieving a red cent and hes been let slip through our fingers.
    Terrible news and find it hard to believe... With money so scarce around Sligo at present its gonna be tougher than ever for club to generate funds. Club has sent batches of tickets to all junior clubs to try and sell for 1st 2 home games at the 20eur, hopfully there will be a decent uptake.

On a lighter note stumbled across this that we also may have let slip...:

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/develo...dic%20nurturer

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Massive Loss

I agree that the loss of Vincent Nally is massive , the man practically took the club by the scruff of the neck when we were in turmoil turned it around within 2 years and this year possibly only 1 of 2 clubs to turn a profit for last season.The man has put in massive work in the background organising golf classic 's also. I hope we have a good year this year looking forward to the season starting ....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Agreed, a very big loss to the club. His fundraising was immense, as well as keeping the club in the black. Let's hope his successor is just as successful. Were there any new members elected to the Board?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteagle View Post
    I agree that the loss of Vincent Nally is massive , the man practically took the club by the scruff of the neck when we were in turmoil turned it around within 2 years and this year possibly only 1 of 2 clubs to turn a profit for last season.The man has put in massive work in the background organising golf classic 's also. I hope we have a good year this year looking forward to the season starting ....
    Spent some time one evening with Vincent in the Showgrounds talking about where the club was at and it was amazing to listen to the sincerity of the man and on top all that he is a perfect gentleman and never ever looked for attention, his main concern was the club. Thanks Vincent for all you have done for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast