Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Traynor Cup 2009/10

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oscar Traynor Cup 2009/10

The Oscar Traynor Cup is now entering an interesting stage - The final round of group matches.
    Any predictions on how it is going to go?
    There have been a couple of interesting results in the past few weeks.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    a.u.l. and waterford drew the weekend,wicklow for both in last game.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mullerj52 View Post
    The Oscar Traynor Cup is now entering an interesting stage - The final round of group matches.
    Any predictions on how it is going to go?
    There have been a couple of interesting results in the past few weeks.
    Mayo beat Inishowen by 5 goals to 3 on Sunday last. I think Mayo are now due to play Galway in Terryland next month to decide who goes through. Galway have already beaten Inishowen 2-1. Full match report on Mayo website http://inform.fai.ie/League/Clubs/portals/MAFL/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair Play View Post
    Mayo beat Inishowen by 5 goals to 3 on Sunday last. I think Mayo are now due to play Galway in Terryland next month to decide who goes through. Galway have already beaten Inishowen 2-1. Full match report on Mayo website http://inform.fai.ie/League/Clubs/portals/MAFL/
    This will be the real test for Brendan Kenny and his players, we generally fair out badly,there will be no change in Galway only hard to beat.
    May be its Mayo turn this time round, mined you will get no change from Galway refs.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Roscommon have a big one (if the game ever goes ahead in this weather). Beat Sligo by 1-0, Donegal go through. 1-1, Sligo go through, 2-1, play off, 3-1 or 2-0, Roscommon go through. Don't even think about 3-2 or 4-3. If Ros win by two they go through. Mayo have a toughie against Galway. Should be good enough though. Who is captain of Mayo this year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Clare scored a winner in injury time against the Cork Business League yesterday to go through to the quarters...

Limerick Desmond League 1-1 Clare League
    Cork Business League 2-0 Limerick Desmond League
    Clare League 3-2 Cork Business League
    Clare advance to quarter-finals
    Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. Brian Clough

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    This will be the real test for Brendan Kenny and his players, we generally fair out badly,there will be no change in Galway only hard to beat.
    May be its Mayo turn this time round, mined you will get no change from Galway refs.
    mayo should beat galway,the galway team have only trained once since the inishowen game,big trouble the manager resigned well over a month ago and the players haven't had a get together since,new management appointed last week i believe they have a friendly organised for wed night in terryland,i think a few players have pulled plug as well.its just typical of the galway fa really things never run smoothly down here hence galway haven't won an oscar traynor since 1971.
    if u got no socks,u can't pull them up!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west awake View Post
    mayo should beat galway,the galway team have only trained once since the inishowen game,big trouble the manager resigned well over a month ago and the players haven't had a get together since,new management appointed last week i believe they have a friendly organised for wed night in terryland,i think a few players have pulled plug as well.its just typical of the galway fa really things never run smoothly down here hence galway haven't won an oscar traynor since 1971.
    Time will tell, Managers come and go, but you can never write Galway off.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any word on a date for the re-fixture?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oscar Traynor Cup

Any word on a date for the re-fixture?
    According to email from J.D., the game is now fixed for Sunday 17th January in Milebush. Connacht cup games go ahead on same day if the teams do not have a player involved with the Oscar Traynor team. They should have this on the website by right, and all people would then know when the games are on.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Question to my Mayo Friends, How good are the side this year? I have previous knowledge of Oscar Traynor sides over the years and there have been some excellent ones, like the side who got to the semi-final down in Kilkenny.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Question to my Mayo Friends, How good are the side this year? I have previous knowledge of Oscar Traynor sides over the years and there have been some excellent ones, like the side who got to the semi-final down in Kilkenny.
    It does not look a bad side with Mick Duffy back. He has been scoring a lot for Ballina in his last few games. They are missing the likes of Andy Neary from Castlebar and it also seems as if Martin Geraghty has retired. There is no players from Castlebar Celtic on the squad because of being in the A League. The bench appears to have a lot of new players with little experience of this level, but you never know what might happen.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There is a story on the Mayo league website regarding the game that was supposed to go ahead against Galway league a couple of weeks ago, and it might give you an idea about the current players. The side are without all the Celtic players because they are now in the "A" league. I would not say they are as strong as last year but Brendan Kenny appears to have them well organised. They did well against Inishowen but let in late goals the last day. The story is on http://inform.fai.ie/League/Clubs/portals/mafl/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot Kick View Post
    There is a story on the Mayo league website regarding the game that was supposed to go ahead against Galway league a couple of weeks ago, and it might give you an idea about the current players. The side are without all the Celtic players because they are now in the "A" league. I would not say they are as strong as last year but Brendan Kenny appears to have them well organised. They did well against Inishowen but let in late goals the last day. The story is on http://inform.fai.ie/League/Clubs/portals/mafl/
    I think that a team does well in the Oscar Traynor if it is properly organised with a good manager. They do not have to be the best players around but if they possess the right attitude in this competition, they can go far. One of the strongest Junior Soccer Leagus in the country is Limerick, and they should be knocking on the door each year, but they are not because of local rivalry and rows. Most other leagues do not seem to care about the competition and this transfers to the players.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Cork were seriously organised last year but still were lucky to beat Roscommon in the semi-final. Roscommon have a big job on their hands to beat Sligo/Leitrim on the 31st in Ballinalsoe. Mayo v Galway is on Sunday I believe. That right?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hard pitch

Cork were seriously organised last year but still were lucky to beat Roscommon in the semi-final. Roscommon have a big job on their hands to beat Sligo/Leitrim on the 31st in Ballinalsoe. Mayo v Galway is on Sunday I believe. That right?
    According to the Connaught Telegraph this week it looks like Milebush Park may be in trouble for the weekend. The ground is very hard. They are due to have another pitch on standby and it may be in Manulla.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Roscommon have a friendly next Tuesday in Ballinasloe, the extra week might stand to them. Sligo/Leitrim will be very tough and with Cork out, it proves that nothing is set in stone in this competition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Roscommon have a friendly next Tuesday in Ballinasloe, the extra week might stand to them. Sligo/Leitrim will be very tough and with Cork out, it proves that nothing is set in stone in this competition.
    Are Cork AUL out? I think they have qualified from their group having beaten Limerick 2:0 @ home a while back
    Last edited by Innishvilla; 14/01/2010 at 3:30 PM.
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    The holders of the Oscar Traynor,the Cork Aul qualified for the quaters by beating Limerick Aul 2 nil in Cork.

The Cork Buisness league and the Cork MSL Junior team are out.
    Their's only one Dinny Pop's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Galway beat Mayo 4-3 with a 90th minute winner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast