Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bohs fan fined for threatening Garda

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    A means of comunnications now defunct since the introduction of them bloody wheelybins and on the first point it may be hard to work out how well a persons is educated by his clothes but a lack of education can sometimes be determined by his dress and manners
    And a tendancy to run onto a football pitch like an over-excited toddler when their team scores a goal. That ain't big or clever...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    And a tendancy to run onto a football pitch like an over-excited toddler when their team scores a goal. That ain't big or clever...
    Just do what we do, take all your top clothing off and swing it around your head....much more fun!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yes. It takes a particular brand of stupidity to wear a Burberry cap in a non-ironic fashion. Particularly to a football match in Ireland.

Yes. Yes it is.

I agree with you except the bin lids bit, which is sooo last century. We've had wheelie bins since the 1980's and no-one bangs their lids on the ground. Keep up..

It wasn't a burberry cap anyway, so hard luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Im still chuckling at the one bohs fan who managed to scare off the Gardai
    I don't think it was the one idiot who 'scared' off the Garda, more like the large crowd behind the one idiot egging him on.
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Lots of apparantly well educated folk round my way,well they are well mannerd and dress beautifully so they must be well educated right.Still let their dogs **** everywhere ,parks pavement and the beach Id sooner have a couple of seconds with a few lads jumping up and down shouting yeeeeeeeeeessss but then again Im a moron apparently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Lots of apparantly well educated folk round my way,well they are well mannerd and dress beautifully so they must be well educated right.Still let their dogs **** everywhere ,parks pavement and the beach Id sooner have a couple of seconds with a few lads jumping up and down shouting yeeeeeeeeeessss but then again Im a moron apparently.
    Apparently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    you were going so well until you said apparently.anyway it is the right of us well dress educated folk to allow our canines to defacate in your public parks and other places where the common folk gather.

sorry only winding
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So a few fans of both Rovers and Bohs run on to the sides of pitches to celebrate with their heroes in the tightest of championship run ins seen for a while.Some of you should stick to tennis ,Rovers and Bohs bring bigger more passionate numbers to away games than any of you and yes our joy spills over from time to time, deal with it.
    Back of the net.
    We have joined the distinguished Shams and Bohs fans.
    We now have reached the barometer of passion in football.
    This is the layer cake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Id sooner have a couple of seconds with a few lads jumping up and down shouting yeeeeeeeeeessss but then again Im a moron apparently.
    If you can't keep off the pitch whilst doing it, even though you know it leads to a fine for the club you're apparently so overwhelmed with passion for, then yes - you are.....

How else would you describe somebody who deliberately causes an organisation they claim to feel pasionate about to be penalised as a result of their behaviour ? Moron sounds about right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    my two biggest hates when attending games in Dalyer and around the country was 1) pitch invasions by idiots and 2) kids running onto the pitch at the end of the game and pelting it around the place for no good reason... the kids seemed to have wised up but the idiots havent.

That said, a little spillover from time to time is understandable on occassion (Rossi's goal in Cork last season was one of my favourite celebrations of all time and i think a couple of people may have found themselves on the wrong side of the hoardings though im not sure)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    If you can't keep off the pitch whilst doing it, even though you know it leads to a fine for the club you're apparently so overwhelmed with passion for, then yes - you are.....

How else would you describe somebody who deliberately causes an organisation they claim to feel pasionate about to be penalised as a result of their behaviour ? Moron sounds about right.
    So you'll say the same for the young kids and men who ran on the pitch at the end of the game played here earlier in the season? Not sure if it was the cup game or the league game.

Footballs a passionate sport, tis hard sometimes to contain it, evident with ye're lad who tried to "attack" Buttimer. I'm sure he might regret it now, but it was spur of the moment. If the worst thing someone ever does at a football match is hop on to the pitch for a few seconds after they score, then there not doing to bad eh?

For those who here giving out about it, stick to cricket. It's not the end of the world ffs
    Last edited by MMVIII; 26/10/2009 at 2:39 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    The smashing up of the HOOPS SC bus by DCFC scum on our last trip to Derry is far more worthy of your moral indignation than the harmlless pitch side celebrations of Bohs and Rovers fans .If the only crowed related incident at a match is a few away fans celebrating on the side of a pitch with the goal scorer I would call that a result as would most of the football world.The life threatening actions of the Derry scum are also far more worthy of a three page thread but this is foot.ie so we wont hold our breath.Anyone for tennis?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    It reaffirms my faith in humanity that so many members here consider threatening a garda to be unremarkable behaviour - to be expected from passionate fans.

Rovershead, I see your smashed up bus and raise you the genocide of hundreds of thousands of Rwandan Tutsis and moderate Hutus. Obviously, next to this, we shouldn't be talking about any of the incidents mentioned on this forum, except that one time someone made a clever Nazi analogy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    It reaffirms my faith in humanity that so many members here consider threatening a garda to be unremarkable behaviour - to be expected from passionate fans.

Rovershead, I see your smashed up bus and raise you the genocide of hundreds of thousands of Rwandan Tutsis and moderate Hutus. Obviously, next to this, we shouldn't be talking about any of the incidents mentioned on this forum, except that one time someone made a clever Nazi analogy.
    Hutus and Tutsis ?which ground this happen at ?must have been some goal .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I don't know about this particular incident but the Gardaí do not know how to police football matches and usually have only themselves to blame if they find themselves in this situation. This insistance on coming up and standing among the hardcore fans is idiocy of the highest order. I've been at a fair few games in European leagues and this simply doesn't happen and wouldn't be tolerated. If they insist on behaving like the idiot uninvited guest at the party they have to expect a hostile atmosphere.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    I don't know about this particular incident but the Gardaí do not know how to police football matches and usually have only themselves to blame if they find themselves in this situation. This insistance on coming up and standing among the hardcore fans is idiocy of the highest order. I've been at a fair few games in European leagues and this simply doesn't happen and wouldn't be tolerated. If they insist on behaving like the idiot uninvited guest at the party they have to expect a hostile atmosphere.
    I resent the implication that football fans are cattle, and that if they get out of hand, incompetent herding is to blame.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Yep - the Gardai are clearly to blame for trying to police, monitor or control the "hardcore" - (what does hardcore mean - those most likely to threaten them or assault them?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Yep - the Gardai are clearly to blame for trying to police, monitor or control the "hardcore" - (what does hardcore mean - those most likely to threaten them or assault them?)
    No it means those who stand and sing. Coming into the singing sections where people are jumping about and throwing their weight around is not the best method of crowd control and you don't see it elsewhere.

Mod edit - trolling deleted.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 27/10/2009 at 9:47 AM.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Hope your not including me in that. I was talking about the whole running on to the pitch thing.

Guards aren't above the law either, tend to enjoy throwing there weight around a lot of the time. Not to say they should be threatened or assaulted for no reason, as generally they are very good at matches and outside football.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    No it means those who stand and sing. Coming into the singing sections where people are jumping about and throwing their weight around is not the best method of crowd control and you don't see it elsewhere.
    Maybe you are right, but I can't help but chuckle at the thought that the Gardai should stay clear of places where people are "throwing their weight around" for fear of offending or inciting them.

Maybe the "fan" mentioned in the OP should appeal his conviction ( and sue the Gardai) on the basis of provocation!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast