Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: could it be true?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

could it be true?

Heard from two different reliable sources that no team has got a Premier license. If it's true, where does the league go from here?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know that todays irish star said that only ourselves and bohs would get it and that the general feeling is that we will get the licence. dont see how clubs like waterford and drogs will make up the extra seating required and the pitch is too small at tolka.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,348 Posts
    Heard a long time ago that no team would be close to getting one. There was talk of teams who had made progress towards the licence, which implies that some teams have just ignored it altogether. Talk about progress!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i'm presuming there will be exemptions? all very well for The eircom league but will the exemption apply to european competition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So Derry and Bohs will be the only two premier league teams next year? Should be interesting...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Slash/ED
    So Derry and Bohs will be the only two premier league teams next year? Should be interesting...
    They could call it the Anglo-Jackeen Cup

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Strange as i would have thought that
    City
    Longford
    Shels
    Bohs
    Sligo

would have all got it. I didnt think the Brandywell had a sufficient amount of seats.

What of Turners X? There are 6500 seats there? Ditto in the Flansiro?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    The Brandywell has above the required 1,500 covered seats. There were a few issues with regard to the stadium, but they've been sorted out recently. I think another issue with us is accounts. Jim Roddy was saying something about it being a bit awkward because our accounts go through the Brits first, then have to be submitted to the FAI with approval from the (Irish) Revenue.
    We'll get the license though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    theres so much more than just stadiums. Company certs must be origional no photo copys, all that type of thing. Accounts, training tax etc. Maybe its easier to fail all,than to give it to one or two.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by Gary
    Strange as i would have thought that
    City
    Longford
    Shels
    Bohs
    Sligo

would have all got it. I didnt think the Brandywell had a sufficient amount of seats.

What of Turners X? There are 6500 seats there? Ditto in the Flansiro?
    Jesus Gary, ever looked at the document? Far more than seat numbers for the ground - the number a toilets, positioning of them, segregation, size of pitch (our biggest problem groundwise), media facilities etc etc.

That's all before the financial side - our accounts are re-submitted, but we ain't officially back on the companies register, so that's us fúcked on it...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I remember hearing the one City would fall down on is loose surfaces on the St. Anne's End and down the sides. I'd say we'll have to tarmac that to get a licence.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From what I read about the licensing City are miles away from securing one. Turners X is a million miles from being up to scratch.

There cannot be any loose surfaces in the stadium. It has to be more wheelchair accessible. There needs to be better toilet facilities and there has to be toilets on both sides of the ground. Also Players and fans have to have different entrances to the ground and the current location of dressing rooms is unacceptable as far as I know.

You can be absolutely guaranteed that the financial aspects arent up to scratch either especially regarding ticket sales.

In fairness maybe some work has been done on the ground in the close season, I dont know. Does anybody know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Pats main problem is the size of the pitch and having entrances on two sides of the stadium...

One can be done, not sure the other can...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    quote from news section on County website :Fixtures for 2004 season.

The publication of the fixture list for the 2004 season has been deferred pending the outcome of the EUFA Club Licensing procedure. Decisions on the applications are imminent (Today Tues). A meeting of the Management Committee of the Eircom League will take place on Thursday 12th Feb “To adopt the 2004 Season League Fixture programme or to discuss the outcome of the EUFA Club Licensing decisions”

a bit ominous. Are we in danger of no league at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Originally posted by Countyman
    Are we in danger of no league at all?
    if you look here the FAI suggest that clubs must meet the criteria laid down in order to get and FAI licence to compete. It's also an independent body which awards the licences.

I don't think UEFA are enforcing this for at least another season though, it depends how the FAI reacts to the complacency shown by the EL clubs.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by tiktok
    I don't think UEFA are enforcing this for at least another season though, it depends how the FAI reacts to the complacency shown by the EL clubs.
    Is it complacency or the fact that clubs don't have the money, or rather the money the FAI promised when they launched the scheme... I've no doubt clubs could've done more (some premier clubs don't even meet the existing ground critea - step forward Drogs), but the FAI have to take their part of the blame.

For example, they watched Longford build an all seater ground from near enough scratch, and then tell us our pitch is too small to get a licence a year or so later.....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Macy, such were the ground regulations at the time that I remember that if we bet Lovech we would have had to play our next home game in Tolka....
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They rules seem a bit unclear.

Toilets both sides. So if you put toilets at either end of a stand you have toilets both sides? Do both ends count as both sides?

Ditto for enterences.

Pitch size. The pitch in Highbury is smaller than Turners Cross, wouldnt think it aint much bigger than Flancare. Like are the FAI really going to say Longford cant get a licence for their pitch but one of the biggest teams in Europe are allowed play on a pitch of much the same size.

Do we really need hot water in the taps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Yeah, that's a fair point Macy.
    I suppose the money will be even slower to come now that they've committed so much cash to the Landsdowne redevelopment. Are City, Shels and Longford waiting for the Euro money handout, if so though, where does that leave everybody else.

To be honest when i said complacency, City were on my mind. There can't have been that much work to do. The toilets near the Club shop are terrible and there's a few patches of uneven ground near the shed exit and St.Anne' end, but the club should have been among those in the best staring position.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by tiktok

To be honest when i said complacency, City were on my mind. There can't have been that much work to do. The toilets near the Club shop are terrible and there's a few patches of uneven ground near the shed exit and St.Anne' end, but the club should have been among those in the best staring position.
    Except things are never that simple in Cork football. Seeing as we dont own the Cross the MFA would have to give the permission to do these things etc. I dont think licencing is high on the MFA's list of things to do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast