Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Swiss game in September?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Swiss game in September?

Anybody have any info. as to where the swiss game might be held?

They seem to play all the big games in basel, yet they also played qualifiers in Geneva and Zurich for euro 2004?

Hoep it's basel, anyone any ideas?

only1kilbane
    My dads friend works in uefa and she told him its more than likely going to be in basel. Because all the arrangements worked so well last time they played us they dont see why there would be any change !

I am banking on this been the case as i have booked my hotel already !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for that.. I'm hoping for Basel. Had a ball there last time, with the exception of the game obviously.

Did you get flights?

only1kilbane
    did not book my flights yet ! last time out near the game a lot of the travel agents atarting sellin seat onlys direct to basel for 299 then it dropped to 199 !

this was near the game though so its a chance you take !

not sure what to do ! might fly dub-ltn then to geneva then drive up !

flights from gatwick to zurich go on sale in march so if you get in there early with easyjet you might get a good deal !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by only1kilbane
    did not book my flights yet ! last time out near the game a lot of the travel agents atarting sellin seat onlys direct to basel for 299 then it dropped to 199 !

this was near the game though so its a chance you take !

not sure what to do ! might fly dub-ltn then to geneva then drive up !

flights from gatwick to zurich go on sale in march so if you get in there early with easyjet you might get a good deal !
    got dub-luton luton-zurich for 170

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Enjoy Basel lads ...........but

The game will probley be in Berne the Swiss will have finished the stadium there and will want to start staging games asap............

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Typed in W***dorf in Yahoo and it appears that the W***dorf will reopen in summer 2005. Therefore Basel looks likely to be the venue. Good news for those that didn't get in last time as the event junkies are getting their fix the following month, w***ers.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

only1kilbane
    thank god ! feel a bit more confident about booking the flights now ! hopefully this time i will not have to sit with the locals and get a ticket with the irish fans , now the big game boys will be heading to paris !

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ......Basel was pretty cool and why not again...nice people and nice stadium....might even meet Heidi again...........

...........also sat with the locals behind the goal- thought I was the only green shirt in that section......will also know not to quee for non-alcholic lager at half time!!!!!!!!!

only1kilbane
    yeah basel was a good spot ! really dont want to have people stickin them stupid flags in my face and singin agadoo beside me !

non alcoholic beer what was that all about !

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    .........agree - woke up hearing the words 'hop suisse' for a month afterwards..............

......only non-alcholic lager was being sold in the ground......didn't stop us idiots queeing up for it........still made up for it before..... and afterwards..........

Erin Go Bragh!!!!!!!!!

only1kilbane

hop suisse

had nightmares about hop suisse and agadoo for a while after !

and the thing they were doing with there hands all through the game i was that class the poking there eyes out with the flag !

Cant wait for this game !

REVENGE IS SWEET !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Lopez
    Good news for those that didn't get in last time as the event junkies are getting their fix the following month, w***ers
    I feel the same.Only 22,000 for the Canada game and the Brazil tickets were sold out in 13 minutes.I thought I was destined to fork out for the touts but managed to come across one eventually.It does warrant the question though,are these 'fans' turning out to support Ireland or just to see the popular names that Brazil bears.The fact that all that flights around the weekend of the France game are gone,while the Switzerland game has been largely ignored,shows up the majority of us as 'event junkies'. (Personally I'm glad that I probably won't have to pay out €250 a ticket like last time though)

Originally posted by London Irish
    ...........also sat with the locals behind the goal- thought I was the only green shirt in that section......
    You definitely weren't the only green shirt down that end.Second half ourselves and a few Ireland fans nearby went down to the front to have a bit of a sing but it was fairly futile against the impervious and omnipresent Hopp Shwiss.(Someone needs to come up with a good p*ss take of this for the next game)
    Last edited by Beavis; 07/02/2004 at 1:43 PM.
    <insert witty remark>

only1kilbane
    good idea yeah we will have to have our irish version of hop swiss and also that thing with the hands we need to start that ourselves !

Glad personnally with the lack of interest in the switz game as means might get a ticket with the irish fans this time and you will have the committed fans there !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Originally posted by London Irish
    ...........also sat with the locals behind the goal- thought I was the only green shirt in that section......will also know not to quee for non-alcholic lager at half time!!!!!!!!!
    likewise. First time ever with a large Irish following at the end. Weird, but on the whole hassle free.
    Originally posted by Beavis
    I feel the same.Only 22,000 for the Canada game and the Brazil tickets were sold out in 13 minutes....The fact that all that flights around the weekend of the France game are gone,while the Switzerland game has been largely ignored,shows up the majority of us as 'event junkies'. (Personally I'm glad that I probably won't have to pay out €250 a ticket like last time though)
    Or pay out and not get a ticket. This time fingers crossed all who want to go will get in. As for Brazil, I think you're right about the big names. But as I said before, the last time the 'football purist' stayed at home to watch England v Scotland (can anyone back me up in case I'm looking a pr*ck here. So long ago ). Barstool brigade again. Perhaps we should rename Lansdowne Road W*nkdorf after them?
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!