Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why I hate the GAA

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think anyone would consider that gobsh*t a Gah fan.
    Was he not from the RSF, you would hardly call any of them Gah fans. They only support Celtic because they somehow think they are Irish.

I would be surprised if anyone in that group ever went to a match in this country no matter what sport it was.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Not really sure I understand the last post;a little history may be called for.

Having had experience of the FAI/IFA, GAA and even the ICU, they all have their pros and cons. It's difficult to say one sport is better than another though.

Soccer is obviously the world game, hurling requires skill and athleticism beyond belief, cricket is followed by millions (only thanks to the old BE) whilst Gaelic football is Gaelic football.....followed by hundreds of thousands on the island.

And in spite of their own relative merits, certainly the soccer/GAA have been run by some relative eejits over the years, which is the main thing they have in common.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Yeah but the vast majority of them can also be seen screaming at a TV when Liverpool, Celtic, Man U, Aresnal etc are playing.I Know its been seen many time before but its still a classic and IMO sums up the many of many GAA supporters

in fairness, i think you are clutching at straws if you think that moron is avid gaa fan. He was wheeled out o pub by RSF to chain their slogans. Sure look at the clothes on the sign weilding donkey - trailer trash irish style

Vast majority of gaa fans were in favour of opening croker. I'd be actively involved and have yet to meet someone in local club level who would have preferred our national teams to play home games abroad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Is this part of a series? "What I hate about comedies" for TV/Film, "What I hate about Macs" for Technology, etc.
    What I hate about your Momma!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345