Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shamrock Rovers V Sligo Rovers NOW Tolka Park 18th July - Predictions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I missed about 7 minutes of the game, which included 3 goals and a double save by their goali. Agreed re Boco in midfield, he played very well. Hopefully with the players back he will be allowed another chance there, along side O'grady. Blinkhorn looks like he will be of great aid to us. With Pats away in Europe mid week, I honestly think we can beat them. Our best 11 at the moment looks potentially very good

Brush
    Keane Ventre Peers Kendrick
    Morrison Boco O'Grady Marshall/Doyle
    Raf Blinkhorn

Whilst it's obvious we are in a relegation battle, I was particularly worried after the Cork game. However, I now think we have enough to pull through.
    Last edited by Rovers fan; 20/07/2009 at 2:02 PM. Reason: Forgot about Doyle!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Relegation.

I don't mean to repeat myself lads, but i was the one warning you all of what was ahead. I said it at the start of the season and was ridiculed for it by most of you on here, now look who was right.
    It was so obvious this situation was on the horizon. We will be relegated definately unless there is big changes, not much hope of that though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inside Man View Post
    I don't mean to repeat myself lads, but i was the one warning you all of what was ahead. I said it at the start of the season and was ridiculed for it by most of you on here, now look who was right.
    It was so obvious this situation was on the horizon. We will be relegated definately unless there is big changes, not much hope of that though.
    Dont know what you're on about big changes , we've had 6 players signed in the last few weeks that should be change enough , Plenty of time left to get ourselves out of the position we are in now.
    Last edited by gustavo; 20/07/2009 at 1:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Do you enjoy telling everyone how great you were cause you predicted x, y and z was going to happen? Whats a pessimistic attitude like that going tp achieve? Get behind your team and do all you possibly can to ensure we don't go down. What good is it saying it on here, if you can say it here why don't you go say it to the players and Paul Cook. See how smart you are then.

I wonder how smart and smug you'll be when were down playing in the graveyard again? Delighted your prediction was right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    Whilst it's obvious we are in a relegation battle, I was particularly worried after the Cork game. However, I now think we have enough to pull through.
    I'm the same, although i worried before the Cork game. I think if we'd managed to stay injury free e.g Butler, Mauro, even Peers in the last month, we'd be in a totally different situation. I still think we could do with another central defender though

Brush, Keane, Ventre, Peers, Kendrick, Doyle/Morrison, O' Grady, Boco, Raf, Blinkhorn and Turner (high hopes for the latter 2) will be IMO, our strongest team. Good enough to get us out of the situation we're in.

I hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post
    Missed 4 mins of the game and 2 goals , didn't say we were brillant but having seen us play shams 3 times this season that defo was the best performance against them, its was nice to see all 11 players on the pitch trying hard for a change instead of 8/9 and a few passengers , Boco in midfield has got potential, Blinkhorn looks like he can hold the ball up which will be great when raf is back.

I wasnt having a go or anything just had a different view on things...in your first post you said Kelly played well..personally i thought him and especially Noctor were out of their depth...dont want to come on here giving out about players...maybe in time with more first team action they will come on but playing them now will see us go down...also you said the new players did well..the front two tried hard with limited service but i thought Marshall was like a headless chicken..didnt do anything with the ball just ran ran ran..again way too early to be making any judgements on him in general but as regards the Shams match i wasnt too impressed..hopefully in time it will all come together...fingers crossed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Please be more specific...I think I know what you're getting at. Spit it out!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I got a high five off Sligoman in Dubrovnik.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    I got a high five off Sligoman in Dubrovnik.
    you also got a hot dog in a night club. i dunno which is more shocking
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
    you also got a hot dog in a night club. i dunno which is more shocking
    Im going to go with the hotdog.
    But Sligoman that is not to under value your high five, it ment alot to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    Im going to go with the hotdog.
    I haven't told you this 'til now.
    Well, you see, I couldn't say it to your face. I,eh, I put a mole in your hot dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Congratulations on being right, no doubt it is a fantastic feeling. Some day hopefully the rest of us might experience that same wonderful sensation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redie View Post
    Congratulations on being right, no doubt it is a fantastic feeling. Some day hopefully the rest of us might experience that same wonderful sensation!
    No its just a pity none of ye listened. Heads stuck in the clouds the lot of ye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    No its just a pity none of ye listened. Heads stuck in the clouds the lot of ye.
    Season isn't over yet

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    the season has plenty of games left yet and there are def worst tems above us, remember we are in semi of ea cup and home draw v derry in fai cup. we have plenty yet to play for. we wont get 4th again but top 6 finish with a cup in the bag is not out of the question

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry! What was that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Question

If we accept for a minute for the sake of argument that you were right Inside Man, I would like to know exactly what you would have done differently.
    I haven't the inclination to go over your posts again on the subject but from what I can recall you had an issue with PC coming back after he spat the dummy in pre season?
    I'm not having a go at you but it smacks a bit of Enda Kenny to be connstantly chipping in with "I knew this would happen, everything was done all wrong and I told ye so" without offering a viable alternative.
    For instance, who would you have liked to take over PC's job?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456