Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Way of Paying the tax man

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Way of Paying the tax man

We all know the one MAIN reasons why you did not get a licence was because the tax man was not paid.
    I know you owe 160 k approx, but I know if you went to them with a true offer of a down payment and monthly payments they would accept.

If you offered them say 30k down payment and if all the members pay their membership and season ticket payment up .
    Would 150 members pay 300.00 that would be enough to keep the tax man happy.
    Pay your manager because you need an experance person running the team, as you agrred from what I taken from your posts give your players bonus payements twice in the season.
    The money you make through sponsorship and from the gate pay the tax man and credotors off. If by the end of the season your club is in credit and still in the 1div reward the players.
    Would you as a supporter willing to go and pay your season ticket up,
    I would be willing to send your club a cheque for 300.00 if you had the full backing of the sopporters.
    Its a gamble but if you go to the tax man get the agreement then go to the FAI and let them know you have sorted the tax issue they could not stop your appeal.
    Please dont shoot me its just an idea
    the sub

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Or 60 at 500 a man/woman. It would basically be paying the season ticket in advance. Good idea there Sub.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Only problem with that is that officially you can't submit any new documentation ahead of the appeal. Supposedly it's to be assessed on the application as provided to the First Instance committee. That and the fact that the Revenue are a shower of barstewards who are impossible to do a deal with if you've annoyed them before..they'd want most of it up front. It's a good thought though.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sub View Post
    We all know the one MAIN reasons why you did not get a licence was because the tax man was not paid.
    I know you owe 160 k approx, but I know if you went to them with a true offer of a down payment and monthly payments they would accept.

If you offered them say 30k down payment and if all the members pay their membership and season ticket payment up .
    Would 150 members pay 300.00 that would be enough to keep the tax man happy.
    Pay your manager because you need an experance person running the team, as you agrred from what I taken from your posts give your players bonus payements twice in the season.
    The money you make through sponsorship and from the gate pay the tax man and credotors off. If by the end of the season your club is in credit and still in the 1div reward the players.
    Would you as a supporter willing to go and pay your season ticket up,
    I would be willing to send your club a cheque for 300.00 if you had the full backing of the sopporters.
    Its a gamble but if you go to the tax man get the agreement then go to the FAI and let them know you have sorted the tax issue they could not stop your appeal.
    Please dont shoot me its just an idea
    Fantastic idea id be well up for it anyway.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Only problem with that is that officially you can't submit any new documentation ahead of the appeal. Supposedly it's to be assessed on the application as provided to the First Instance committee. That and the fact that the Revenue are a shower of barstewards who are impossible to do a deal with if you've annoyed them before..they'd want most of it up front. It's a good thought though.

I believe that to be the case alright.
    Last edited by luka; 16/02/2009 at 6:49 PM.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Just to add to my post id imagine id easily get ten others of my buddies to do so aswell.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It's worth doing to clear the bill in any event though whether people would be as willing to do it if it wasn't going to influence an appeal I don't know. Good luck with everything anyway, pity we probably won't be meeting this year, we haven't played ye since we won promotion down at St. Colman's in 2000.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Good Idea Sub. And can I just say it says alot about the spirit of LOI football when you see all you boys/girls coming on here with yere good ideas trying to help out. Fair dues to one and all- hopefully your spirit will rub off on a few people down here
    Forget what YOU want and think about the CLUB before there is none.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There was an oppurtunity last week to pay €30,000 to the revenue and the rest in installments but the committee failed to inform the members of this. How could that money have been raised without asking? There is more lies being told here than in the Dail Eireann and until we get our house in order starting with the committee this club is going to go further and further into debt and out of LOI football. We may not even get ab "A" license yet as that is also conditional and what are the comittee doing about it ? sitting on their *ole*s doing nothing it is time for change NOW

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcplod View Post
    There was an oppurtunity last week to pay €30,000 to the revenue and the rest in installments but the committee failed to inform the members of this. How could that money have been raised without asking? There is more lies being told here than in the Dail Eireann and until we get our house in order starting with the committee this club is going to go further and further into debt and out of LOI football. We may not even get ab "A" license yet as that is also conditional and what are the comittee doing about it ? sitting on their *ole*s doing nothing it is time for change NOW
    I certainly echo this sentiment, it is time for change, in fact it is well over due. But I for one am not going to engage in blame for people not acting before now.

We were all led and said by what I described before as a dictatorship, and from what has been unfolding in recent days, only adds further to this.

What do we do now?? We demand our club back now!!

There is only one real way of course that we can do this and that is to engage the services of a legal eagle to study our consitution. Of course we don't have to do that when you look at the duties of the Chairman. A Chairman leads the Club and acts in the best interest of the Club.

My question now is, has the Chairman led with the best interests of the Club in mind??? If the answer is yes then he/she continues in office.

If the answer is no, then by calling an EGM ( I know another meeting) the members are entitled to put forward a motion of no confidence in the Chair and subsequent to the result if the Chairman loses the vote then they are compelled to resign as he/she does not enjoy the support of those who he/she represents, ie the Members.

We are a members club, lets start acting like democratic ones and get the power and future of the Club back once and for all.