Page 283 of 590 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Solid performance from midleton 3 goals from set pieces Everton didnt want to know about it Mark Duggan has done a fantastic job since taking over as manager Billy Cronin there last night to meet the committee after the game will be very interesting to see will he bring his long ball methods next season or will he keep Midletons footballing philosiphy?will he do a Blarney and turf out all the locals. On the Mark O Sullivan v Chubbs on whos a better player its like comparing a porch to a ferrari one is all power the other is pure technic.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    Solid performance from midleton 3 goals from set pieces Everton didnt want to know about it Mark Duggan has done a fantastic job since taking over as manager Billy Cronin there last night to meet the committee after the game will be very interesting to see will he bring his long ball methods next season or will he keep Midletons footballing philosiphy?will he do a Blarney and turf out all the locals. On the Mark O Sullivan v Chubbs on whos a better player its like comparing a porch to a ferrari one is all power the other is pure technic.
    I watched the Blarney game last night, in fairness they battled well but Avondale were in 2nd gear. Avondale are an axcellent side, brought on Mulcahy (ex D Hall lad) and Spratt, handy two subs. If they were on the beer all week it didnt show, Caufield and Mulconry great engines. Avondale streets ahead of other teams in the league. Blarney unfortunately heading to the first division. Lost a lot of local players for outside stars, then lost a lot of the stars to other clubs. (Avondale had 2 of them in first 11 last night), unfortunately the lads brought in to replace them were not good enough. Allan Weldon an awful loss for long periods of the season and Pat Keane another huge loss through injury. The two of them were the starting centre backs last season. Allan played last night and made a huge difference but he was missed for the run in.
    Its not the end of the world i suppose for Blarney, both first and second teams relegated in a season a major setback for the club though. Need to have a long hard look at it and hopefully can turn it around.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    The play off between Fermoy and Carrigaline is now moved to Sunday morning at 10.45 due to a bereavement in the Carrigaline club. Condolences from all involved in Fermoy FC to the family on their loss. RIP.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    I watched the Blarney game last night, in fairness they battled well but Avondale were in 2nd gear. Avondale are an axcellent side, brought on Mulcahy (ex D Hall lad) and Spratt, handy two subs. If they were on the beer all week it didnt show, Caufield and Mulconry great engines. Avondale streets ahead of other teams in the league. Blarney unfortunately heading to the first division. Lost a lot of local players for outside stars, then lost a lot of the stars to other clubs. (Avondale had 2 of them in first 11 last night), unfortunately the lads brought in to replace them were not good enough. Allan Weldon an awful loss for long periods of the season and Pat Keane another huge loss through injury. The two of them were the starting centre backs last season. Allan played last night and made a huge difference but he was missed for the run in.
    Its not the end of the world i suppose for Blarney, both first and second teams relegated in a season a major setback for the club though. Need to have a long hard look at it and hopefully can turn it around.
    I was impressed with Blarneys fight and if they played like that all season, they wouldnt be anywhere near the relegation zone. Interesting to see if a lot of their players will move, surely Ray O'Leary will be headhunted. Always gave his all for the club.
    Who were the two ex blarney?? Conor Meade and ??
    Sad to see them go down with such great facilities and an outstanding pitch. That first division can be a very difficult league to get out of as Fermoy know all too well.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    I was impressed with Blarneys fight and if they played like that all season, they wouldnt be anywhere near the relegation zone. Interesting to see if a lot of their players will move, surely Ray O'Leary will be headhunted. Always gave his all for the club.
    Who were the two ex blarney?? Conor Meade and ??
    Sad to see them go down with such great facilities and an outstanding pitch. That first division can be a very difficult league to get out of as Fermoy know all too well.

Is it deccy cahill???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyBHFC View Post
    Is it deccy cahill???
    Yip, played with Blarney for a bit.

I would hope (and be pretty sure) that Ray would hang about. In fairness to him he has been Blarneys best player over the last 10+ years consistently giving his all. He is 30+ now and should be in a position to be able to sit and dictate play rather than having to carry the team and cover so much ground.
    Ray, Weldon hopefully hang about and build a younger team around them to get promoted.
    I played with Blarney for a good few years when we went senior first and we got promoted from the first division unbeaten and won the pop kelleher cup , nearly exclusively with local lads who were good pals as well as decent players. Hopefully that is something they can get back to. Get decent crowds back at the games then too if a local interest. If the players are in the club/area is another question.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Are the Munster Senior League a joke or what?
    Avondale are plaing the biggest game of their season on sunday, and if they win the inter cup, will deservedly be on the booze for a few days if not more celebrating. Yet the munster senior league have put them down to play Blarney the following wed evening. I think this is so wrong and automatically gives blarney an unfair advantage in what will be a massive game in the relegation battle. Why wasnt this game played before now? I think some one with a bit of cop on needs to get involved with this committee and start running our league in a proper order...RANT OVER
    Well Magpie, you could have been right about about Avondale, but I seen the Everton team ye played last night and surely Blarney should have been the ones complaining!! But well done on staying up, I was glad as I enjoy watching Midleton games.

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiostar View Post
    Well Magpie, you could have been right about about Avondale, but I seen the Everton team ye played last night and surely Blarney should have been the ones complaining!! But well done on staying up, I was glad as I enjoy watching Midleton games.
    Ah that's not a fair comment.dave welsh is a great centre back!!!!!!!!

magpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Ah that's not a fair comment.dave welsh is a great centre back!!!!!!!!
    if fairness to him,he didnt do to badly now chiefscout. He's a very good footballer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    certainly a blow for blarney but they battled back well last night
    question is now what players will stay with the club next season?
    this kind of situation where locals are moved aside at will in favour of 'outsiders' i suppose in hindsight was always a risky strategy from the club
    great facilities out there though so surely will still attract some players
    will management change hands aswell this year silly billyg?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Just reading back over the posts from the last 24hours and the general concensus seems to be that Blarneys downfall seems to stem from all these ''outsiders'' coming in and ruining the team. My question is though, Was this not roughly the exact same team ( 1 or 2 additions ) that came 5th last season, won the beamish and o'connell cup and were beaten in the final of the Keane cup? Come on people you have to take the good times with the bad..... Stop pointing fingers like kids in a school yard!!! In my opinion i think that injuries to key players was the main factor in a poor league campaign.
    Last edited by Reznik; 17/05/2012 at 10:57 PM.
    Munster Senior League Weekly Predictions Champion 2010/2011

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ah Reznik come on. On paper that 'team' should have easily been at least mid table but football isn't played on paper. I have never ever in my lifetime seen a senior team so unfit. It was embarrassing to watch never mind if you were involved. That obviously shows a lack of commitment. And when you couple that with no heart,no desire,no drive,no stomach for the battle that's why ye went down. Can you honestly tell me that if that team was packed with 11 inferior local players that those 11 lads wouldn't have been fitter,wouldn't have more heart and desire,that they wouldn't give they're last drop for the club? I think you know the answer yourself. I remember watching Blarney yrs ago and the fight ye had was unbelievable,we used to dread going out there and I know every other team in Cork felt the same. Now it's an easy 3 pts. The heart and soul has been ripped out of that club. So let me ask you is it better to get relegated with a team of outsiders or a team of Blarney men?
    There was a time that ye were everbodys second club,something to be admired with the way ye built the club from the ground now I'd be surprised if there was a tear shed outside of Tower last night. It's sad but somebody in your club should stand up and say it
    Last edited by Carpet; 18/05/2012 at 2:28 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    Just reading back over the posts from the last 24hours and the general concensus seems to be that Blarneys downfall seems to stem from all these ''outsiders'' coming in and ruining the team. My question is though, Was this not roughly the exact same team ( 1 or 2 additions ) that came 5th last season, won the beamish and o'connell cup and were beaten in the final of the Keane cup? Come on people you have to take the good times with the bad..... Stop pointing fingers like kids in a school yard!!! In my opinion i think that injuries to key players was the main factor in a poor league campaign.
    I am not pointing fingers in the slightest. I said Pat Keane and Allan Weldons injuries (and Dave Aherne leaving too) all were huge factors in the relegation. And the team are still in both the cups that they won last season so could win both of them again this season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    I am not pointing fingers in the slightest. I said Pat Keane and Allan Weldons injuries (and Dave Aherne leaving too) all were huge factors in the relegation. And the team are still in both the cups that they won last season so could win both of them again this season.
    the same dave ahern who couldnt get a look in for the seniors so went playing junior and rockmount snapped him up january 2011?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Great gesture from cork city tonight to have the Avondale lads parade the intermediate cup at half time in their match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I find that very hard to believe, john ryan aka goggs heading up to Mayfield. Mayfield have been going well enough of late. Why would they bring a fella in who has nearly relegated midleton in the last 2 seasons, it took the club to get rid of him early this year to give them any hope of staying up. I think Tadhg has a lot more cop on than that.. To come on the other night and pretty much slate the top manager in the league for the past few seasons if not ever in the senior league for "long ball tactics" was poor, was more like sour grapes i say!!! Billy cronin has turned teams from in terms of cars "little mini's" to ferrari in his years. Anyway if ryan is going to mayfield its off to cashmans or paddy powers to get odds on mayfield for the drop next season!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluey View Post
    I find that very hard to believe, john ryan aka goggs heading up to Mayfield. Mayfield have been going well enough of late. Why would they bring a fella in who has nearly relegated midleton in the last 2 seasons, it took the club to get rid of him early this year to give them any hope of staying up. I think Tadhg has a lot more cop on than that.. To come on the other night and pretty much slate the top manager in the league for the past few seasons if not ever in the senior league for "long ball tactics" was poor, was more like sour grapes i say!!! Billy cronin has turned teams from in terms of cars "little mini's" to ferrari in his years. Anyway if ryan is going to mayfield its off to cashmans or paddy powers to get odds on mayfield for the drop next season!!!
    My apologies..Ryan to be number 2 to tadhg

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    jack, u seem to have a problem with all things midleton, a couple of pages back you can be quoted slating there junior team after they beat ye in the fai junior cup,( maybe you shoudn't of got sent off!!) now having a pop off their past manager! before you reply back to me now with some more anti midleton guff< maybe you should have a look at some facts. john ryan took over midleton in the 2nd division and got them promoted, 1st year up in division 1, they stayed up and won the pop kelleher cup while the other promoted team lakewood finished bottom of the table by a country mile, 2nd year they won the 1st division got go the munster senior cup final against waterford and won m.s.l tam of the year( other promoted team tramore finished bottom of the leauge by a mile as well)! last year in their first year back in the premier division they stayed up got to the 1/4 final of intermiedate cup, first round of fai cup proper, and this year he resigned, the club wanted him to stay on but he felt that it wasn't working so after giving the club notice he stayed on an extra week or 2 until they found a replacement in mark duggan to take charge for the rest of the season! its 10 o'clock now here in oz, i'm going for a pint after that rant! :-)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Irish Sport Summit taking place in cork next friday 25th, discussing the impact of worsening economic picture is having on the Irish sporting environment and look at ways of addressing the issues through co-operation and innovation. Check out http://www.irishsportssummit.com/ for more details.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Wow bluey thats some rant to be honest it doesnt bother me where he goes next season hes not with us any more and I tend to agree he could have done more at Midleton as I think for the catchment area and facilities Midleton should be a top club,I think Duggan could bring them to the top in time I just don't want to pay my 3 euros in every week to see 11 outsiders hoofing the ball to kingdom come. I know you have had a tough year bluey in both senior and junior and maybe that hurt has clouded your jugement but read the post again nobodys disputing his credentials.Its his style of play I don't like and the potential of losing our home based players.To sum it up Bluey I don't want Midleton to sell there soul like Blarney did and end up like ye no home based players no support any more just the lower divisions to look forward to.