Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Tickets - Swiss v Ireland

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Foot.ie! Match Tickets - Swiss v Ireland

Any idea's where you can get tickets from? Don't have a block booking in Lansdowne, cant get tickets off the FAI.

Was gona try the swiss FA, bit of a long shot?

Anyone know someone sellin tickets?

Neil
    Try your local eircom League club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    no point going to the swiss FA, they're not going to have any ticket's that aren't taken up, Basel isn't that big a stadium.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    A friend of mine's cousins live in Switzerland, we're gona see if they can get their hands on some tickets.
    Not involved in any local Eircom league clubs... know a few people in various rovers supporters clubs but they can't get tickets either.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Tickets for this match should be available on the following site, for those that fancy trying their arm at buying tickets for the home end. (they are not on sale yet.) The site is only in German or French and you need to register in advance, its fairly easy to guess what to do if you don't speak Ger/Fre.

Im keeping an eye on it daily and I'll post when they go on sale for those willing to give it a bash.

www.ticketcorner.ch

Jnr

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

swiss tickets

Tickets for this one are going to be a lot harder to get than usual. I was on to the FAI about a week ago and they said that for the 3,000 tickets which have been made available to them they have had in the region of 8,000 applications. As they were only taking applications from block bookers for this game the actual figure looking for tickets will be well over the 10,000 mark. Looks as though there are going to be a lot of people travelling with no tickets.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

here is an expensive way to get tickets

http://www.euroteam.info/

I have booked tickets with these guys for the game in Switzerland.

They have just taken a chunk from my credit card today ....GBP220 odd for 2 cat 3 tickets ....absolute rip off but it means I will get to the game assuming that I am actually going to receive my tickets at the end of it .

I took a chance ...not sure if the tickets will eve be in the Ireland end of the ground.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    touts with a website, I feckin hate them.......

What guarantee have you got, seeing as the Swiss end tickets haven't gone on sale yet? are they approved or anything?

I know its difficult predicament when you know you are travelling but haven't got a guaranteed ticket, but if you are willing to pay over the odds I think its worth waiting until much nearer the time (its still 10 weeks until the game and no official tickets, Ireland or Swiss end have been distributed yet),

Hang fire for those tempted, is my advice

All in my opinion of course!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Considering that the face value for tickets in the Irish end is €21 that is quite a mark up. I think I'll wait to see if I get any from the FAI first before I go paying prices like that. God I hate touts.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ticket prices..........

Got a call from the travel agent last monday morning to let me know that tbey "aquired" tickets in or near the Irish end in Basle.
    They want 125 euro for each ticket (face value is 21 euro).

Ashbourne.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by Junior
    Tickets for this match should be available on the following site, for those that fancy trying their arm at buying tickets for the home end. (they are not on sale yet.) The site is only in German or French and you need to register in advance, its fairly easy to guess what to do if you don't speak Ger/Fre.

Im keeping an eye on it daily and I'll post when they go on sale for those willing to give it a bash.

www.ticketcorner.ch

Jnr
    On sale from 9am on saturday 23rd. max 4 per person

I for one will be giving it a go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    not to be too anal (and i assume it's the latter) but to be clear, is it 9am Irish or Swiss time, i'd imagine the demand is going to be high.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The tickets are on sale from 9am Swiss Time (10am Irish Time). The link http://www.ticketcorner.ch/index.php...&id=4000%2F654 will take you directly to the place you buy the tickets.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry, of course 9am Swiss Time is in fact 8 AM IRISH TIME.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just got 2 for block B7 anyone else successful?

my have 2 to offload

will let you know when I hear from my online tout friends

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I got two for block D6. Alas I also bought myself a ticket from that tout site that you mentioned earlier - just to cover mi culo, hombre.

Just aswell. I didn't think I'd get anything from Ticketcorner, and the number of categories were going down quicker than Linda Lovelace on John Holmes. Hopefully they'll all come through.

I'm not too fond of dealing with these 'agencies' but what can you do? I went to Madrid earlier this year to watch Real - Deportivo. Paid £260 for me and my son from one of these agents. The only good thing is that the tickets DID turn up and I doubt if this crowd will stitich us up (paying by credit card at least guarantees a refund - well in Britain it does!).

People will say that we are only encouraging the black market and the real fans aren't getting in. I've been following Ireland too long to be categorised into the bandwagon brigade, so I've got nothing to be ashamed of in that department. It's the golfing brigade that's keeping 'the real' fans out. I think some hack in Ireland called them 'event junkies'. Just hope I get a Prawn sandwhich out of this.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Swiss V Ireland

Just off the topic of tickets for a second I came a cross a handy site for those of us going to Basel. You will find it at www.thelocals.ch The heading was what caught my eye "How can I see a few sights of Basel and still have enough time to get p*ssed". I don't know about the rest of you but that covers most of the bases so far as I'm concerned. It has a breakdown of the different areas of the city and the different kinds of bars and restaurants you can expect to find in each area. It's actually aimed at the away football supporter so it's pretty handy.

Paulie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    wonder how many irish were among the buyers
    from www.rte.ie

All 30,000 tickets for Switzerland's Euro 2004 Group 10 showdown with Ireland on October 11 sold out in just 30 minutes today, the Swiss Football Association has revealed. Tickets for the match at Basel's St Jakob Park stadium went on sale at 7am GMT today, and the entire allocation was exhausted within half an hour. Switzerland top their group with 12 points, two ahead of Ireland. Russia lie third, three points behind Ireland with a game in hand, with all three sides still due to play each other again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No luck

At 8am I spent half an hour trying to get access to www.ticketcorner.ch, with no luck Will just have to travel and hope for the best.

Does anyone know what price touts will charge on the day of the game?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by Barna Bee
    Just got 2 for block B7 anyone else successful?

my have 2 to offload

will let you know when I hear from my online tout friends
    alright there Barna.

Ive been tracking this one for the last 6 weeks or so, had three usernames registered and didn't get a sniff yesterday, I had 4 tickets selected at one point but it wouldn't let me complete the purchase....gutted.

1) why didn't ya buy the maximum 4 tickets? knowing the demand its not like you would have been stuck with them.

2) If you do end up with spares, I'd be grateful if you'd consider me as it looks like the ROISSC has given me a 1 in 6 chance of a ticket. I could always meet you in London somewhere.

Cheers,

Jnr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast