Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamrock on Saturday (Shams 2-1 Rovers)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Come back Dick Brush, all is forgiven! Jennings truly had a howler. He inspires anything but confidence in his back four. They can't have confidence in him because they don't know what he's going to do in any given situation.

Butler was utterly stupid with his sending off. His first tackle wasn't malicious, but it was clumsy and dangerous. Deserved a yellow. The second was for threatening to box a Shams player. He knew he was on a yellow, so he should have behaved himself. Everyone around me seemed to think it was an awful decision, but they were 2 yellow card offences and 2 yellows = 1 red. Having said that, this ref was quite happy to dish out the cards.

Regarding our play, we did some good things, but there were few shots/headers on target, and you don't win games unless you force the goalie to work. For most of the game, we didn't do that. Saying that, Anto was outstanding in an unfamiliar forward role, and Seamie was great as usual. Not much came from the wingers, Doherty and Cash, and Raf was used in central midfield when he came on. Hate to say it, but Shams deserve the win for taking their chances. It could have been a different story with Brush in goals, though.

If anyone saw the scuffle outside after the game, I was the Rovers fan that got hit from behind by some cowardly scumbag. Luckily, he was nabbed by a steward and promptly put in cuffs by the gardai. Myself and a witness will be giving statements and hopefully this hoodlum will get the book thrown at him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Why was Brush dropped..makes no sense. Manager would also need to instill more discipline in team although I thought Butler's first yellow card in particular very harsh and the sending off effectively gave the game to Shams. Even with 10 men rovers did well to fight back but whatever chance they had was undone by the bad goalkeeping choice. The Sligo support was great yet again and deserved more.

Need badly to regroup now and avoid falling away in league ...this will be a big test for manager and team but let's get behind them and aim for a top four position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    Come back Dick Brush, all is forgiven! Jennings truly had a howler. He inspires anything but confidence in his back four. They can't have confidence in him because they don't know what he's going to do in any given situation.

Butler was utterly stupid with his sending off. His first tackle wasn't malicious, but it was clumsy and dangerous. Deserved a yellow. The second was for threatening to box a Shams player. He knew he was on a yellow, so he should have behaved himself. Everyone around me seemed to think it was an awful decision, but they were 2 yellow card offences and 2 yellows = 1 red. Having said that, this ref was quite happy to dish out the cards.

Regarding our play, we did some good things, but there were few shots/headers on target, and you don't win games unless you force the goalie to work. For most of the game, we didn't do that. Saying that, Anto was outstanding in an unfamiliar forward role, and Seamie was great as usual. Not much came from the wingers, Doherty and Cash, and Raf was used in central midfield when he came on. Hate to say it, but Shams deserve the win for taking their chances. It could have been a different story with Brush in goals, though.

If anyone saw the scuffle outside after the game, I was the Rovers fan that got hit from behind by some cowardly scumbag. Luckily, he was nabbed by a steward and promptly put in cuffs by the gardai. Myself and a witness will be giving statements and hopefully this hoodlum will get the book thrown at him.
    what does he have to be fogiven for ? hes been great this season and if pat jennings starts against UCD I have lost some respect for paul cook I mean we gave pat 3 games and he wasted the chances to prove himself and as you said bring back dick brush (PLEASE!!!)
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrover View Post
    Why was Brush dropped..makes no sense. Manager would also need to instill more discipline in team although I thought Butler's first yellow card in particular very harsh and the sending off effectively gave the game to Shams. Even with 10 men rovers did well to fight back but whatever chance they had was undone by the bad goalkeeping choice. The Sligo support was great yet again and deserved more.

Need badly to regroup now and avoid falling away in league ...this will be a big test for manager and team but let's get behind them and aim for a top four position.
    I have a sneaky feeling its just to give pat a few run outs but that proved horribly wrong choice. even in the first match he was dreadful also good to see Judge put in an effort tonight.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The next 5 games will shape the rest of our season imo. 4 of them(cobh,ucd,harps,galway) are very winnable,we need to pick ourselves up quickly and make something of our season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling its just to give pat a few run outs but that proved horribly wrong choice. even in the first match he was dreadful also good to see Judge put in an effort tonight.
    I don't think they give a wee runout in the most important game of our season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    I don't think they give a wee runout in the most important game of our season.
    suppose, but wouldnt you expect pat to be dropped after a 3-0 loss. if Brush was in (altough I wasnt at the match) I have a feeling he could've made a difference. And afaik he really couldve made things worse for himself, I was listening to the match and I understand early on in the game he messed up a kickout and almost put in his own net.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes, you play your strongest team in the FAI cup.

Raf and Judge also improved things when they came on and still think we might not be out had Brush started.How the manager picks the team up now will be a real test...lets hope for the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, you play your strongest team in the FAI cup.

Raf and Judge also improved things when they came on and still think we might not be out had Brush started.How the manager picks the team up now will be a real test...lets hope for the best
    hope Cook thinks twice anymore about who he puts in goals too. And ive probably said it already but by the what i heard on the radio Judge really put in an effort probably the first and last time we'll see him try this season (well for us anyways i'd say he'll be gone in july along with faz)
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Faz was poor tonight imo and certainly looks as though he is gone hope we can keep Judge as with a bit of confidence think he might come right again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Faz was poor tonight imo and certainly looks as though he is gone hope we can keep Judge as with a bit of confidence think he might come right again.
    he'll need alot more than just a bit too get back too his old scoring ways
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    id like to see judge and boco play well together but no matter how many goals judge gets between now and the transfer window if cook can bring in a striker there gonna start ahead of judge because if faz goes on a swap deal were going to get a top quality striker.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Buttimer and Eddie Foley-Pathetic excuses of officials.
    Jennings-Pathetic excuse of a goalie.

That defence can't be too confident given that Jennings is behind them, any time the ball went towards him I was afraid he'd drop it. His kicking is amateur and he finds it hard to deal with crosses into the box. He made one great save though but that doesn't mean he deserves a place in the starting 11. Time for Cook to grow up and put Brush back in, he's being too stubborn(referring to at the Drogheda game where Cook said 'the more people complain about Jennings, the more I'll play him' to a Rovers fan)

Buttimer and Foley really are terrible, I really hope that game was being watched by a referee's assesor and them ****s get booted out, Buttimer especially, he's a total idiot.

As for our fans, we were great tonight. Apart from the guy who decided to throw his smoke cannister thing on to the pitch.

We deserved a re-play at least. Even though we were down to ten men we kept going and really put shams under pressure, they're an extremely poor side and hopefully will get relegated. Faz was awful tonight, wasted free-kicks and corners. Murphy was great up front and Seamie, as usual, top notch, O'Grady never gave up either.
    Last edited by sligoman; 07/06/2008 at 11:50 PM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Buttimer and Eddie Foley-Pathetic excuses of officials.
    Jennings-Pathetic excuse of a goalie.

That defence can't be too confident given that Jennings is behind them, any time the ball went towards him I was afraid he'd drop it. His kicking is amateur and he finds it hard to deal with crosses into the box. He made one great save though but that doesn't mean he deserves a place in the starting 11. Time for Cook to grow up and put Brush back in, he's being too stubborn(referring to at the Drogheda game where Cook said 'the more people complain about Jennings, the more I'll play him' to a Rovers fan)

Buttimer and Foley really are terrible, I really hope that game was being watched by a referee's assesor and them ****s get booted out, Buttimer especially, he's a total idiot.

As for our fans, we were great tonight. Apart from the guy who decided to throw his smoke cannister thing on to the pitch.
    well said in few words I didnt see this match but ive seen him in other matches and hes a pathetic excuse for a keeper, and aswell as someone throwing a smoke cannister onto the pitch didnt one of our fans get attacked (or just a hit over the head) but whoever did it was arrested later ?
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Extra time match report for anyone thats interested

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/518/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    well by the sounds of it that ref has a thing for handing out cards 9 cards and butler also got sent off. fair play to anto though gave us a lifeline. and I also hear jennings made a blunder early on the game.
    The blunder Jennings made was before the game - he came out of the dressing room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Ok where to start?

Officials - Complete joke, i might be a little biased here but i have always believed in players getting a warning before a card, saying that i can understand why the first yellow was given, im not sure what happened for the second yellow, i saw a challenge from butler but it didnt look like a second yellow from where i was, i went to answer my phone and about 10 seconds later the ref pulled out his card, it cannot have been for the challenge, if butler said something i hope cookie mauled him when he got into the dressing room, what a complete wally..you dont say something to a ref in this league when you're on a yellow card.

The Game - Well, Jennings doesnt deserve to put on a rovers shirt, defence have no confidence in him and hopefully he doesnt have any confidence in his abilities, otherwise he doesnt deserve to play for Abbey United.

Coleman was superb throughout, never gave up and shams couldnt handle him, was skipping past them with ease but they kept taking him out with dirty tackles...and didnt even get booked, again i have always believed in(and thought the rule was) giving out a yellow card if the tackle was on purpose no matter how hard it was.

Anto played great throughout the game but i was expecting more from cashie & doherty, Raff should have started but the Curry a-la-raff must have battered his colon, still was able to come on in the game & if he'd started it could have been different, O'Grady had a good game too, made some good passes and won a few balls.

I dont like to bash faz but he had a terrible game, he wasted everything, saying that he looked lost up front on his own til' we went 4-3-2. Judgie isnt with it, he has some personal problems is what is being said, if its something back in england cookie should give him 2 weeks off to go home and try to get his head straight, might sound stupid but i think 2 weeks off for him & we could see the old matthew judge back, or we can continue to watch what he doing now for weeks.

Steve feeney should have come on, 1 of 2 mistakes cookie made in the game, we all know the other one...

All in all it was a terrible away trip for me, its been many years since i left a game feeling sick(when we got relegated i think it was). All i could say on the way home was 'hang Buttimer'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unhappy

I see the Sunday Indo says Buttimer was from Holland...maybe that explains it??!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo_Boy View Post
    Ok where to start?

Officials - Complete joke, i might be a little biased here but i have always believed in players getting a warning before a card, saying that i can understand why the first yellow was given, im not sure what happened for the second yellow, i saw a challenge from butler but it didnt look like a second yellow from where i was, i went to answer my phone and about 10 seconds later the ref pulled out his card, it cannot have been for the challenge, if butler said something i hope cookie mauled him when he got into the dressing room, what a complete wally..you dont say something to a ref in this league when you're on a yellow card.
    the second yellow was for after the tackle a shams player was abusing him and he launched his head at him when he was walking away,he was getting away with it until about 5shams players told the ref to book him and buttimer changed his mind and gave him his second card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forza rovers View Post
    the second yellow was for after the tackle a shams player was abusing him and he launched his head at him when he was walking away,he was getting away with it until about 5shams players told the ref to book him and buttimer changed his mind and gave him his second card.
    So buttimer didnt see him do it but he took the word of the opposition players?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast