Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats going on?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I dont want to protest, we go cause we want to support the team the best as we can. By being quiet i believe we're giving in to them. I suggest keep doing what we are doing.
    If we didnt have an ultra group set up this problem wouldnt even happen. we've a name and its an easy target for them to blame any sort of trouble on. pathetic.

we got info sheets of paper on our seats last week 9against drogheda), maybe we should print out the four point stevo found above and give them out....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Da Gull View Post
    But then we wouldn't be Ultras ... accrding to wikipedia: The four core points of the ultra mentality are:

* never stop singing or chanting during a match, no matter what the result
    * never sit down during a match
    * attend as many games as possible (home and away), regardless of cost or distance
    * loyalty to the stand in which the group is located (also known as the Curva or Kop).

Although I am aware of Ultras who have made silent protests in the past. The wikipedia page on ultras isn't a bad read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultras

I'm personally not sure I'd be able to stay totally quiet without cheering the lads on in some way... it would be easier to not show up at all or walk out if this stuff continues.
    Funny enough, but there wasn't dead silence at Bray games before the 'ultras' showed up. Don't overestimate your power. The obvious thing is for the leaders of the 'ultras' to sit down and talk with the club/ supporters club and iron out the difficulties. Surely it can't be that hard to sing without swearing or covering your faces with scarves?
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    become independant. organise your own bus and do what you want

MickNolan
    Quote Originally Posted by naoise kennedy View Post
    any truth that tony grant from drogheda is coming this way in july...
    Talk about changing topic.

Lads yizz are a great bunch of supporters dont give up just because a few people don't want you's. You prob support them more than the one's who are complaining do. Don't let some individuals take you down. On friday go out and do the biggest display you's can manage and sing you hearts out and show them that you arent giving up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Don't overestimate your power.
    I wouldn't. It should be stated as much as possible that Bray Wanderers, our support and everything we do revolves around the players. The worst case scenario is that this gets out of hand and effects the players somehow. Na Fanaithe haven't changed anything really, we have been supporting the club for years and simply decided to give ourselves a name for orginisational and other purposes.. now that we have a name it seems we can be blamed on anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    it was actually ridiculous on saturday night, taking flags, taking pictures, im surprised they didnt take the air horns off because they where nearly as bad as the galway stewards.

And the two people who were involved in implimenting this, what were they doing 10-12 years ago?????????

I'll bleeding tell you, they were the lads with the flags, cursing in songs, basically what we're doning now and now their giving out to us for it, COPE ON LADS WILL YOU

They had no authority to be taking the lads flags in an away ground and the lads who did it dont even have much authority in the carlisle.

I say on Friday, we get everything we can just to show them we're not going to get pushed around and let them dictate us, sing even louder, jump around and dont stop it just because a few old lads are scared of change.

It was a shocking on saturday, and these people were pretty supportive of it in the first place.

JUST GROW UP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNolan View Post
    Lads yizz are a great bunch of supporters dont give up just because a few people don't want you's. You prob support them more than the one's who are complaining do. Don't let some individuals take you down. On friday go out and do the biggest display you's can manage and sing you hearts out and show them that you arent giving up.
    Fair play to ya lads i think he's right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Organising an independant supporters club isn't a bad idea if people are that unhappy with the way the fans are being treated.

I agree organising a big display and getting a crowd together for friday is good but maybe help the club find out who was causing the trouble against Drogs would smooth things over. No one likes a grass but it might be the only way!!
    \o/ |o| \o/ |o| \o/.....easy, easy, easy

Official Representative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lads, there is a Supporters Club meeting in the Carlisle Grounds on Tuesday 20th May at 8.00pm. Most of the fans that travelled to Sligo on Saturday are members of the supporters club. Please feel free to attend the meeting and have a proper discussion about this problem before it gets out of hand. It will be an ideal opportunity for you to put forward your opinions in a proper manner.

Michael
    BWSC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    lads go out with a big display,a couple of flares,and a cupple of smoke or make a one game banner,saying how ye feel.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forza rovers View Post
    lads go out with a big display,a couple of flares,and a cupple of smoke or make a one game banner,saying how ye feel.
    Why would anyone in their right mind go out and get their club fined on pourpose?

Dialouge with the Supporters Club and the Club itself is the only way forward to try and sort it out. Without the singers, drummers, flags etc the place would be dead and lifeless! They need to be there and they need to be helped as much as they can but it also needs to be controlled. There is a number of little runts who are associating themselves with the "Ultras" and it's causing them problems....
    Last edited by BrayUnknowns; 20/05/2008 at 4:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post
    Why would anyone in their right mind go out and get their club fined on pourpose?

Dialouge with the Supporters Club and the Club itself is the only way forward to try and sort it out. Without the singers, drummers, flags etc the place would be dead and lifeless! They need to be there and they need to be helped as much as they can but it also needs to be controlled. There is a number of little runts who are associating themselves with the "Ultras" and it's causing them problems....
    yeah what you said...

i'm agreeing with you!!!!

dont think i've done that before....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12