Thread: Eamon Dunphy gave waterford united 10,000

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eamon Dunphy gave waterford united 10,000

fair play to him.
    Last edited by pete; 16/04/2008 at 9:46 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Forgive my being a little cynical but did the club get the money?? Or was this just another publicity gimmick??

Watching the video it looks like it was a big set-up!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man Himself View Post
    eamon dunphy gave waterford united 10,000
    That's alot of gargle

That video is an embarrassment, he's pished and is clearly taking the **** out of WUFC.
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    I wouldn't be counting any chickens or i'd be counting everything else to ensure its all there. Can you keep us posted on this one?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    What were they bidding on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Its poor form that if someone donates money to a club they get slated for having an agenda, can people not just say well done or fair played?

But really that would buy some amount of liquor, he has to have another book coming out or something, ill have to reserve judgement 'til the cheque clears.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i was at that night in the tower hotel last friday and dunphy said he would honour his bid of 10 grand for the shirt as he knew the club needed the money, he also waived his 3,500 apperance fee as did ray houghton, john delaney mucked in with 4,000 for a holiday bid aswell,
    wouldnt have believed it myself only i seen it,
    fair play to all 3 for their genorousity and well done.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    What were they bidding on?
    ronaldinho signed brazil shirt,
    plus there was sun holidays up for auction aswell as a lot of other stuff,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Its poor form that if someone donates money to a club they get slated for having an agenda, can people not just say well done or fair played?

But really that would buy some amount of liquor, he has to have another book coming out or something, ill have to reserve judgement 'til the cheque clears.

Fair point.

....on anyone else bar Dunphy, that is !

The man has gone out of his way to talk-down the LOI in his usual bitter and twisted way for decades now. Ever since his pet Rovers project turned to dust.

I'm glad someone in the league is getting a share of his money. But it won't change my view of the man, nor the history of his attitude towards Irish club football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    He doesn't have a problem with the players or managers, its the background stuff that he hates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harry crumb View Post
    He doesn't have a problem with the players or managers, its the background stuff that he hates.
    He claims that all the time, yet he is always slating the players and the managers, as opposed to the background stuff (clubs boards, administration, powers that be, apart from the FAI)

The fact is himself and Giles thought the league would roll over and die because they were in it. 'People just did see what they were trying to do'

They didn't realise that every other club were trying to do the same with a fraction of their clout and resources.

Thats said, if they guy stumps up for the shirt then i'd be fairly impressed and it would go some way to changing my attitude of him, but the jury is out until he does stump up. He'll lose alot of face if he doesn't though.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i was at that night in the tower hotel last friday and dunphy said he would honour his bid of 10 grand for the shirt as he knew the club needed the money, he also waived his 3,500 apperance fee as did ray houghton, john delaney mucked in with 4,000 for a holiday bid aswell,
    does delaney get money fromt he fai to bid for these items? i was at a ramblers auction and he bid close on 2000 for soemthing and won. now hats off to the guy if hes spending his own money on the stuff but id say its an fai fund.
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Unlikely Mojo, I would say. It probably is out of his own pocket, but I guess he's buying goodwill.
    Fair play to all three of them.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seems the appearances of Dunphy and Houghton were sorted by Paul Cooke of the Star so there was never a fee - actually Dunphy said on the night that he didn't do after dinner stuff!

Delaney bid €3500 for tickets to the Heineken Cup Semi Final between Munster and Saracens.

And throughout the night Dunphy praised the efforts of Delaney so the great FAI love/hate relationship continues by Dunphy - it just depends who his audience might be!!

The one good thing about the night was the FAI bought 2 tables (€2k) and Delaney got the local Community Development Officer to invite the managers and coaches of the four Waterford Youth teams that won Munster titles the previous weekend rather than filling the table with suits - that is good grassroots PR!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dunphy is a follower, not a leader. His single most important talent is sniffing out a bandwagon (with the hilarious Dublin Dons being the outstanding exception) and making a virtue of changing sides.
    Bodes well for the league if he's on board. Welcome back Eamon. All is sort of forgiven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    having read the title of the Thread, I thought there was going to be some juicy info and perhaps even a Tribunal on the way!!!!

I'm very disappointed to say the least!!