Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Referees!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down Referees!!

Im beginning to get very pi**ed off with the irish referees and lines men and im really starting to believe that we should recruit referees from England because how can a league develop with the officals that we have to deal with, o'neill, mc keon and hancock just to name a few andthere is also a linesman who dissallowed a perfectly good goal for us against shels and allowed a clearly offside goal for shels all in the same match on tuesday, even the newspapers and sports tonight agreed with me. its not the first time something like this has happened and it has mainly against dublin teams that it has. this may sound paranoid but i never seen such bad refeering between 2 dublin teams or 2 country teams. I beginning to think that the FAI send out referees deliberatly to try and give an advantage to the dublin teams and get rid of the country teams.
    if you agree or disagree or have noticed this happening please do reply i myself have sent several e-mails to the FAI but for some reason never got a reply. too many times we have been the better team in games but have not got what we deserve because of the officals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Referees!!

Originally posted by drummer boy
    Im beginning to get very pi**ed off with the irish referees and lines men and im really starting to believe that we should recruit referees from England
    That would be a fairly stupid thing to do IMO, referees are never going to get everything right regardless of where they are from. I'm sure fans in England are giving out about their refs just as much.

One ref who should be got rid of is Jim O'Neill, his level of incompetence is astounding!
    Champions!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the standand of refeering in england is a lot lot higher than it is in England. When the conference games are on tele the refs are very good. and i agree i hate o'neill myself but hes not the worst.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree the refs are a disgrace
    i hate Alan Kelly and Eddie Foley they hate Cobh and its fu*king up soccer in this town.
    CRFC On Tour 2004
    Shealy for supporter of the year 2004

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by ramsie
    i hate Alan Kelly and Eddie Foley they hate Cobh and its fu*king up soccer in this town.
    they've f*cked us over too a few times this season already, so its not just ye lot!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that you never got a dodgy decision in your favour?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    You may be suprised to hear this but not all clubs get decisions going their own way,unlike the likes of bohs and shels who seem to get a lot of dodgy decisions their way.Is this a coincidence? I ****ing doubht it.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I think the big difference is that we get our dodgy free's in the middle of the park - the bigger clubs (particularly Bohs and Shels) get them in advantageous positions, be that in attack or defense...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy
    I think the big difference is that we get our dodgy free's in the middle of the park - the bigger clubs (particularly Bohs and Shels) get them in advantageous positions, be that in attack or defense...
    spot on. of course we've got dodgy decisions but they don't tend to be the crucial ones.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All I can say is Jim O'Neill, be scared be very scared

Hope he's not the ref for the Harps match tonight.
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Shelsman
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that you never got a dodgy decision in your favour?

Shelsman, do you seriously think that if it was Longford, Limerick, Cork City players (for instance) who had pushed, shoved and abused the ref the way Shels players did to O'Neill in the Cork game that they would get away with it?
    Nothing was done about that, even though it was highlighted on eircom weekly. At least 3 players should have got suspensions over that, but nothing was said or done. Heery, in particular, should have been sent off yet he did not even get a booking.
    All teams get home own decisions, but $hels in particular, Scum, Pats and Bohs seem to get far more than non-pale teams.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

Originally posted by patsh
    Shelsman, do you seriously think that if it was Longford, Limerick, Cork City players (for instance) who had pushed, shoved and abused the ref the way Shels players did to O'Neill in the Cork game that they would get away with it?
    Forgot about that myself. Its amazing that Shel$ weren't at the very least sanctioned at club level to their future conduct.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Didn't see this, but if it's true then they should be penalised accordingly. I've no time for that gobsheen Ollie Byrne and his rule bending.

Players should all be treated equally so it does sound as if they should have been dealt with severely ( this would have sent out a clear message to the rest of the league, and even amateur leagues too ).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    this may sound paranoid

the standand of refeering in england is a lot lot higher than it is in England.

I'm sure fans in England are giving out about their refs just as much.
    fans will always complain about the referee no matter where they are from.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    And ref's will always stick together and never accept any kind of criticism.... I mean they even tried to justify the appalling decisions down in Longford last week...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well on the Jim O'Neil thing i heard that he got a 1 match ban (not for the first time this season) for his performance in dalymount during the boez v cork city game where he missed a blatant penalty and then ignored / over-ruled his assistant ref who was much closer to the incident and was flagging for it.

even the bohs fans thought twas a peno
    life is random

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Shelsman
    Didn't see this, but if it's true then they should be penalised accordingly. I've no time for that gobsheen Ollie Byrne and his rule bending.

Players should all be treated equally so it does sound as if they should have been dealt with severely ( this would have sent out a clear message to the rest of the league, and even amateur leagues too ).
    Fair dues, at least 1 $hel$ fan is willing to step out from the club line on an issue.

I don't know if any one players was to blame but the hounding & pushing of the ref by several players shoudl at the very least have resulted in a disciplinary charge against Shelbourne Football Club. Worst thing now is that if other players/clubs copying the action they'll feel hard done by if repromanded.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    o'neill is a disgrace,
    i saw him threaten CT O'Brien with a yellow card if he didn't give the ball to bray after one of their defenders had cleared it for a throw (as opposed to putting it out because a player was down).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Worst thing now is that if other players/clubs copying the action they'll feel hard done by if repromanded.
    well the thing with that situation was that the referee was there and saw what happened and took the action that he felt was appropriate at the time.

whether hes right or not the league cannot say well we don't agree with you on this one and do what they like.

once the referee sees what happens the league cannot step in.

and i doubt that if any player does try anything that he'll feel hard done by if anything does happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Things go for and against teams over the course of a season and these things even themselves out. I mean why were Longford reduced to 10 men on sat nite????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast