First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What the fook...

From eleven-a-side.com

Clubs in the hunt for Holt

St Patrick’s Athletic’s out-of-favour striker, Michael Holt, has been linked with moves to as many as five eircom League clubs, although Premier Division Longford Town are regarded as favourites to sign the former Rochdale ace.

Holt has failed to nail down a place in the plans of new St Pats boss Eamon Collins this season, with Tony Bird, David Freeman, Liam George, Keith Dunne and, earlier in the season, Jimmi Lee Jones, all in front of him in the pecking order for a strike role.

Longford Town have been in discussions with the 25-year-old Englishman, and as he favours a move to another Premier Division club where he has a prospect of first-team football, the midlanders would appear to hold all the aces at this stage.

Premier Division big-boys Bohemians and Shelbourne have also been mentioned as possible destinations, but both appear to have plenty of strength in depth in attack, and Holt would do well to force his way into the starting line-up at either club.

Also, First Division duo Sligo Rovers and Dundalk have also reportedly made enquiries about the striker.

[FONT=arial][COLOR=darkred]What the fook do we need another striker for...

Lavine
    Francis
    Barrett
    Murphy
    Mulvihill

The only thing I would do with those is to shoot Francis, play Lavine in Midfield and Barrett & Mulvihill/Murphy upfront...
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Are Derry still looking for Lavine?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    lots of strikers but yet fook all goals, i don't think lavines work rate is anything near what is needed for midfield. i think barrett and someone else blood murphy and get paddy fit,
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i am told lavine is working very hard now. i seen him in town again today and he is no longer training with mervue hes now training in flancare so thats a good thing. maybe if he gets another chance he may show signs of more effort and less stubborness

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [FONT=arial][COLOR=darkred]I have to say that a fit Eric Lavine is a very usefull addition to Longford Town[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    as i said in another thread, this a time for eric to take stock , get his head together and make the no 9 shirt his !!!! beause i for one believe he the key to sucess at the club

oh yeah, vinny for Ireland !!!!!!!!
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    when lavine at his best he is one of the most hardest strikers to handle. In the star today it says that holt is almost sure to sign for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    In the star today it says mathews is looking to finalise the signing of Michael Holt and that derry are willing to put a new bid in for lavine but it won't be anywhere near the bid they put in pre-season.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

holty

could be a good signing

scored for fun in the u-21s and league cup games this season
    could do well at longford if he wants to

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Web site up dated with the latest news...For a change The web site is getting news from the Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It was in the sun today about Eric going to derry.....it mentioned him falling out with Alan Matthews and they were hoping for a swap for ciaran martyn.....Dont think Eric wil argue bout goin...id say his bags r packed
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by Maz
    It was in the sun today about Eric going to derry.....it mentioned him falling out with Alan Matthews and they were hoping for a swap for ciaran martyn.....Dont think Eric wil argue bout goin...id say his bags r packed
    Martyn would be more of an addition than Lavine in his current frame of mind.....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.