Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Premier League 2008

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Mayo Premier League 2008

any word on when the leagues are starting this year?

In the heights of elation since 7.18pm 14/11/10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    any word on when the leagues are starting this year?
    league proposed to start on 30th March. Starts with 5 rounds of league matches and then the divisional cups

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It should be a hard fought league this season, with Westport, Glenhest, S&F and Fahy (If they find some consistency) in the mix.

I fancy S&F to go up, they were unlucky with their injuries, with their full squad they will be the team to beat.

If someone could coach PF and stop him running around like a headless chicken during games wasting his talent, they would have a great goalscorer. He needs to read the game more time his runs and work on his finishing.
    Dont always say what you know, but always know what you say.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveller View Post
    It should be a hard fought league this season, with Westport, Glenhest, S&F and Fahy (If they find some consistency) in the mix.

I fancy S&F to go up, they were unlucky with their injuries, with their full squad they will be the team to beat.

If someone could coach PF and stop him running around like a headless chicken during games wasting his talent, they would have a great goalscorer. He needs to read the game more time his runs and work on his finishing.
    Dont rule out Celtic B, new management in place(TBC) and will have access to the U-20 & U-18 players this season. Still cant see past S&F should win title at a canter. The SL needs a strong S&F.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Closing Time View Post
    Dont rule out Celtic B, new management in place(TBC) and will have access to the U-20 & U-18 players this season. Still cant see past S&F should win title at a canter. The SL needs a strong S&F.
    ya, celtic B were very disappointing last season, but from what i heard they did have a very small squad last year. who is the new management ?? b redmond step down ??
    Last edited by the grape vine; 01/02/2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the grape vine View Post
    ya, celtic B were very disappointing last season, but from what i heard they did have a very big squad last year. who is the new management ?? b redmond step down ??
    Barry stepped down but still playing. Nothing confirmed but alot of talk. You know yourself.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveller View Post

Would have to agree, S&F have seem to have got things back on track, strong finish to the league last year and not doing so bad in the con. cup, but they need a fully fit squad and need to hold on to there main players. sayin all that you would have to see them taken the league this year.
    but i can see the league been a tough one, celtic B and westport always strong.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i see Mick Kilcourse and Kevin Ruane are the new celtic'B' management team !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

these are a good combo,and will do well if they get the players they should
    Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    I will 2nd that there lad, strange appointment as from what I understand there was a management team assembled, trainer, new players organised, but this was overruled by the commitee, which has not impressed a number of B team players who have "history" with the new management but thats for them to sort out.

From what I saw at the C team matches last year that they can get a bit excited , put in big training sessions and like the phyiscal side of training

I also heard that a number of potentially new signings have withdrawn their decision to join the B team due to the removal of the initial managment team. Could cause unrest, could it cause players to jump ship, I doubt it but then again who knows.
    I suspect that a good number of last years B team players will be dropped in favour of U21/U18 reserves / new blood, the C team could be stronger due to this.

Any word on who is in charge of the C team?
    Last edited by irishyop; 06/02/2008 at 4:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishyop View Post
    I will 2nd that there lad, strange appointment as from what I understand there was a management team assembled, trainer, new players organised, but this was overruled by the commitee, which has not impressed a number of B team players who have "history" with the new management but thats for them to sort out.

From what I saw at the C team matches last year that they can get a bit excited , put in big training sessions and like the phyiscal side of training

I also heard that a number of potentially new signings have withdrawn their decision to join the B team due to the removal of the initial managment team. Could cause unrest, could it cause players to jump ship, I doubt it but then again who knows.
    I suspect that a good number of last years B team players will be dropped in favour of U21/U18 reserves / new blood, the C team could be stronger due to this.

word is noel c and a o brian.

which has not impressed a number of B team players who have "history" with the new management but thats for them to sort out.time for most of them to move down anyway,the ones that are good enough will stay.
    Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait til you see, the B team will be under pressure to survive because the U-20 team will take all the good young players and the rest will go to the first team in the Super League. God only knows where this leaves the C team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner1 View Post

[B]time for most of them to move down anyway,the ones that are good enough will stay.
    A O Brien I would be suprised, Noel I did not even know was interested but why not!

Most of them, based on your obvious knowledge of the B team, give me some positions of last years B team that you think have to move down, name I am sure is a good thing, but thats up to you.

Swift the same thing is gonna happen as last year with the B team, barely scraping a team together some days due to the pre season promise of U18/U21/reserve A squad.
    This in turn will fall down to the C team who had players needing to float and play 2 matches a day in order for the teams to field 11 players.

But the idea of swapping and and out players (aka Rafatation) at will as you know totally unsettles a team, I know that last year that maybe twice in the whole campaign was the same back 5 playing together, like a merry go round, expect the same again this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner1 View Post

which has not impressed a number of B team players who have "history" with the new management but thats for them to sort out.time for most of them to move down anyway,the ones that are good enough will stay.
    so is a o'brien not playing with the b team this year?still a very decent player if he decides not to hang up his boots just yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggs View Post
    so is a o'brien not playing with the b team this year?still a very decent player if he decides not to hang up his boots just yet.
    As far as I know he fully intended in togging out but what I heard from a good source that he was paid a visit last nite with the offer (inc euros) to manager a Mayo League team. That could be a serious loss to Celtic.

Dont be surpised if he is not the last to move club after the new appointments.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Irishyop by your post you do not understand how a club is run? The committee went to Kevin & Mick and asked them would they manage the B team after Barry stepped down. They were not approached by anyone advising that they were interested in the job. In the past the committee has been accused that they have not shown enough interest in the B & C teams and now when they have appointed a good management team IMO certain people are not happy (its always the case at this club). As far as the committee were concerned no other management team were in place. I know the club would have no problem with AOB as the A, B or C team manager, but in this case the appointment was made. AOB is a Celtic legend and I wish we had more like him. You could see that the B team missed him last year and hopefully he will be back to his best this season with the B team. I would hate to see him leave the club over this miss understanding. As for B team players having a history with this management team and for all my knowledge of the club I just cant think of any. Maybe they were C team players that moved up to the B team last year. This management will be fair and strict and will have their team fit. Their knowledge of the game is second to none and Kevin was some player and is still consider by many as the best prospect ever produced by the club but that’s another debate. I am too young to remember him playing.

As for your point of the management team getting excited IMO what is the point managing a team if you don’t show passion? I do not know what type of training you want if running is not allowed. How do you propose the B & C team get fit at the Bar counter. Come on if your not fit you do not enjoy the game and are letting your team down.

If the new players I know you are talking about were coming back to the club, they are at best C team players and that’s when there are fit. Maybe they will prove me wrong and I hope they do. The club has enough players coming through the youths not to need to sign a B team quality player. If they are serious about their football it shouldn’t matter who manages them. As an adult I can’t remember ever liking my managers and that’s the way I liked it (odd maybe). I have no problem with lads coming to the club but they should have to compete with what is at the club at present. As for the youths taking the places of lads who have played for the B team over a number of years that’s life. They did the same when they came through. Let them fight for their place or try out for the C team. I know that the B team manager were not given a fair shake when they were looking for players last season and I hope this is put right. I would love if an individual would be given the task this season to coordinate between the A, B, C, U-18 A & B, U-17 & U-16 managers so that the each team gets the best players available at the time. Easier said that done. Lets give the lads a chance.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As far as I know he fully intended in togging out but what I heard from a good source that he was paid a visit last nite with the offer (inc euros) to manager a Mayo League team. That could be a serious loss to Celtic.

Dont be surpised if he is not the last to move club after the new appointments.
    If players decide that want to move so be it. Players should not dictate who runs a team. If they want to have a say there is plenty of room at the committee table. I would hate to see AOB leave the club and I would be surprised & disappointed to see him go, Celtic through and through. As JFK said ‘It’s not what your club can do for you but what you can do for your club’ AOB has a lot to offer on and off the pitch and I would be disappointed not to see him at center back with the B team this season. Don’t go.
    Irishyop are you leaving?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Irishyop by your post you do not understand how a club is run? The committee went to Kevin & Mick and asked them would they manage the B team after Barry stepped down. They were not approached by anyone advising that they were interested in the job. In the past the committee has been accused that they have not shown enough interest in the B & C teams and now when they have appointed a good management team IMO certain people are not happy (its always the case at this club). As far as the committee were concerned no other management team were in place. I know the club would have no problem with AOB as the A, B or C team manager, but in this case the appointment was made. AOB is a Celtic legend and I wish we had more like him. You could see that the B team missed him last year and hopefully he will be back to his best this season with the B team. I would hate to see him leave the club over this miss understanding. As for B team players having a history with this management team and for all my knowledge of the club I just cant think of any. Maybe they were C team players that moved up to the B team last year. This management will be fair and strict and will have their team fit. Their knowledge of the game is second to none and Kevin was some player and is still consider by many as the best prospect ever produced by the club but that’s another debate. I am too young to remember him playing.
    As for your point of the management team getting excited IMO what is the point managing a team if you don’t show passion? I do not know what type of training you want if running is not allowed. How do you propose the B & C team get fit at the Bar counter. Come on if your not fit you do not enjoy the game and are letting your team down.
    If the new players I know you are talking about were coming back to the club, they are at best C team players and that’s when there are fit. Maybe they will prove me wrong and I hope they do. The club has enough players coming through the youths not to need to sign a B team quality player. If they are serious about their football it shouldn’t matter who manages them. As an adult I can’t remember ever liking my managers and that’s the way I liked it (odd maybe). I have no problem with lads coming to the club but they should have to compete with what is at the club at present. As for the youths taking the places of lads who have played for the B team over a number of years that’s life. They did the same when they came through. Let them fight for their place or try out for the C team. I know that the B team manager were not given a fair shake when they were looking for players last season and I hope this is put right. I would love if an individual would be given the task this season to coordinate between the A, B, C, U-18 A & B, U-17 & U-16 managers so that the each team gets the best players available at the time. Easier said that done. Lets give the lads a chance.
    CT, I am not going to get into a Castlebar Celtic debate on here as this is wider forum than a Celtic one, but to take up you up on a few points there. On the point of knowing how a club is run, that irrelevant in this case.
    These are the facts, the committee was informed that a management team was available to take charge of the B team as no manager had been appointed and the pre season was approaching, B team players were contacted to check their availability, some were encouraged out of retirement, a few players were asked of their availability and friendlies were organized.
    The current B team management was contacted to “clear the air” and they agreed that the lads should take the job and that Kevin & Mick would continue their stint with the C team. So everything was sorted or so it seemed.
    Then the announcement was made by the committee that a new team organized by them and ignoring the request from the lads, this is what has caused the “mis-understanding”.
    As for the training, no one had an issue with this last season what so ever, its great that the lads fulfilled almost 100% of training sessions. As for getting excited at matches, I use that word as a light description of what actually happened, if you were at the matches you would understand what I mean. Fitness training is a vital part of a teams success, this fitness can be achieved in the first 8 weeks of pre season and built on with running with a ball or drills, if you have been involved with coaches who use this theory you will know what I mean.
    On the issue with the youths, again I totally agree with the natural progression of the underage players, but bringing players into a squad for the odd match to see what they are light unbalances teams and takes away the consistency, teams who continuously chop and change don’t have success.
    On the AOB issue, chances are he will stay hopefully as the club need him, but the word is out there throughout the Mayo league that this mis-understanding has taken place, his quality and professionalism speaks for itself, he will be and is a wanted man, except by the club he has given his football career to.
    As I said I am not going to start a too and fro on “I know, you know”. Just stating the facts that I know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Irishyop are you leaving?
    Was I ever really there LOL

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast