Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Keane on Late Late Show Tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Can I just say one thing, would people stop getting angry at Keane for playing badly? The one relevant thing he did say tonight was "I don't miss chances for a laugh". One thing Stan and Robbie have in common is the majority of fans think they should be dropped/sacked. Why is it that so many people are angry at Keane though? there's very little anger towards Stan and rightly so.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    I think Robbie said what a lot of other people are already thinking. The current setup is a mess and he didn't really get into that but he's not defending their performances.

However, I do agree with him that the media has deteriorated in this country over the last few years (see today's Indo or Herald for example). The criticism has become personalised and abusive rather than analytical. It is reminiscent of the Sun or the Mirror hounding Robson, Taylor, Hoddle et al. I always thought we were better than that.

Staunton isn't doing the job, Robbie isn't playing as well as he can but they are not setting out to underachieve. They don't deserve the level of abuse they have received in recent weeks..... nobody does (other than serial killers, sex offenders and politicians)
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Well done RTE putting his interview on the same time as the game that decided the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Late Late CRINGE FEST

Much like his onfield performances, Robbie wasted his time shooting blanks.Captain fantastic? inspirational leader? DOH!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    anyone hava link?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Can I just say one thing, would people stop getting angry at Keane for playing badly?
    Oh bless his little cottons.

Meanwhile I'm off to pay (part of) my credit card bill that arrived today with all the expenses incurred travelling through four countries last month to watch Robbie play badly. Oh bless him.

And tomorrow morning I'll be down the park watching 8yos falling on the ground then jumping up waving their arms imitating their hero. Now what was it Robbie said tonight about the young players ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greendeiseboy View Post
    only caught the last five minutes........ but my god what a spin doctor..... obviously well groomed by the muppets...... kenny is a f*cking lickar*e....

ROBBIE LISTEN TO THIS WE THE FANS NOT THE MEDIA OK NOT THE MEDIA WANT CHANGE WE WANT STAN OUT AND I'D SAY AFTER YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSE RIDDEN PERFORMANCE TONIGHT YOU AS WELL
    If there is one pr!ck that should be dropped to the bench it's that limp useless waster John O'Shea. Robbie's problem is that he is TOO concerned about scoring fro Ireland and can't play his natural loose football.

He was wrong about media pressure, I thing this time it was the dog wagging it's tail and not visa versa, i.e. the media were asking for Stan to go long after the supporters were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stojkovic View Post
    Oh bless his little cottons.

Meanwhile I'm off to pay (part of) my credit card bill that arrived today with all the expenses incurred travelling through four countries last month to watch Robbie play badly. Oh bless him.
    I just don't get it. Are you angry with Stan too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Media influencing the whole match going public?

Dont think so Robbie.

Players slated in the run up to games?

Again, sorry, whatever about after games but not in the run up.

2 facts - Stan should go and Robbie should be dropped for a game or two no more no less.

The booing was the crowds only way of letting the muppets know the score as no one is privilged with private audiences in Merrion Sq.

If he's the football fan he makes out, he should understand that 2 more years of this drivel is unacceptable.
    Mon the Yoots!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    What a load of Sh1t that interview was. I would have sent him packing to Connemara like the other lot that were on! The main thing that struck me was that he kept going on about younger players being intimidated. YOU'RE the captain Robbie, why don't you protect them. Roy Keane didn't go on Parkinson and tell him Vieira was intimidating Gary Neville in the tunnel, he got stuck into Vieira himself. Why didn't Robbie Keane take the flak and do a few proper no holds barred interviews? Who's this young player who doesn't like coming over? Can't imagine it being Doyle, Long, McShane or Hunt.
    'And Crouch must score'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    Well done RTE putting his interview on the same time as the game that decided the league.
    Just what I was thinking Gus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro View Post
    ... Who's this young player who doesn't like coming over? Can't imagine it being Doyle, Long, McShane or Hunt.
    McGeady?
    Mon the Yoots!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    if robbie had of done his job and scored goals he would not have needed to come on the show. Surely the manager must take the pressure off the players and have belief in them.pointless interview.
    Saint Patricks Athletic Fans Team. Eircom League Supporters Cup Champions 2006. P3 W2 D1 L0 F3 A0. Thats why we're champions, Thats why we're champions, Thats why.............

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thumbs down

That interview was a farce.

Firstly, I was shocked that RTE would put such a big soccer piece on the Late Late at the same time the League's decider was being played out.

As for the actual interview. Not once was Robbie asked: Why are Ireland playing so bad?

Instead he was given free-reign over the direction of the interview, with Kenny either agreeing with him or changing the topic. Kenny failed to ask one question of any consequence or press Robbie on any issue; what a wasted opportunity for him and his show.

Robbie went down in my books tonight. It's nothing to do with his on-pitch performances. Rather, it's the fact he seems to think that we should sit down and enjoy the tripe we have endured for the past year and a half, without the fans or media calling performances or management into question.

If the Irish soccer team think we are all being too harsh on them, perhaps they should up the ante and actually play well. God forbid they were born in the likes of England, Germany, France, Italy or Spain; or even Eastern European countries - where the sort of rubbish they have called football over the past few months would lead to far more than some ****ed off columnists and booing.

I think this is a defining moment for Irish international soccer. Do we sit back and accept what is going on, just like we have accepted non-qualification and a lack of direction for years; or do we actually decide to actually do things properly.

Mind you, my view remains the same that we can never truly compete on an international stage and progress far without a stronger, better run domestic game with better fan and investor support.

Not that Keane is arsed about that. He just wants the angry journalists to give him and the Gaffer a break. Extremely short-sighted.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    ah thats where all the pride and passion he never showed on the field for ireland for the last 4 years has gone - he was saving it up for an apperance on the late late.

sorry robbie - wrong time , wrong place

too little too late

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro View Post
    What a load of Sh1t that interview was. I would have sent him packing to Connemara like the other lot that were on! The main thing that struck me was that he kept going on about younger players being intimidated. YOU'RE the captain Robbie, why don't you protect them. Roy Keane didn't go on Parkinson and tell him Vieira was intimidating Gary Neville in the tunnel, he got stuck into Vieira himself. Why didn't Robbie Keane take the flak and do a few proper no holds barred interviews? Who's this young player who doesn't like coming over? Can't imagine it being Doyle, Long, McShane or Hunt.
    i would say the young player was jonathan douglas - all the sh*t he got over his selection

OR

ROBBIE COULD BE TALKING ABSOLUTE BOLL*X - MMMMM I WONDER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by EastTerracer View Post
    I think Robbie said what a lot of other people are already thinking. The current setup is a mess and he didn't really get into that but he's not defending their performances.

However, I do agree with him that the media has deteriorated in this country over the last few years (see today's Indo or Herald for example). The criticism has become personalised and abusive rather than analytical. It is reminiscent of the Sun or the Mirror hounding Robson, Taylor, Hoddle et al. I always thought we were better than that.

Staunton isn't doing the job, Robbie isn't playing as well as he can but they are not setting out to underachieve. They don't deserve the level of abuse they have received in recent weeks..... nobody does (other than serial killers, sex offenders and politicians)
    The media are a disgrace in this country, but in this case they're feeding off the fact that the supporters are angry and are coming out with lurid headlines to try and sell papers.

The supporters are angry Robbie> They see a shambolic set up. They see players who don't seem to be committed and sadly, you are one of those. I watched you last Sturday and you looked disintersted, standing still, slow to react. Your glaring miss was indicitive of your performance. You weren't tuned in. Why? Only you can answer that. Stan was a great palyer for Ireland. Your defence of him was admirable but he should never have been appointed to the job. John Delaney wanted someone who he could manipulate and poor Stan is now sacrificed on the altar of expediency to protect Delaney.You would be beter off challenging the Chief Executive over his performance last night after all his promises than blaming the media. They'll write anything, based on the mood of the people, to sell papers
    "Look at them. They're all out of step except my son Johnny"
    Mrs. Delaney

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Robbie, no one on here has a personal vendetta against stan - but we all have one thing in common and that's our love for the team. But we are sick of the lies, the excuses, the hoodwinking - we just want to see honesty on the pitch and off it

Steve Stauntons legacy as a player is and will always be legendary - any of us lucky to be at the italia 90 quarter final will remeber how he was the last player to leave the pitch as the team did the lap of honour, how he clutched with pride the tricolour

But his legacy as a manager will be something else - we know he was the wrong choice - but he also must have known it - but when all this is over i hope that he will still is revered for what he did as player and that people will see that this was an error of judgement on his part

Another point is how many young kids these days do we see wearing the jersey - very few - i have a nine year old son mad into football loves celtic - but has absolutely no interest in the national team and this seems to be a trend amonst his generation - i've taken him to games but thinks they're sh*ite

Also last wednesday there were 15 thousand who didnt show up- ok the FAI wont be to concerned they got their money - bur what happens when this is repeated when we move back to the new 45k capacity stadium and if the current situation is not resolved fast it will be catastrophic

In my opinion this situation has set us back at least 5 years in term of credibility and team building
    I have a head only Snow White would love

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greendeiseboy View Post
    Robbie, no one on here has a personal vendetta against stan - but we all have one thing in common and that's our love for the team. But we are sick of the lies, the excuses, the hoodwinking - we just want to see honesty on the pitch and off it

Steve Stauntons legacy as a player is and will always be legendary - any of us lucky to be at the italia 90 quarter final will remeber how he was the last player to leave the pitch as the team did the lap of honour, how he clutched with pride the tricolour

But his legacy as a manager will be something else - we know he was the wrong choice - but he also must have known it - but when all this is over i hope that he will still is revered for what he did as player and that people will see that this was an error of judgement on his part

Another point is how many young kids these days do we see wearing the jersey - very few - i have a nine year old son mad into football loves celtic - but has absolutely no interest in the national team and this seems to be a trend amonst his generation - i've taken him to games but thinks they're sh*ite

Also last wednesday there were 15 thousand who didnt show up- ok the FAI wont be to concerned they got their money - bur what happens when this is repeated when we move back to the new 45k capacity stadium and if the current situation is not resolved fast it will be catastrophic

In my opinion this situation has set us back at least 5 years in term of credibility and team building
    5 years? I'd like to be where we were five years ago right now.
    Gimme dat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Didn`t manage to get it all..

Last edited by pete; 20/10/2007 at 6:18 PM. Reason: youtube links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast