Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Bohs Care to Comment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Think the point he was making is that Bohs fans are all too quick to post when their fans are abused (either physically or verbally) and last time out they made some unsubstantiated claims (still waiting for that vid BTW)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Savic View Post
    With your comments here and comments on another forum, I take it as an insult to Shamrock Rovers. You would not be welcome at Tolka when we play Cork City. I will do my best to ensure that you are not allowed gain entry. Your crime? You are not a football fan and anyone using insulting behaviour ( as you have done here and elsewhere ) is not welcome.
    In the meantime, you could, of course, apologise to the seriously injured and innocent young man who nearly lost an eye last night. He can hardly be blamed for any or all of the bad behaviour of Rovers fans as depicted in the Herag.
    He's probably the same guy who laughed when a Rovers fan got glassed in the face and nearly lost an eye in a pub near turners x in January 2003.

As I pointed out here previously bohs have the biggest scum element in Irish football. Maybe fans of other clubs will realise this if they are unfortunate enough to be on a bus from tolka some night.

KOH

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    With your comments here and comments on another forum, I take it as an insult to Shamrock Rovers. You would not be welcome at Tolka when we play Cork City. I will do my best to ensure that you are not allowed gain entry. Your crime? You are not a football fan and anyone using insulting behaviour ( as you have done here and elsewhere ) is not welcome.
    In the meantime, you could, of course, apologise to the seriously injured and innocent young man who nearly lost an eye last night. He can hardly be blamed for any or all of the bad behaviour of Rovers fans as depicted in the Herag.

Pick your fights with the fans causing this ruckus, not some wum

Rovers fans haven't been welcome in Cork for years yet we have no problem letting you in. I'll be looking for you with your "Pablo" sign outside Tolka the next time we meet. Good luck with that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post

Complete disgrace but I dont see what asking Bohs lads to comment can produce. It happened nowhere near Dalymount, they can hardly tag all their fans. This is a Garda matter not a bohs one
    It happened (and happens) 2 minutes from Dalymount. I live around there but thanks for the geography lesson. Bohs are well aware of who these people are - a few minutes on Bebo will enlighten anyone in doubt.

As Dodge said, I asked for Bohs fans comments as they are never shy in coming on here with spurious claims about Rovers fans.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Think the point he was making is that Bohs fans are all too quick to post when their fans are abused (either physically or verbally) and last time out they made some unsubstantiated claims (still waiting for that vid BTW)
    I get that but I think a distinction has to be acknowledged between things that happen at games, in the grounds and directly outside and stuff that happens with some idiots wearing bohs gear.

Works both ways of course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I get that but I think a distinction has to be acknowledged between things that happen at games, in the grounds and directly outside and stuff that happens with some idiots wearing bohs gear.

Works both ways of course
    I'm not really sure there is. People were attacked because of who they support, and innocent people got hurt.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Id love to see that. Theres this lad on the forum Pablo...if you see him dont leave him in...

Yeah cos its Pablo's fault

Complete disgrace but I dont see what asking Bohs lads to comment can produce. It happened nowhere near Dalymount, they can hardly tag all their fans. This is a Garda matter not a bohs one
    I've plenty of friends in Cork. If I want to find out who Pablo is, I'll find out.
    Of course I'm not blaming Pablo for the incident. I'm blaming him for insulting the innocent injured young lad.
    I agree with you about not blaming Bohs. I'm sure if arrests are made at some stage that Bohs will deal with it if it has anything to do with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    It happened (and happens) 2 minutes from Dalymount. I live around there but thanks for the geography lesson. Bohs are well aware of who these people are - a few minutes on Bebo will enlighten anyone in doubt.

As Dodge said, I asked for Bohs fans comments as they are never shy in coming on here with spurious claims about Rovers fans.

KOH
    Fair enough. Didnt realise it was close to Dalymount but even if Bohs know who they are I dont see what jurisdiction they have outside Dalymount. I hope the scum are banned but it doesnt sound like that would be enough to deter the toe-rags from this.

I just think its a matter for the Gardai.

Again I think it works both ways...Rovers cant do much but ban any known scumbags either.

i just hope both clubs are doing this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    What exactly do people expect to be posted on here?

Its a given any reasonable person abhors this kind of stuff, whoever is responsible. Its sickening to be quite honest.

However, the one-sided, tit-for-tat, they started it-ism displayed by both sides over the years on here, and on their own message boards is absolutely, positively, tiresome and reminds me of the old DUP-SF exchanges in the North where it was always the other sides fault.

I'm no more pro-Bohs as I am anti-Rovers, (I enjoy matches against both sides), but surely the response the Rovers fans should expect is that "its an issue of inadequate policing" as this is the response thats thrown back by a lot of Hoops every time they are involved in trouble.

So unless the point of the thread was to inform people of what happened, it serves no point until the usual people take their blinkers off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I've plenty of friends in Cork. If I want to find out who Pablo is, I'll find out.
    Ah come off it. Youve a few friends in Cork and because of this youl be able to pick out one of 2500 regular city fans and stop him from getting into tolka.

Ffs security have enough trouble stopping their own clubs scumbags never mind saying stopping some lad who said something you dont agree with on a forum

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of course I'm not blaming Pablo for the incident. I'm blaming him for insulting the innocent injured young lad.
    I agree with you about not blaming Bohs. I'm sure if arrests are made at some stage that Bohs will deal with it if it has anything to do with them.

Where did he insult him? He took the **** out of the ironic fact that it is Rovers fans acting like wounded refugees. What happened was completely out of order but his intentions was basically, what goes around comes around. Take that as you want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pablo is one of the lads from the Cork forum who was posting repeatedly saying that Rovers were going down to Cork with Hammarby fans to cause trouble without knowing any of the facts or what Rovers fans were travelling. When nothing happened (as was predicted by reasonable posters) he just disappears from the thread leaving behind all his incorrect accusations.

The problem with the BSC should be dealt with by the Gardai but they just don't give a **** until someone gets really badly injured or killed. Their reaction will be to have an extra 500 cops inside the ground getting overtime for the next game between us which is completely pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quite honestly I don't care what Bohs fans think. Bohs fans on their knees apologising (although if you wouldn't mind anyway lads ) isn't going to stop this. This is too serious, it isn't a random scrap between like minded bebo fools after a match between two teams.

This is now a regular threat to any random fan passing by and for whom it's their unlucky night by groups. It could be me next week, it could be anyone. Get the wrong bus, get off at the wrong stop at the wrong time and you might be next.

As for the buses, Dublin Bus would be well within their rights not to risk one of their buses if this continues much more and so Rovers fans, third party opposition fans and normal commuters will be stranded. All spawned by letting Bebo out of control and "we'll slice those Rovers scum next time".

Somebody needs to phone Joe Duffy..
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I'm not really sure there is. People were attacked because of who they support, and innocent people got hurt.
    But the clubs can only really do something about it in one situation. I agree with your basic point but clubs cannot be responsible for the actions of their 'fans' outside of the ground...possibly with the exceptions of at away grounds.

If it happens in the ground then the clubs can call the gardai etc. if outside they can only try to identify who it was and ban them.

I hope they do this but Rovers have put forward the same argument plenty of times.

Its up to the Gardai. Who by the looks of it would wanna sort something soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Its all well and good saying its a public order issue for the guards (which fundamentally it is) but in England and elsewhere the clubs get charged for any additional policing required outside the ground at known flashpoints (as well as inside the ground).

There's no way EL clubs can afford to pay for 40 guards on double time every few weeks to patrol large areas around grounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What do you want me to say WAR? You think any of the Bohs fans who post here approve of this, even covertly? more to the point, do you think anything we say is going to have any effect on the section of our 'support' who go in for this sort of sh**e?
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls
    It happened nowhere near Dalymount, they can hardly tag all their fans. This is a Garda matter not a bohs one
    It happened less than 2 miles from their ground, not exactly as far as the Ring of Kerry.

Last night it was UCD, next week it will be Pats, later it will be another team that gets caught up in this mess, and someone is going to get seriously injured, because some gypo wants "something to do". Guess who'll get the blame??
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan View Post
    What do you want me to say WAR? You think any of the Bohs fans who post here approve of this, even covertly? more to the point, do you think anything we say is going to have any effect on the section of our 'support' who go in for this sort of sh**e?
    Exactly, what do you want us to say about it exactly? If it was the other way around and we ask Rovers fans to comment then what would you post in response?

Also, please dont call these people Bohs "fans".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan View Post
    I was thinking more of the likes of Philo and Bohs Partisan and others who are always ready to throw around rubbish about Rovers fans. Unlike the made-up racism allegations of a few weeks ago this is actual violence visited on innocent Rovers fans and ordinary members of the public.

We all know that these little toerags aren't wanted by the vast majority of Bohs fans but the deafening silence on your MB stands in stark contrast to the hysteria on here and ccfc forum (for example) about Rovers. Good old-fashioned double standards.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post

KOH
    Bohs are well aware who these people are and a lot are barred from Dalymount but as has been said no Bohs fans on here will associate themselves with them. For them to go and do that just because were not playing is quite sad really and to get away with it so much is a seriouys fu*k up by the gaurds.

As a club what can Bohs do if a gang get together on a non match night to do this? Not much considering a lot are already barred. The Gaurds need to cop on sort it out when its happening on a main street.

All the best to the lad in hospital.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast