Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premiership relegation battle

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    you can sh1te on all you want - you said they were basically relegated when they hired sanchez and i said they were not. they are 3 points ahead of the 3rd from bottom team and have 4 games remaining. he has already had a game in charge so therefore he will have had 5 games.
    I'll dumb it down for you. Coleman managed 33 games, Sanchez managed 5. If/when they will be relegated it's clearly going to be down to the games that Coleman was in charge for.

oh and how do you figure the most they can expect is a point off middlesborough? middlesborough are sh1te also with nothing to play for bar the outside chance they may too get relegated.
    Because Fulham are even worse.

There's absolutely no chance of Middlesbrough being relegated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    I'll dumb it down for you. Coleman managed 33 games, Sanchez managed 5. If/when they will be relegated it's clearly going to be down to the games that Coleman was in charge for.
    i'll dumb it down for you

Don't know what Sanchez is thinking taking over a club that's going to be relegated.
    fulham are in a much better situation than watford, wesh ham, sheffield united and charlton. you are saying that they ARE going to be relegated as if it is a definate scenario. it will take a bad run by them to go down and at least 2 clubs beneath them to have a series of good results.
    the key here is you say they are going down as if it is fact.

Unfortunately he has taken over after Coleman has already basically relegated them .
    oh wait, a slight softening of tone here as they are only basically relegated and not relegated like you insisted earlier. less i digress, their points per game ratio under coleman this season was 1.06 (33 played and 35 points on the board), going at this rate then they would have been expected to amass 40.3 (lets round it down) or say 40 pts for the season. now if snachez fails to amass 5 points during his tenure then he has done worse than coleman and the blame cannot be totally be attributed to coleman.

anyway back to the dumbing down:
    you would need to take €6 from your piggy bank and give it to a bookie to win €1 on a bet that they will stay up - in other words the general concensus (bookies odds usually take all factors into consideration and they are generally not known for giving away money) is that Fulham will be a premiership team next season - despite your protestation that the are already relegated.

alternatively if you still feel that they ARE relegated then take € 3 from your piggy bank and give it to the bookie and if, like you say, that indeed they ARE (already?) relegated, then the bookie will have to give you back your € 3 (to return to your piggy bank) and give you a further €10 to spend on sweets and things.

FACT - Fulham are not relegated
    FACT - There are 4 candidates who are more likely to face relegation than Fulham
    FACT - only 3 teams get relegated
    FACT - The teams with the least points finish at the bottom.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts
    Another nail in the coffin for West Ham last night and their goal difference is very poor.

Down to Fulham, Wigan, the Oinks and Charlton.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Can I ask why so many people, OwlsFan being an obvious exception, detest Sheffield United?
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Poor Student maybe this and the past few post should be moved to the relegation thread in world football?

Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    fulham are in a much better situation than watford, wesh ham, sheffield united and charlton.
    Anyone can see that West Ham and Watford are down so they're not relevant.

3 points isn't a much better situation- only takes 90 minutes for Fulham to be in the relegation zone (can't happen this weekend though as Charlton are playing Sheffield Utd).

you are saying that they ARE going to be relegated as if it is a definate scenario. it will take a bad run by them to go down and at least 2 clubs beneath them to have a series of good results.
    In case you haven't noticed Fulham have to play teams much better than them, bar Middlesbrough- but they are still better than them and will have home advantage against them (Fulham have 9/51 points away from home). Highly unlikely that they will get any points at all.

Charlton and Sheffield Utd will only have to win 1/4 games each to finish ahead of Fulham- and will almost definitely happen given their run-in.

their points per game ratio under coleman this season was 1.06 (33 played and 35 points on the board), going at this rate then they would have been expected to amass 40.3 (lets round it down) or say 40 pts for the season. now if snachez fails to amass 5 points during his tenure then he has done worse than coleman and the blame cannot be totally be attributed to coleman.
    It's a very close call whether or not that is stupider than your claim that a 3 point gap and a harder run of fixtures is "much better".

1)It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that someone could have more influence with 5 games than someone with 33.

2)Big deal if Fulham 1.06 points per game with Coleman- they were different games to the upcoming ones so you can't compare them in the way you have done.

3)Do you think Coleman would have done better than Sanchez in the upcoming games?

4)So not getting 5 points from games where you're massive underdogs is worse than dropping points against the likes of Watford, Wigan etc.?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    Can I ask why so many people, OwlsFan being an obvious exception, detest Sheffield United?
    Vile, filthy little club

Don't ever try to play football

Their manager's a cnut

Keith Gillespie

Sean Bean

Fans always struck me as being of the troglodyte variety

Need I go on..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    A lot of what LtiD said, but I'll add in that their fans are the most detestable pieces of garbage you're likely to come across south of Scotland, they bought their way into the Premiership (something which Warnock never mentions), and their one bit of one-up-manship on the mighty Owls is that we were mismanaged in the late 90s and have found ourselves somehow below their pathetic small time club for the last bit. Still class will out pretty shortly I'd imagine (and hope)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I want Sheff Utd to stay up for the Quinn brothers...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Am I the only one hear who loves Warnock?
    "No regrets, none at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That's my only regret. But no, no regrets." -Mick McCarthy

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Bye bye to Watford & West Ham as Man Utd away on last day & even winning other 3 games just gets to 38 (good riddance).

Charlton v Sheffield United the big one now.

- If Watford fail to win on saturday they relegated.
    - Win for Charlton would mean real dog fight as could be 1 point between 4 teams.
    - If Sheffield Utd win then well on way to staying up as 5 points ahead of Charlton

I still think Charlton will survive & could be Fulham down.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danonion View Post
    Am I the only one hear who loves Warnock?
    Probably not.
    But unless you're a Blades fan (although some of them hate him), I honestly think you'll learn to hate them if you watch him and SUFC for a while.
    He's a knacker.
    Basically, just read about him.

His wikipedia page might be a good start.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Wikipedia is two easy to slant, being that its edited by anyone and everyone. I just find him refreshing compared to all the other managers who constantly use the same line of bull**** as each other. Warnock bull****s a lot too, but its original and funny.
    "No regrets, none at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That's my only regret. But no, no regrets." -Mick McCarthy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danonion View Post
    Wikipedia is two easy to slant, being that its edited by anyone and everyone. I just find him refreshing compared to all the other managers who constantly use the same line of bull**** as each other. Warnock bull****s a lot too, but its original and funny.
    What's original and funny about him having a go at the ref at the end of every game he loses? All other managers do it as well only he does it x2.

The man's a buffoon.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post

Neither was playing last weekend, with Alan on the subs' bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Don't get me started on that shower.....

Anyone think it was great of Warnock to moan about teams playing weakened sides a month or so ago, even though the match had no relevence to their clubs, and then for Warnock to put out a weakened side at Old Trafford, saving some of his 'quality' (ahem) players for the Charlton game???

No didn't think so

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Warnock is a good manager and a very honest manager.

I have no love or hate for Sheffield United, but I like Warnock.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Warnock's a hypocrite, a moaner and a bad loser, but he is definitely entertaining, I'll give him that.

Not as good for a laugh as Gordon Strachan though.

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    Warnock is a good manager and a very honest manager.

I have no love or hate for Sheffield United, but I like Warnock.
    I detest the man, he is an utter ****. Personally I have nothing for comtempt towards anything related to Sheffield but in footballing terms, Warnock and Sheffield Utd contribute nothing to the PL. He constantly whinges about the referees and regularly tries to defend the indefensible when it comes to his players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Although Warnock can be a moan, I think like Mourinho he's a great character and he gives the PL something there.

I personally don't mind Sheffield Utd.

It was a bit sad to see Watford relegated. Yes they weren't good enough but they did give it a good try this year and I'm looking forward to see how they do in the Championship next year. Although they'll do well to hold on to Bouazza.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Although Warnock can be a moan, I think like Mourinho he's a great character and he gives the PL something there.
    Mourinho is intelligent. Warnock, loud as he is, is still an idiot

It was a bit sad to see Watford relegated. Yes they weren't good enough but they did give it a good try this year and I'm looking forward to see how they do in the Championship next year.

Were a disgrace

Scraped around playing the type of football that would get the manager of a division one side over here lynched. No loss, they're a championship club tops

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast