Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tonights meeting

any word what happened at the meeting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    New jersey unveiled,its lovely. All red and has a collar,far nicer than the other option we were given. 115 in attendance
    "he tries his best.... but I was a proper player".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    New jersey unveiled,its lovely. All red and has a collar,far nicer than the other option we were given. 115 in attendance
    this is the new kit.... just plus the tohers and crest..
    Last edited by SligoBrewer; 22/01/2009 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Nice kit pity it doesn’t have stripes I heard there was a choice of kit the other one was meant to be a hooped one I presume it was this one so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    this is the new kit.... just plus the tohers and crest..
    Don't really like that one.

So, what else happened? Any new players?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The shirt looks rank, should stick to the stripes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I like it a lot.Prefer it to the striped one that was linked above

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah,that link above to the hooped kit is correct and its cat. The new one is nice,i think that maybe the pic posted by Brewer is the wrong shade but i can't be certain.
    "he tries his best.... but I was a proper player".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    hooped jersey is cat&imitation celtic jersey from 01/02. new one looked mint. meetin was good enuff apart from 1st hour of every1 reapeating the same thing over and over and over again about conor o'grady. some good ideas for fund raising including poker classics, dinner dances etc. they said that there will be a few friendlies out in the sticks as well. thought this was a good idea when they did it 2 years ago and went to both games but ended up watching half ballymote game in the car cos of weather & most of ppl at arrow harps game were ppl who'd be in showgrounds anyway. some1 sed that rob's signing 8 and that a few of em were only a matter of puttin pen to paper&that they prefer they unveil em in groups so that they can do justice to sponsors at press conferences
    Last edited by Red4Eva; 10/01/2007 at 12:35 AM.
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Yeah,that link above to the hooped kit is correct and its cat. The new one is nice,i think that maybe the pic posted by Brewer is the wrong shade but i can't be certain.

WE HAD AN IDENTICAL HOOP JERSEY TO THE ONE POSTED ABOVE IBN THE 1990'S.

STICK TO TRADITION, THE JERSEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN STRIPES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I'm open to correction but i can only recall maybe one or two kits in the last 15 years that have actually used stripes so its not like its a break from tradition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    When I first started following Rovers it was stripes and the same for the team that won the League in '77.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    I'm open to correction but i can only recall maybe one or two kits in the last 15 years that have actually used stripes so its not like its a break from tradition
    Ya I know what you are saying Gustavo and you are right I just think the club should stick to the stripes

The non stripes jerseys, from memory, really started getting going in 89/90 if I remember rightly with the SPALL all red gear.

Before anyonme jumps in I know we had a solid red jersey in the 80's (with a tiny white stripe through it) as well, my point being that since 89/90, as Gustavo points out, most of our jerseys have been of the non striped variety!!

The multi coloured black red whitehome and black red green away in 93/94 under McStay and we had the red hoops when Nicky Reid was in charge.

For me Rovers should take the pitch wearing stripes, it (was/is) one of our distinctive features as a club IMO.

I dont think we needed to deviate (not 15 years ago and not now again after reverting to stripes for the last while)from the stripes, from memory Derry never have!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I too prefer the stripes and think the old kit we had the last two years was the best we had in years but is not the nickname of the club the Bit'O Red because we always had a bit of red in the jersey of differing amounts ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Anyone remember the pink/red shirt from circa 89/90 first divison ,defo was the worst ever.

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    the jersey was probably the least important issues dealt with last night....enough of the fashion talk ladies

there were so many positives from last night..the only major negative was the local players and every damn point had to go back to conor o grady and mc namara...it got really tedious...at one point i just wanted to shout out mac has gone back to gaa and it aint the biggest loss but thank god toolan eventually told people to stop bringing it up

just bring back o grady..its all we ask rob!

the ideas of a dinner dance and a poker tournament were great..especially the latter....

everyone had ideas....and all of the committee want help..whether its because they are ****ed already financially and arent telling us and the "lets take it the next level" is just a smokescreen for "we are in trouble and we need help" is something i still have a suspicion about...still no matter what the reason its good for the club

i just hope that the people who have the ideas are actually listened to and they actually follow through with it then...

best idea was giving people back change at the gate when they pay for their ticket....genius!

ps...tommy gorman....worth the tv licence alone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Initially they mainly came under fire for the change in policy & the loss of McT, O’Grady & Mackey the members present took this on board and will discuss it at the next board meeting. Then in turned into a think tank on Fund raising, at the end 2 options for the new jersey were presented, the revealed that they currently have 14 players on their cards and are in talks with 8 more and some are very close to signing, Singh is one of those players still on the cards. They could not discuss the Connors issues for legal reasons.

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader View Post
    This is more or less what i heard to WR about the meeting sure Mac is already back playing the GA, i would love to see Conor come back though.

But Finacially they made a profit last year be it only for the cup run. Hopefully we can see some new faces on the MC this year as well.
    we were probably lucky last year as you say..the lotto went to 11k as well and that made a hell of a lotta money...

i think its a big opportunity for the supporters trust in response to your next sentence...they committee kept saying they want help...this is the chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They have made a profit for the last 4-5 years according to The Treasurer last night.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by londonred View Post
    Anyone remember the pink/red shirt from circa 89/90 first divison ,defo was the worst ever.

Thats the SPALL jersey I mentioned above.

Never mind the jersey the tracksuit was cotton and also very light red and the thing had Zips up the side of a cotton tracksuit bottom - absolutely rank. The crest was printed on the back of the top and faded after one wash.

But did I care at the time when running around footie training in it - did I hell.

John Kents finest before the fancy Jako days!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast