Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which seats in Croker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Understandable for Lansdowne but surely Croker is a bit of a clean slate (was saying clean sheet and then thought nah thats tempting fate) allocation wise unless are already at the stage of trying to fill in singles spotted around the place which I'd doubt it, thats what the general sale "should" do.
    Last edited by WexDec; 02/01/2007 at 5:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    On the location on seats, I hope they give existing block bookers/waiting list people the best seats in each category, we are the people who have gone to games for years. If I am stuck in a corner block in the canal lower and the centre blocks are full of corps or freebies or general sale people I will livid. I cant imagine that we will be any further away from the pitch than we were in Germany.

As for the view, was only in Croke Park once and the view from midway up the centre of the hogan stand lower was ok, but not worth €70 or €60 as it was for that game. I was on a company freebie so I didnt care. Be careful if you selected the lower hogan or cusack as you have a very good chance of an excellent soaking if it rains for your €70. Dont know if the roof covers the lower canal.

The upper tiers seem an awful long way back. They reminded me of the away fans section in St. James Park Newcastle. Its like watching subbuteo.
    Yeah been to many matches at Croker and of course it rarely rains given the time of year the matches are played but if it does the lower tiers up to just under half way back should get soaked as have seen/experience on occassion and wouldn't trust March and October at all !

50 quid for upper all in all seems better value. A trade off between cover, elevation (being at pitch level not everyone's cup of tea either) and of course price. Back of the lower is ideal but front of the upper is good value at 20 quid less. Could end up paying 70 quid what is technically a lower tier Cusack/Hogan but the guy practically next to you is paying 50 for Canal lower ! That would get in your craw after 4 matches. Have sat in the rafters and its very high alright but hoping these will be general sale seats.

Being a pessimist/realist about these things though I'd nearly expect them to just fill it left to right, front to back. Have seen this brute force method used enough times at different venues to not be surprised at it and its not a seating plan they're used to. Are more just wanting to get the thing sold out any which way for obvious financial reasons.
    Last edited by WexDec; 02/01/2007 at 5:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    Pity the away fans! Are they being charged €50 for their end. Thats robbery alright cos its no better than the north terrace at lansdowne i'd imagine. (I assume that the away end is normally a terrace and temporary seating is being put in place, just like lansdowne.)
    Correct AFAIK about bucket seating on the hill. Something like 6,800 I heard though ! I can imagine what the Germans and Slovaks will think of paying 50 quid for that given their usual prices........especially if it rains

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Upper Hogan for me,is quite a good view and if it's windy it usually blows into the Cusack.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    How many do ye reckon will be sold before it goes on general sale?

I have a good few lads who havent been to too many matches in the past who are asking me to put them down for the four games. I reckon there could be 45k-50k sold before any general sale.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    I have a good few lads who havent been to too many matches in the past who are asking me to put them down for the four games. I reckon there could be 45k-50k sold before any general sale.
    If they sell 50k, that will leave roughly only 5k for general sale, not a lot to be honest.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    AFAIK all the corporate and premium level tickets were over subscribed.

I really hope we fill the place for all four, would really stick it up to one or two begrudgers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Caveat - Last time I was in Croke Park I was 7 (it's amazing how much sense you get when you turn 8 ).

However from reading here and talking to friends who do go regularly (at least everytime Cork are there anyway). I've also got some conflicting info
    so please just take as a guide.

Best seats are at the back of the Lower Hogan Stand and Lower Cusack Stand. Rows go from A to Z then AA to ZZ. My mate reckons anything from AA back is perfect - nice height and out of the rain. I see the GAA website only claims EE back is covered though. Best sections are 328-333 and 304-309. It's worth the extra €20 if you get the right seats.

Personally I hate watching football from great heights. I used to hate anything from row 15 back in the West Stand and even more so the upper reaches of the East Stand. The front of the Upper Hogan Stand and Upper Cusack Stand are meant to have great views if you can stick heights. Blocks 728-733 and 704-709 are best.

The Canal Stand (behind the goal) is bad value if priced (which it is) the same as the stands on the side of the pitch. Aparently the upper deck here though is much better than the lower one. You will be along way from the action here.

The Away fans are at the other end on an open terrace which will have bucket seats installed.

no fences, no poles, no pillars in the way anywhere.

In many cases we'll just have to take whatever tickets we get anyway however if you do have a choice of tickets thorugh a club or league then the above might help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    AFAIK all the corporate and premium level tickets were over subscribed.

I really hope we fill the place for all four, would really stick it up to one or two begrudgers.
    I can see it selling out easily and being way oversubscribed too. I can't see the public sale lasting longer than an hour or 2.

However the away ends probably won't be full for Slovakia and Cyprus. There may be enough slovaks here to buy them. I assume Cyprus will go on general sale but at that stage it will depend on the where we stand in the group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have been on the Upper tier a number of times and I like the view to be honest. I think you get a much better view of how the game is working out tactically etc. That is why I always thing its stupid that managers stay in their dugouts as you can see very little from pitch level. The best place to be is the lower part of the Uppper Tier.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'd say the upper Canal would be best for the signing so I'm going there. It was the best for the singing when the Hill was gone that Championship year.

€50 though, the FAI are robbing fcuking wakners, pssing all over the very fans that have stood by through their farcical policies of the past.
    <insert witty remark>

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    70,000 X 15 euro per ticket still doesnt cover the 1.5 mil per game to pay the G.A.A. rent, so taking that into account its slightly cheaper than an east upper ticket...... i know corporate boxes and the likes, but i reckno some of them are being given to the G.A.A too, but I stand to be corrected.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    anybody know if its possible to hang big flags in the ground
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    i know corporate boxes and the likes, but i reckno some of them are being given to the G.A.A too, but I stand to be corrected.
    The corporate boxes are owned by individual companies. They bought the boxes for all events to be played at Croke Park, be that soccer, rugby, gaa, concerts etc.., The FAI will only have control of a few corporate boxes, namely the 10 or so which still remain unsold and the few extra ones which BOI and Guinness get as part of their GAA sponsorship.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetonic View Post
    The corporate boxes are owned by individual companies. They bought the boxes for all events to be played at Croke Park, be that soccer, rugby, gaa, concerts etc.., The FAI will only have control of a few corporate boxes, namely the 10 or so which still remain unsold and the few extra ones which BOI and Guinness get as part of their GAA sponsorship.
    Surely that cant be the case, or at least the FAI is getting a cut of the fee paid for the boxes. It would be ridiculous for them to recieve nothing for them.

Regarding the price of tickets, i think 50/70 and i think the hill is cheaper is fair value. Gaa finals are 60 no matter where you sit, rumoured to hit 70 this year. The rugby tickets are much more expensive so overall i think its reasonable.
    As for sitting in the canal end, be aware that the goalposts are going to be on the 21 yard lines, so you would be a decent distance back.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    430 Posts
    Surely that cant be the case, or at least the FAI is getting a cut of the fee paid for the boxes. It would be ridiculous for them to recieve nothing for them.
    I believe this is 100% correct. The corporate boxes are purchased by individuals/companies for ALL events in Croke Park. FAI will have no income from them as outlined above.

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I believe this is 100% correct. The corporate boxes are purchased by individuals/companies for ALL events in Croke Park. FAI will have no income from them as outlined above.
    This is completely correct. They FAI will get no revenue from these boxes. The GAA also got some tickets in the stand for both rugby and football as part of the agreement, if I remember correctly.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    However the away ends probably won't be full for Slovakia and Cyprus. There may be enough slovaks here to buy them. I assume Cyprus will go on general sale but at that stage it will depend on the where we stand in the group.
    Solvakia game will be full as it is the 2nd game in Croker, so those event junkies who could not go to the Walse game will attend the next best thing a few days later.

Cyprus game will probably be empty

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Thats fcuking ridiculous about the corporate boxes, no way should they be paying rent of €1.5m if thats the case.

I think all games will sell out or be very close to sell out. There will be at least 50k at the cyprus games, anymore than that will depend on how we are positioned in the group at that stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    With Premium tickets at least, the ticket holder only has the option to buy his seat for extra events (these upcoming games, concerts etc.) I believe most of the cost of this goes to the promoter/in this case the FAI with the GAA taking a cut as well. A lot of these are owned by companies and many usually end up in the hands of Corporate Hospitality agencies (and, going on experience, I imagine a lot of these will end up in the hands of England fans for the rugby)
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast