Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shels financial difficulties

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    It didn't suggest it'd have immediate effect. Think long term...
    Yes it did ! Criteria were highlighted that needed to be met. If you met those criteria you got a License, which apparently was required to play in the appropriate division that season. More explicitly, you needed a license to be our reps in Europe.

When the vast majority of clubs struggled to meet the criteria, we had a typical FAI fudge of changing the rules to suit the teams, not vice-versa. If it was a long term process and wasn't to have immediate effect, then why did the FAI feel the need to issue everyone with a license that season...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    If the reports are accurate and all those players are being released it's hard to see Fenlon staying around. Looks like this title win may turn out to be a very expensive one for Shels. Eamonn Collins for manager
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    It reminds me of North Korea on Shelsweb
    Lets just hope they don't go nuclear.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    According to a post on Shelsweb all these are out of contract: Gary O'Neill, Ollie Cahill, Joey Ndo, Dean Delaney, Steve Williams, Dave Crawley and Jim Crawford.

That would mean losing their player of the season and both their goalkeepers.
    Its not that devasting for shels losing most of them. The 2 keepers are rubbish, crawford and crawley have hardly kicked a ball this season. O`Neill and Cahill would be big losses and I think most people in the league and even shels fans accepted Ndo was leaving as his wage demands are massive from what I hear

What is of more relevance is what happens to the rest of the squad

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    Still, that's three quality players (O'Neill, Ndo and Cahill) and both keepers (however good or otherwise they were, they'll struggle to get a keeper to replace him). That's going on half a team.

I assume also these releases are subject to the fact that there's little or no money available to replace the players, and so they won't be replaced? Squad would lose a fair bit of strength in depth then as well.

(Obviously, all this is assuming it's true)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    What I posted above is concrete, but I don't want to look an eejit if things take another turn during the day or week, which seems to happen a lot in EL circles, hence my reluctance to go over the top with it.
    But a crisis meeting tells us nothing as such. The out of contract players can sign for whoever they want now, they don't need a meeting to clarify that. Ala Fenn signing for Bohs. A crisis would be if in contract players were walking as such but if I was Ollie I would not resign many or any of the out of contract players for as long as possible.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    That's exactly what I said,no rocket science involved, the meeting clarified that players out of contract who were negotiating all along are now not going to be offered nowt so can look elsewhere apparently. That's all.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I assume also these releases are subject to the fact that there's little or no money available to replace the players, and so they won't be replaced? Squad would lose a fair bit of strength in depth then as well.

(Obviously, all this is assuming it's true)
    Three good lads who were on-loan this season will be back hopefully. A lot of Shels fans looking forward to seeing Chambers and Tyrell back
    Who Cares?!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Last year we released the same amount of out of contract players and nobody batted an eyelid.
    Even if all those mentioned left, we'd still have a team capable of winning the League.
    Looks as though all the confident talk of a mass exodus from Shels was, yet again, hot air.
    No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    In 1977

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sheliban View Post
    Looks as though all the confident talk of a mass exodus from Shels was, yet again, hot air.
    Ehh hello? 2 of your best players have not been offered new contracts and some others. The other players still have the option to leave for free as does Fenlon.

More like the beginning of the mass exiodus....

kdjac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    Last year we released the same amount of out of contract players and nobody batted an eyelid.
    Big difference between Hussain Yazdani and Seán L'Estrange and Gary O'Neill and Ollie Cahill though.

Who was released last year? I think there were seven, as you note, but there was Yazdani, L'Estrange, Fleming, Cawley...who else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Even if all those mentioned left, we'd still have a team capable of winning the League.
    "There is no presence of American infidels … at all. Baghdad is safe. US soldiers are being slaughtered in their hundreds.... we will slaughter them, all of these invaders - their tombs will be here in Iraq." Mohammed "Comical Ali" Saeed al-Sahhaf - Baghdad, April 2003, as US tank shells could be heard exploding in the background.

Any similarities?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Big difference between Hussain Yazdani and Seán L'Estrange and Gary O'Neill and Ollie Cahill though.

I think there were seven, as you note, but there was Yazdani, L'Estrange, Fleming, Cawley...who else?
    Glen Fitzpatrick, Ger Rowe, Kevin Doherty, and Derek Pender.

Was a pity that Glen had to go...........
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    So nobody of any real importance. Glen's muck. You got over him, I think.

Compare that to Ndo, Cahill, O'Neill and both keepers. It mightn't be the end of the world, but it's hardly the rosy picture Sheliban paints either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    No but he used a which automatically wins any arguement and nullifies all negative statements about ($)hel($)
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Post from en ex Pats employee on our MB
    Met Hawkins, Cahill, Dillon in town last night, all said that they reckoned they would be on the move in coming month, players are still owed money from the Deportivo game a couple of years ago.

S Byrne definately going along with Fenlon.

Watch this space
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Savic View Post
    They have substantial plans alright. I've seen them. However, they can't get their hands on the substantial money. They can still show the plans to the FAI though. Remember the FAI showing EUFA a nice green field?
    Sam I dont think your allowed to make those sort of comments... People around here like to believe the rumours of shels and don't have time for the facts.

It's best you go along with everyone else and paint a picture of how screwed Shels are

That way it makes everyone else feel better about themselves!
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    People around here like to believe the rumours of shels and don't have time for the facts.
    When there are very little facts and almost all that are available are negative, what do you expect?!

Even your own fans are in the dark and can only cling to the "Ollie always comes good for us in the end" approach.

Get real.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    Sam I dont think your allowed to make those sort of comments... People around here like to believe the rumours of shels and don't have time for the facts.

It's best you go along with everyone else and paint a picture of how screwed Shels are

That way it makes everyone else feel better about themselves!
    Higgins, try take the chip of your shoulder there. We all know Shels are due some money from the sale of Tolka, however that is not enough with property prices these days to do anything. Hence trying to share with Bohs, or athletics in santry. We can all have plans, I have plans to build 1,000 houses in the fields near me however I don't have the money so the plans are not much use now are they.

Why don't you clear it all up for us and tell us where Shels are moving to, Lisenadall was going to be your new home wasn't it, or when you are moving even?

Actaully why don't you even give us a rough idea of the future plans of Shels. Most clubs plans are out there, Pats, Bohs, Rovers etc and what they plan to do and how they plan to do it. What exactly are Shels plans except for spending money on a team from the sale of your ground?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    OneRedArmy, Do you really believe what you hear on foot about Shels ?

I am still trying to get over the fact that Ndo signed for Drogheda during the last transfer window. I'm amazed that we stayed in Tolka past the deadline day of July 28th was it ??? Pat Fenlon had also signed for Bohs and was about to have a press conference yet I watched him lift the cup in Tolka last Friday night

Pat is also booked into a hotel in Derry for 5 nights yet he was in Dublin for these 5 nights!!

One thing leads to another on here and when there is a lack of information peoples imaginations get the better of them and we hear all this crap.

When Shels release players they will tell us about it. I am looking forward to a reduction in the number of players we have but up until now we have no information.

Sure we were told on here weeks ago that all players are free to leave as their contracts were broken!! Do you believe that one too ?

Then we hear rumours of how they go weeks without pay yet its fairly clear that there is a two week rule on the contracts and if it was weeks as people suggest we'd have lost them all by now.

I know its the off season but do you lot have nothing better to discuss ?
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast