Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Trust seems to have made a big impression

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    From a complete outsiders point of view with little or no interest in SRFC etc,
    but with an interest in Trusts and Supporters Clubs in general, I find it amusing
    that the people demanding answers on a public forum not associated with the
    Trust are the ones hiding behind internet alias!
    so do i..hope we can have this debate in the city hotel later today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    From a complete outsiders point of view with little or no interest in SRFC etc,
    but with an interest in Trusts and Supporters Clubs in general, I find it amusing
    that the people demanding answers on a public forum not associated with the
    Trust are the ones hiding behind internet alias!
    Internet names like Ash for example
    Seriously, all the questions asked by Sligo1 are legitimate and deserves answers, even if it's on a forum. I dont see why they should not be answered.
    It's not as if we are disclosing state secrets. All that information should be in the public domain. The more information out there will create less suspicion, and lead to greater trust among supporters.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer View Post
    Internet names like Ash for example
    No imagination on my behalf so I use my actual name.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzer View Post
    All that information should be in the public domain.
    The more information out there will create less suspicion, and lead to greater trust among supporters.
    True, but from my own experience and involvement with Supporter Clubs its better to
    have these questions asked and answered in a more structured and official capacity
    and environment to ensure that everyone understands exactly whats going on.

When all the issues are raised and answered then a statement can be released into
    the public domain with all the correct information.

Personally I find this approach far more constructive and gets the job done better than
    ranting anonymously on a forum.

Its easy to have a hidden agenda when people hide behind the mouse!
    Last edited by Ash; 28/11/2006 at 10:34 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No problem Sligo1.If anyone has any questions for the trust send them to info@thebitored.org and we will answer them.

As members of the trust management committee members may or may not want their names or details given out.Also on the application form there is an option that allows members decide if their information can be passed onto third parties.I do not have these forms in front of me so not sure if they checked this option or not.But I do not tell a lie when saying that ther are 5 members of the management committee who are currnet members of the trust.2 actually joined after the clubs last AGM, and we are glad to have them as members.Also 2 are also members of 2 other supporetrs clubs.

p.s"Here you are again, dictating what we should and shouldn't discuss on this forum. Sorry mate, but if it's an issue that effects Rovers supporters, there's absolutly no reason why it cant be discussed here"

And absolutely no reason why if supporters have any issue with the Trust that they be man enough to ask the questions face to face and stop hiding behind aliases....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Went to The Trust meeting tonight,was impressed with what was being said and the work they are doing. Fair play to them.
    "he tries his best.... but I was a proper player".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    went to the meeting and i must say well done 2 all involved!
    i will be back next week wit my application form.

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    i went too and really enjoyed it.i think people who debate so strongly like the above posts really should go talk to them as well....its a lot easier to discuss a point in person than on a forum...

a lot of things were discussed last night and a lot of positive things for the future were mentioned.ill be downloading the application form later today,will bring it in at meeting next week

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    That's an interesting point from 1928, and one I was wondering about myself. Given that the club has a co-operative structure and is democratic anyway, is there any real need for a supporters trust in Sligo? Surely if people want to influence what happens at SRFC they have the avenue to do it from within?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would I be correct in saying that, in some ways the mood of this “discussion” reflects issues relating too and perceptions of the Club from different quarters?
    Sligo Rovers Chairman afik is or was a prominent/founder member of the South Sligo supporters Club and the vice-Chairman has or had similar affiliations to the North Sligo Supporters club? And this trend seems to be homogeneous throughout the Clubs hierocracy, Thus the overwhelming propagandist support for these two supports clubs at the expense of some cheep shots at the Trust.
    Because of this, the perception of a lot of people is that the club is a closed Shop and they are accountable to nobody. Therefore the Trust was a great Idea, too elevate fears, encourage people to support Rovers through a forum that was, run by supporters, not accountable to the club & an apparently well structured organisation, yet formed to benefit the club. Relative to supporters clubs the fundamentals of the trust are novel in LOI circles & unfortunately this has been used as a Rod to beat them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123