Shels 42 (24)
    Sligo 39 (26)
    Sham R 35 (24)
    Galway 33 (25)
    Waterford 33 (26)
    Pats 31 (25)
    Bohs 28 (24)
    Drogs 21 (26)

Main losers are Galway who had 9 points from 3, Shels who had 10 from 4 and Waterford who had 7 from 3.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Update on this if it’s to happen

Derry 44 (played 26) - losing 5 points from 3 games
    Shels 43 (P26) - losing 10 points from 4 games
    Sligo 39 (P27) - losing 4 points from 3 games
    Shams 38 (P25) - losing 4 points from 3 games
    Galway 33 (P25) - losing 9 points from 3 games
    Waterford 33 (P26) - losing 10 points from 4 games
    Pats 31 (P25) - losing 7 points from 4 games
    Bohs 29 (P25) - losing 4 points from 3 games
    Drogheda 21 (P26) - losing 4 points from 3 games

NOTE: just roughly did this up myself based on results, I’ve already spotted and edited some errors on games played so don’t take it as gospel!
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 15/09/2024 at 9:55 PM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I want them gone but I don’t want them gone.

expunged this yr and guaranteed back in d1 next yr ideal scenario ??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    I want them gone but I don’t want them gone.

expunged this yr and guaranteed back in d1 next yr ideal scenario ??
    I get where you're coming from but surely there has to be consequences for mismanagement at this scale. Yes plenty of the fault lies with the FAI but let's not ignore the fact that Dundalk signed 8 players in July and gave Horgan an extension on his contract. Their owner knew this was a distinct possibility and instead of trying to cut his cloth and finish out the season tried to speed up the demise of the club. If a Phoenix club can come in straight away and basically have 0 consequences (they were being relegated anyway) it looks like the FAI & league endorse this type of reckless spending.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    I get where you're coming from but surely there has to be consequences for mismanagement at this scale. Yes plenty of the fault lies with the FAI but let's not ignore the fact that Dundalk signed 8 players in July and gave Horgan an extension on his contract. Their owner knew this was a distinct possibility and instead of trying to cut his cloth and finish out the season tried to speed up the demise of the club. If a Phoenix club can come in straight away and basically have 0 consequences (they were being relegated anyway) it looks like the FAI & league endorse this type of reckless spending.
    Nail on the head there.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    It's not like there isn't previous for this sort of thing happening though. See Derry City, Cork City etc..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    The only time I have heard the word expunged is to do with LOI fixtures after a team goes bust. Unfortunately it's been heard a few times over the years!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    It's not like there isn't previous for this sort of thing happening though. See Derry City, Cork City etc..
    I understand there is previous but eventually a line has to be drawn somewhere. If the FAI and the league encourage this boom & bust cycle then the league will remain a farce in the eyes of the general public. Actual consequences are needed. Even if the Phoenix club started with a points deduction next year & BA banned from club ownership that would be something.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    They could allow the phoenix club to join at academy level and then once they've proven over a couple of years that they have a sustainable structure in place they can apply for full membership. I agree there has to be a significant deterrent to running a club so badly.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    They could allow the phoenix club to join at academy level and then once they've proven over a couple of years that they have a sustainable structure in place they can apply for full membership. I agree there has to be a significant deterrent to running a club so badly.
    Jesus I hadn’t even thought of Dundalk’s academy in all of this. A lot of kids going to get burned by the inflated ego of the owner and the incompetence of the FAI to allow him take over the club
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Honestly hadn't even thought of this and I think this idea is ideal. In 2-3 years there should be a few decent academy players ready to step up to men's football and it would be much more affordable for a club in the begining.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    I do feel duffer will spontaneously combust if the results are expunged,shels the big losers along with Waterford.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Honestly hadn't even thought of this and I think this idea is ideal. In 2-3 years there should be a few decent academy players ready to step up to men's football and it would be much more affordable for a club in the begining.
    would Oriel be fit for purpose at that stage? Someone needs to pay for a new pitch / floodlights

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    would Oriel be fit for purpose at that stage? Someone needs to pay for a new pitch / floodlights
    I'm of the opinion that pitch and the one in Derry aren't fit for purpose now!Either way the pitch/ground being fit for purpose is part of the licensing (I know licensing has already failed in regards to Dundalk) so I would imagine they would need to resolve that before rejoining. From what Ive read online that's an issue now though so that question could apply to a Phoenix club for next season as well.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    I do feel duffer will spontaneously combust if the results are expunged,shels the big losers along with Waterford.
    Galway the biggest losers actually. Everyone else dropped some points to Dundalk, they dropped none.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Galway the biggest losers actually. Everyone else dropped some points to Dundalk, they dropped none.
    True but mathematically speaking Galway would only lose 9 points they’d earned in an amended league table where as shels and Waterford would lose 10
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Would this also affect the top goalscorer list? Or the accumulated yellow and red cards?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckett View Post
    Would this also affect the top goalscorer list? Or the accumulated yellow and red cards?
    When Monaghan left the league midway through 2012, player appearances and goals were also expunged yes. I’m not sure what happens re:cards from games against clubs that are gone though
    Paaatrick's Agletic

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Meant to ask this Q before but did BA attend any Dundalk matches at all or was he an absentee landlord?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Well he ws at the game where his seat in the stand collapsed under him.....

23. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast