Page 388 of 407 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 8129

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Looks nice compared to what is there now, but agree the capacity should be set at 10k minimum. Was the Tramway end (Philip Greene radio commentary) the opposite goal to the school end (Des Kelly)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I don't might the slightly less ambitious 8k capacity for the new Dalymount. The 6k on the initial plans was definitely a little light but think 8k is a decent size for them in the medium term.

The way things have gone in the past couple years it's reasonable to forecast rovers, bohs and maybe more would regularly attract 10k+ but it's still early days on the leagues new path.

I personally don't see it happening but the arse can come out of it just as fast so being on the conservative side is probably the right move over the long term.

If they are selling out the 8k stadium at the same rate they are their current set up over a couple of seasons then they can try and access some form of expansion if/when that time comes.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post
    I don't might the slightly less ambitious 8k capacity for the new Dalymount. The 6k on the initial plans was definitely a little light but think 8k is a decent size for them in the medium term.

The way things have gone in the past couple years it's reasonable to forecast rovers, bohs and maybe more would regularly attract 10k+ but it's still early days on the leagues new path.

I personally don't see it happening but the arse can come out of it just as fast so being on the conservative side is probably the right move over the long term.

If they are selling out the 8k stadium at the same rate they are their current set up over a couple of seasons then they can try and access some form of expansion if/when that time comes.
    Would be essential for the design of the new stadium to enable future expansion if required. The problem with the previous design was not just that it had a capacity that was too low, but also that it seemed to preclude future changes.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Whats going to happen with the other end of the ground where part of the old pitch is? It seems creative but rather limited..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,645 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yurt View Post

I agree that 8k is fine for now but I do worry that we will need more and I’m not sure if/how it will be able to be expanded. Not sure you can add anything to either of the open ends given property lines and the two stands look single stand traditional roofing set-up… it looks to me like it locks us in at 8k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    More problems for Harps at Stranorlor:

Finn Harps must raise €700,000 for new stadium work

A fundraising committee and a 'main fundraising initiative' will be set up in the coming weeks as Finn Harps look to address a significant funding shortfall for the development of the Donegal Community Stadium in Stranorlar, as rising costs have taken the cost to €7.3m

More here: https://www.donegallive.ie/news/socc...dium-work.html

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    More problems for Harps at Stranorlor:

Finn Harps must raise €700,000 for new stadium work

A fundraising committee and a 'main fundraising initiative' will be set up in the coming weeks as Finn Harps look to address a significant funding shortfall for the development of the Donegal Community Stadium in Stranorlar, as rising costs have taken the cost to €7.3m

More here: https://www.donegallive.ie/news/socc...dium-work.html
    Any local Sugar Daddy, American Business, Oligarch or Sheikh in Donegal able to help!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts
    I thought Harps always had to raise €700k for the stadium? Or is this a new/increased sum?

They should do a deal with the contractor whereby they effectively cover Harps' £700k (or a portion of it) and then the club pays it back to them over time plus interest, with a legal charge on the ground until it's cleared. That way the work goes ahead for the contractor, and they also keep earning from the site after the build-out is complete. And Harps benefit from getting their new stadium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,352 Posts
    We always had to raise matched funding. There's nothing new about this. The only new part is the rising costs, which is unfortunate.

The article above has come from a stadium update posted on the club website and article in match programme from Waterford game.

https://finnharps.ie/new-stadium-upd...om-ian-harkin/

It will require a massive fundraising effort, but that's already well underway. Would be ideal if someone came in to help with a big bulk of costs, however.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts
    How much of the 700k has been raised to date?
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    How much of the 700k has been raised to date?
    No idea. I tend to not ask such questions of the board. I'm not even sure many of them have an accurate figure either, to be fair.

There's been a number of fundraising activities already undertaken though. A golf event and dinner hosted by Shay Given and London Donegal people, in London, a stadium draw, and a few other smaller bits and pieces have already been done.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I agree that 8k is fine for now but I do worry that we will need more and I’m not sure if/how it will be able to be expanded. Not sure you can add anything to either of the open ends given property lines and the two stands look single stand traditional roofing set-up… it looks to me like it locks us in at 8k.
    One in the hand…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    No idea. I tend to not ask such questions of the board. I'm not even sure many of them have an accurate figure either, to be fair.

There's been a number of fundraising activities already undertaken though. A golf event and dinner hosted by Shay Given and London Donegal people, in London, a stadium draw, and a few other smaller bits and pieces have already been done.
    Bit like most Pats fans with the improvements to Richmond. If them pesky councillors agreed to the Richmond Arena we would be in it now. Instead it’s the same empty site it was when our plan was rejected that’s Ireland in a microcosm but.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    I know before we finally moved to Bishopsgate in 1993 we spent guts of a decade tryin to finalise the move and there were financial issues that held it back so I can identify Harps pain.Hopefully they will get over the barriers soon!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,645 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    One in the hand…
    Ah yeah, of course. We’re blessed to be in this position all things considered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Ah yeah, of course. We’re blessed to be in this position all things considered.
    I do agree with your post regarding the future but it will be good to have a modern stadium with nearly double the current capacity.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    If you build, they will come!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    If you build, they will come!

LoI stadium development thread, click on a link and get a 'Please try again later' message - quite apt really!

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Some progress on the new stand at Tallaght.

Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Looks great. I'm assuming that it'll be the new season before we can expect Rovers fans to be in there. Will be interesting to see how often it will sell out next season?

You'd imagine both games against Bohs and maybe a champions league fixture should it be against a bigger team. Would they expect any other of the Dublin Derbies to attract 10k+?