Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Oscar Traynor News

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goals4fun View Post
    expand on 'invited' ???? what happens if they do not show?

Well If I knew that there wouldnt be much point in having meetings. If they do not show the committee has a number of options available. But I am sure that the players will attend and will have reasons why they were not available, it was not their intention im sure to let the squad that they trained with down on the day.
    "When faced with total negativity, a smile is a weapon of mass destruction"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Time is needed to make up a story as to why they were not there, and who are the ldmc to question them? there not like the police with the man power or resources to investigate to see if the excuses provided are actually true, so it will be a waste of time with no suspensions handed out and the OT will continue to be viewed as a second rate competition which is not right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clean sheet View Post
    its a round robin and top 2 come of groups to
    the knock out phase
    thanks pal!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superhero View Post
    Time is needed to make up a story as to why they were not there, and who are the ldmc to question them? there not like the police with the man power or resources to investigate to see if the excuses provided are actually true, so it will be a waste of time with no suspensions handed out and the OT will continue to be viewed as a second rate competition which is not right
    I dont follow your line here Superhero!

We met as a committee last tuesday and discussed that some players were not in attendance at the OT game. We then invited / requested them to attend the next meeting (tomorrow night) after which a decision will be taken as to further action.

What would you suggest we do!! Lets try to be a little constructive here. I dont think that anyone could say that the profile of the OT has not been elevated this season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TSDL Oscar Traynor Squad

St. Michael’s: James Walsh, Paul Breen, Richie Ryan, Raymie O’Brien, Paul Tobin, Ray McMahon, Davy Ryan;

Clonmel Town: Richard Ryan, Raymie Condon, Dwayne Burns, Anthony Davis, Aaron Moroney, Paul Scully, Tony Scully;

Peake Villa:
    Derek Breen, Aaron Ryan, Ger O’Grady, Ted O’Connor, Jody O’Grady;

Clonmel Celtic: Paul Kennedy and Andrew Cosgrave,

Cahir Park: Richard Tobin, Keith Maguire;

Old Bridge:
    Paddy O’Donnell, Barry O’Neill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    I dont follow your line here Superhero!

We met as a committee last tuesday and discussed that some players were not in attendance at the OT game. We then invited / requested them to attend the next meeting (tomorrow night) after which a decision will be taken as to further action.

What would you suggest we do!! Lets try to be a little constructive here. I dont think that anyone could say that the profile of the OT has not been elevated this season.
    Of course it has been elevated from previous years but the same problem still remains, players wanting turning up and playing
    I spoke with a member of the team that won in Cork and he told me that there 2 outfield subs on the bench for that game and that the manager recieved two texts from players saying they couldn't turn up one the night before and one the morning of the game, not good enough from one of the strongest junior leagues in the country..... not the managements fault and not the fault of the ldmc but how do you go about ensuring players turn up?? you can't they have to want to turn up and at present very few want to turn up, they prefer having a weekend free and the ldmc will not be able to question any excuse given by a player as to why they were not there.

Suspending players is an option, but if a player has a story/excuse whether it's true or not the ldmc will have no choice but to give the player the benefit of the doubt.
    as for a solution, maybe personalised gear for each player selected, from training kit, tracksuit to a gear bag it would give a certain amount of prestige in being selected.
    maybe other posters here have other ideas on how you would get players wanting to play for the OT team

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superhero View Post
    Of course it has been elevated from previous years but the same problem still remains, players wanting turning up and playing
    I spoke with a member of the team that won in Cork and he told me that there 2 outfield subs on the bench for that game and that the manager recieved two texts from players saying they couldn't turn up one the night before and one the morning of the game, not good enough from one of the strongest junior leagues in the country..... not the managements fault and not the fault of the ldmc but how do you go about ensuring players turn up?? you can't they have to want to turn up and at present very few want to turn up, they prefer having a weekend free and the ldmc will not be able to question any excuse given by a player as to why they were not there.

Suspending players is an option, but if a player has a story/excuse whether it's true or not the ldmc will have no choice but to give the player the benefit of the doubt.
    as for a solution, maybe personalised gear for each player selected, from training kit, tracksuit to a gear bag it would give a certain amount of prestige in being selected.
    maybe other posters here have other ideas on how you would get players wanting to play for the OT team

Why not select players who just want to represent their league/s, full stop.
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale View Post
    Why not select players who just want to represent their league/s, full stop.
    get players to put their own names forward !
    it is a catch 22, if you have players in your league good enough and they don't want to play then you will probably win nothing. If you select players who don't want to play then the effort is not there and you will win nothing.

As old keeper said the profile has been lifted but nothing has been done to get players excited about playing for youe league ! Until they solve that, i am not sure what they could do.

Maybe offer a prize like a holiday to the team/management if they win the OT??? somthing has to be done !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goals4fun View Post

Maybe offer a prize like a holiday to the team/management if they win the OT??? somthing has to be done !
    thats a good idea,the winners of the aul get a holiday but the ot team would need some serious sponsorship for that and i can't see that happening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    when is the next round of this ?
    next week is league, and then after that the LDMC website have dates for MJC and FAI ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi All

Following Last nights delegate meeting some clubs feel that I am bringing discredit on the LDMC by posting on this site. I will not post again until this matter has been discussed by the committee and following that meeting if the committee agree with the accusation I will not be posting in any capacity.

If any of you feel that My posts on this site have been bringing the committee into disrepute I urge you to mail the secretary of the league on the other hand if you feel that my posts have not been bringing the league into disrepute you might mail as well

The league secretary can be contacted at secretary@ldmc.ie

So Bye for a week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The Oscar Traynor team are playing on saturday night, if the east cork/ west waterford are anything like their youths who limerick beat 9-1 on saturday then you would expect a limerick win.
    EVERYTHING is black and white

Thats just textbook................

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pearse4t3 View Post
    The Oscar Traynor team are playing on saturday night, if the east cork/ west waterford are anything like their youths who limerick beat 9-1 on saturday then you would expect a limerick win.
    LDL 6-1 WWEC

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678