Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atmosphere ideas for Czech game

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atmosphere ideas for Czech game

After witnessing the great atmosphere generated by the German fans last what can be done to generate the that type of atmosphere to the 2 last games in Lansdowne?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Get 15,000 Czechs over, get them drunk and make them sing so the Irish aren't embarassed to open their gob and let out a few tunes.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question flags a must

after seeing the support of the german fans in stuttgart I think everyone should have a flag at the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    our away fans are first class. The home atmosphere does need a bit of prompting to be fair. Flags did make the Germans go nuts!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    get all our “away fans” into the one stand in Lansdowne. thought we were magnificent on sat night. the noise and colour was superb

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flags are a must

The Germans loved their flags, we need flags, none of these green cards with stupid songs on the back but real flags, the sight of 40,000 German flags the other night was staggering.

After seeing the stadium and the transport systems now more than ever I feel we live in a third world country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mafitz View Post
    The Germans loved their flags, we need flags, none of these green cards with stupid songs on the back but real flags, the sight of 40,000 German flags the other night was staggering.

After seeing the stadium and the transport systems now more than ever I feel we live in a third world country.
    I tell you what I've never been on a more efficient transport system. The trains were first class to and from Cologne. On time and it felt like being in first class!!!

Who would pay for all the flags if its a route the grounds go down? Is it the Irish FA?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flags

Yeah the sight of 40,000 German flags was amazing. We should all e-mail the FAI and get them to put these sort of flags on every seat in Lansdowne for the Czech game, i believe Munster do the same as this in Rugby,

Other ideas i had but its never going to work is for everyone to get in the ground extra early by having bars inside the ground , i dont know why the FAI dont do this.

I still think after the national athems Youll Never Walk Alone should be played i remember before the Georgia or Albania game everybody was singing it holding up those green cards.

So all in all what im looking for a the Czech game is every seat to have a Green and green shirt particuarly in the East and West Stands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    These things cost money. We should chase eircom or Carlsberg or somone for sponsorship. The Cork City C84 raise money for their displays through the sale of the fanzine FourFiveOne.
    We did the flags thing before.
    It takes a lot of organising.

Perhaps the NLSA could petition eircom or Carlsberg or someone to organise something...
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar View Post
    Perhaps the NLSA could petition eircom or Carlsberg or someone to organise something...
    Good shout. See what we can do. Flags looked superb on Saturday alright. Though I wonder how many corporate Irish would wave them at Lansdowne...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Though I wonder how many corporate Irish would wave them at Lansdowne...
    The coloured card thing worked fairly well at Lansdowne.
    At the Dennis Bergkamp testimonial, there was a pack on your seat with a t-shirt and a little flag. It created great colour.
    I remember the eircom t-shirts at the Switzerland game being taken off seats by greedy bastads though.
    People didn't wear them either.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The german flags were sponsored so it takes some company in conjunction with the FAI to put flags on everybodys seat etc.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    The German atmosphere was a bit weird for me. Very robotic and turned on like a switch. They woould play that World Cup theme like "raindrops keep falling on my head" and they would all go nuts but the second, and I literally mean the very second the song would stop, they would completely die. I felt we created a far more consistent and spontaneous atmosphere in the ground. That said, when the flag display got going it looked brilliant.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Surely Eircom can jump on the bandwagon and sponsor the flags

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The German flags were handed out by as people approached their seats thus ensuring everyone had one. They also had thoses massive flags all around the ground before the game, not like in lansdowne having EL flags. Nothing against EL flags but a home international is not the place for it. They also had a band banging drums behind the goal, mind you this spurred on us more than the Germans. Havent seen or heard it on the telly but i reckon we made more noise than them for most of the game, jsut went a bit flat with 15 mins or so to go. Also the level of the music after Germany scored was much louder than youd ever hear in Lansdowne.

Also the late evening kick off is a huge help. We really need to kick off at 8pm on weds and no earlier than 7pm on Sats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Flags

flags, flags and more flags. And I know this may sound a bit copycat but I liked the way the Germans announced their team leaving the crowd to shout the players surname.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Here's a video ( poor quality) of the German fans afer the match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foc1JBHBiXw

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Step 1: Rip down the fencing around stephens green.
    Step 2: Grant temporary alcohol licences for pizza & hotdog stalls around the green. (Note: Beer must be sold in Jug form & cost no more then €3 max per litre)
    Step 4: Extend the luas tracks from Stephens green to Lansdowne road.
    Step 5: Allocate home tickets to REAL fans similar to English FA cup games whereby priority goes to people holding stubs from previous rounds, or in this case - away games.
    Step 6: Sit back & witness the best atmosphere ever seen at an ireland home international.

On a serious note: NeilMcD actually already pointed this out but them german flags did have sponsors on them - A great idea for any large corporate company looking for some new & unique way to advertise.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Excellent! You running for taoiseach anytime soon. You'd get my vote with those proposals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin View Post
    The German flags were handed out by as people approached their seats thus ensuring everyone had one. They also had thoses massive flags all around the ground before the game, not like in lansdowne having EL flags. Nothing against EL flags but a home international is not the place for it. They also had a band banging drums behind the goal, mind you this spurred on us more than the Germans. Havent seen or heard it on the telly but i reckon we made more noise than them for most of the game, jsut went a bit flat with 15 mins or so to go. Also the level of the music after Germany scored was much louder than youd ever hear in Lansdowne.

Also the late evening kick off is a huge help. We really need to kick off at 8pm on weds and no earlier than 7pm on Sats.
    What's wrong with EL flags?A lot of other countries do it.

The German atmosphere seemed to be awfully staged.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast