Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: European Championships Draw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Don't worry Karlos. Klein4 is anti-everything, pro-nothing. I think most people on this forum have copped onto him at this stage.
    Oh I'm not worrying J.P.M.....!!!

Spare a thought for him, it's not easy trying to hold two contradictory trains of thoughts on separate threads!
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klein4
    so what was all the crap about how kerr got us to a fourth seed????????
    lot of rubbish gets spouted as fact that is never questioned.
    Kerr led us in 2 campaigns

The first was our lowest group finish since 1986 (3rd place). The 2nd equalled the 1986 campaign with a 4th palce finish.

He was judged on results and had to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Don't worry Karlos. Klein4 is anti-everything, pro-nothing. I think most people on this forum have copped onto him at this stage.

Cue the immature reply ...
    well I have a brain and try see things for what they are. the only reason I came on this forum in the first place was cause I saw the usual suspects ganging up on people who held a different view to them. funny now that they are coming out and abusing me. Yes I am anti everything you lot think cause most of it is absolute ******.
    "get rid of kerr cause he is not good enough//staunton is our man cause I want him to do well cause he was a nice guy and he stood up to nasty old keane who was guilty of god forbid actually wanting us to do well
    //
    we have to be qualifying for tournaments so kerr must go cause he didnt qualify- judeged on results and all that.// it is ok if we dont qualify as long as the manager is someone we like//
    we will get a top class coach like hiddink or le guen//we have got the defensive coach of walsall so lets get behind him

robbie keane,john o shea etc are rubbish and should be dropped//(insert name of young player who has played about two games) should be in

anyone who thinks any different gets a tirade of abuse questioning thier right to exist and I would say gets bored like me of having argue with ****ing devoid of a sense of humour "I only talk football" pedantic wreckheads like neilmcd everyday and just give up. so we get the same voices all the time.
    so yeah I am anti stupid ****in knee jerk reactions to everything.

and gspain
    first campaign kerr inherited a team that had lost its first two games against its main rivals. (hammered in Moscow in what was a complete comedy of errors of a preformance) so you are judging him on that? take them 6 points off any of the other managers and I doubt they would have finished 2nd.
    so as a fact that one is a bit misleading.
    second campaign he finished fourth but was in with a shout til the last game. so the position he finished in is not really the same as 86 when we were making up the numbers at the business end of the group.
    no I dont think kerr was the best manager we have ever but if you are goin to get rid of someone at least be honest about it. dont say we want to bring in a top class manager and then bring in the walsall defensive coach.
    I have no problem with people criticising kerr if they apply the same logic to all the other irish managers. but they dont.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

first campaign kerr inherited a team that had lost its first two games against its main rivals. (hammered in Moscow in what was a complete comedy of errors of a preformance) so you are judging him on that? take them 6 points off any of the other managers and I doubt they would have finished 2nd.
    so as a fact that one is a bit misleading.
    second campaign he finished fourth but was in with a shout til the last game. so the position he finished in is not really the same as 86 when we were making up the numbers at the business end of the group.
    no I dont think kerr was the best manager we have ever but if you are goin to get rid of someone at least be honest about it. dont say we want to bring in a top class manager and then bring in the walsall defensive coach.
    I have no problem with people criticising kerr if they apply the same logic to all the other irish managers. but they dont.

Bottom line is we were detereorating rapidly. I think you'd have to agree with that?
    I don't think anyone here was saying Staunton was their first choice appointment, but now that he's in the job everyone may as well back him and the team. On the same note, FAI and delaney certainly could have done things better, so if your anger is directed at them fair enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its not really anger directed at staunton. I just got the impression from the interviews I heard with him and delaney that they have said to him "look we know you are inexperienced but if you mess up your first campaign we are still behind you" which from the point of view of a manger is great but from a fans point of view is not so great in terms of having to sit and watch another tournament during the summer and think "jesus we could do alrite at this if we were here". bottom line is the last two games under kerr we didnt look at the races at all. so Im all for gettin someone better in. but at the moment I dont really share peoples optimism on staunton. but as I have said on all other posts I wish him all the best. why would I want my team to do badly?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir
    11.15 on Friday morning we find out just how tricky the road to er, Switzerland and Austria is going to be.

The UEFA Website reckons it will only take 16 minutes - if thats true i'll eat my trousers.

50 countries will be drawn into 1 group of 8 and 6 groups of 7

The countries have been split into pots as follows

and obviously 1 country from each pot will make up each group.
    The group of 8 will have 2 countries from pot 7.

One change this time is that there will be no playoffs involved and the top 2 in each Group go straight through to the Finals

Games will be played from September 2006 to November 2007

Pretty exciting, huh?
    Anyone know if the draw is on live on the radio?
    MOT

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the uefa site looks like they're about to kick into video/audio action for the draw .... fairly nifty pot-luck graphics:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    whats the odds we draw france again ??? I would be sick of playing them to be honest.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Any chance its on radio one? I remember a few draws in the past being on it.

Just had a look at the pots, pot two is the danger one for me. England and the Nederlands would be the two I'd want to avoid in pot one, think we could give any of the rest a good run for their money. But in pot two, wouldnt fancy, germany, italy, turkey or spain and in pot 3, serbia, russia and ukraine are the ones to avoid i think.

I have a funny feeling we're gonna draw either England or NI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Draw is live on Uefa.com. There is a free video stream.

Bring on the English.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    its not really anger directed at staunton. I just got the impression from the interviews I heard with him and delaney that they have said to him "look we know you are inexperienced but if you mess up your first campaign we are still behind you" which from the point of view of a manger is great but from a fans point of view is not so great in terms of having to sit and watch another tournament during the summer and think "jesus we could do alrite at this if we were here". bottom line is the last two games under kerr we didnt look at the races at all. so Im all for gettin someone better in. but at the moment I dont really share peoples optimism on staunton. but as I have said on all other posts I wish him all the best. why would I want my team to do badly?

Fair Play Klein I agree with most of that post. I was not in favour of getting rid of Kerr just for the sake of it but the team had started to go down hill. I am not overly optmisitic with Staunton however as a fan its my job to be optimistic. Now that he has the job for the next 4 years the best thing that can happen is that he ges teh support of the fans.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I say England is not a bad draw for us either. In a derby match ability sometimes goes out teh window. i.e, Belfast 2005. I think of all the 1st seeds after Greece and Czechs I would fancy the English. They have a better team but in a one off game I think if we made it into a relegation battle we would have a chance of taking points away and maybe winning at home. The away trip would be crap though.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy
    Any chance its on radio one? I remember a few draws in the past being on it.
    I hope so.....I'm heading out to the car now for sports report with Des Cahill...
    "Inflatable hammers and Leprechaun suits, & a chorus of "Here we go" or Olé, Olé"....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    San Marino, Cyprus, Estonia, Ireland, Slovakia, Poland, Greece.

That might be a handy enough group for us - not great for the finances though.

Anyway, draw is about to start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=klein4]well I have a brain and try see things for what they are. the only reason I came on this forum in the first place was cause I saw the usual suspects ganging up on people who held a different view to them. funny now that they are coming out and abusing me. Yes I am anti everything you lot think cause most of it is absolute ******.
    "get rid of kerr cause he is not good enough//staunton is our man cause I want him to do well cause he was a nice guy and he stood up to nasty old keane who was guilty of god forbid actually wanting us to do well
    //
    we have to be qualifying for tournaments so kerr must go cause he didnt qualify- judeged on results and all that.// it is ok if we dont qualify as long as the manager is someone we like//
    we will get a top class coach like hiddink or le guen//we have got the defensive coach of walsall so lets get behind him

robbie keane,john o shea etc are rubbish and should be dropped//(insert name of young player who has played about two games) should be in

anyone who thinks any different gets a tirade of abuse questioning thier right to exist and I would say gets bored like me of having argue with ****ing devoid of a sense of humour "I only talk football" pedantic wreckheads like neilmcd everyday and just give up. so we get the same voices all the time.
    so yeah I am anti stupid ****in knee jerk reactions to everything.

He I was in support of keane in Saipan

I was in favour of kerr getting the job

I was unsure if getting rid of Kerr was the right choice but I could understand why it went.

I was not in favour of Staunton getting the job but now that he is in the job he shoudl get 2 campaigns like the previous managers. I will support him as he is Ireland manager and has not done anything that deserves a sacking yet.

I have been one of Robbie Keans biggest supporter and I have very rarely come on here and slagged John O Shea but I dont think he has fulfilled his potential for Ireland or Utd.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    forget it niall. we are never goin to agree and its boring at this stage. now be a valued member of the forum and post up the draw for people who dont have access to it

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agree with most of this Klein.
    However, I'm sure if he messes up first campaign real bad, it will be an uphill balttle against fans/ media. As seen with Mccarthy and Kerr ( and Souness' present situation now at newcastle is another example off top of head), once the daggers are out and the tide is against you, its very hard to turn it around. I think everyone is looking for progress from last campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    anyone got a link to the draw ... those other links only bring you the UEFA page ..

edit: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/f...ls/4650140.stm

the beeb are doing it too
    Last edited by macdermesser; 27/01/2006 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    http://www.uefa.com/live/competition...raw_basic.html is the page with the draw live
    There's a link to the audio feed, but it's very dodgy connection, any other radio stations carrying it?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macdermesser
    anyone got a link to the draw ... those other links only bring you the UEFA page ..
    On the left hand side of UEFA page, click live 2008 draw...
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast