Thread: Beeslow Ah-So, The Japs are comin'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Beeslow Ah-So, The Japs are comin'

Ballinasloe cheers Japanese jobs boost

January 12, 2006 15:48
    Two west of Ireland towns - Ballinasloe, in Co Galway, and Westport, in Co Mayo - are to get almost 150 new jobs in a further expansion of the country's growing medical devices manufacturing sector.

The jobs are being created by Japanese and US companies. Community leaders in Ballinasloe have described the news as the first major industrial boost for the town in over 10 years.

Today's announcement by the Japanese USCI company will go some way towards turning the tide after a stream of closures in recent years. It is to create 125 new jobs in Ballinasloe in a new medical devices plant, supported by IDA Ireland. 20% of the new jobs at the €10m plant will be involved in research, with the rest in manufacturing. It is understood the town beat off tough international competition (including Sligo LOL) to win the new industry.

USCI's chief executive Michael Van Zandt said Ballinasloe stood out due to the availability of a highly skilled workforce, the extensive medical technology expertise in the area and the business friendly environment.

Meanwhile US company Advanced Medical Optics is expected to increase its staff levels at its Westport facility from 40 to 60 this year

Great news.........badly needed. Good luck to Westport too.

Any news from other Footypersons on your area regarding jobs????

Hamish Hamona Kazuna

PS - wonder will they be bringing over any Geisha Girls???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Great news for that area. My only concern is that they will be manufacturing 'medical devices' in Ballinasloe! Time to hide the sheep.

PS - wonder will they be bringing over any Geisha Girls???
    Geisha just gotta wait and see.

Taxi.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish
    Great news for that area. My only concern is that they will be manufacturing 'medical devices' in Ballinasloe! Time to hide the sheep

Geisha just gotta wait and see.

Taxi.
    We were waiting on this good news to be confirmed over the past few weeks allright strangeirish.

Good geisha pun there.

Trying hard to think of a few ones myself.

Seriously though, wonder what kind of medical devices they will be making??

Please, will ewe leave the sheep jokes out of it, people will start to believe it LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhamish
    Seriously though, wonder what kind of medical devices they will be making??
    I hope it's nothing like this.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish
    I hope it's nothing like this.
    LOL I hope it IS

or something like these

http://www.freddyandeddy.com/store/U...ing_Stand.html

That'd go nice in the back garden on a nice summer's day.

http://www.freddyandeddy.com/store/O...inner_Kit.html

WTF is that when it's at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    LOL I hope it IS

or something like these

http://www.freddyandeddy.com/store/U...ing_Stand.html

That'd go nice in the back garden on a nice summer's day.

http://www.freddyandeddy.com/store/O...inner_Kit.html

WTF is that when it's at home.
    LMFAO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Janey Mack strangeirish - we were closer to the truth than we realised. Think it's gonna make these things.

http://www.malecare.org/nr551580.jpg

http://www.albertapork.com/Uploads/w...d-Catheter.jpg

http://www.shapetomorrow.com/portfol...IScatheter.jpg

Of all the feckin' jobs we get it had to be making these things - now we'll never stop, literally, getting the p!ss pulled out of us.

New sign as you enter town
    Welcome to Ballinaschlong

Medical instrument firm to create 125 new jobs
    12/01/2006 - 18:59:53

A Japanese medical technology company is set to create 125 new jobs in a €10m investment in Co Galway, it was announced today.

USCI (Universal Sciences Catheter and Instruments) Japan will establish a research, manufacturing and distribution centre for its vascular products at Ballinasloe.

Around 20% of the jobs will be in research and development, with the rest in high-level manufacturing.

The investment is being facilitated by development agency IDA Ireland.

Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment Micheál Martin said the announcement was excellent news for Ballinasloe.

“The high-quality employment USCI will provide and its spending on salaries, goods and services will be a real boost to the area.

“USCI represents another important component in the expansive medical technologies infrastructure in Ireland and continues our aim to broaden the cluster of such companies in the BMW region,” he said.

Michael D Van Zandt, president and chief executive of USCI Japan, said: “Our primary goal in establishing this centre is to take advantage of the unique opportunity of directly linking the medical technology expertise of the west of Ireland with Japan, the most demanding and most sought-after market for the medical technology industry globally.

“Having researched a number of potential locations around the world for this investment we decided on Ireland.

“Ballinasloe stood out as the ideal choice due to the availability of the highly skilled workforce and management, the extensive medical technology expertise in the area, and the business-friendly environment.

“Thanks to the Ballinasloe location, we have been able to attract an extremely talented Irish management team, and look forward to the ongoing recruitment of equally talented people in line with our business plan,” he said.

Medical instrument firm to create 125 new jobs
    12/01/2006 - 18:59:53

A Japanese medical technology company is set to create 125 new jobs in a €10m investment in Co Galway, it was announced today.

USCI (Universal Sciences Catheter and Instruments) Japan will establish a research, manufacturing and distribution centre for its vascular products at Ballinasloe.

Around 20% of the jobs will be in research and development, with the rest in high-level manufacturing.

The investment is being facilitated by development agency IDA Ireland.

Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment Micheál Martin said the announcement was excellent news for Ballinasloe.

“The high-quality employment USCI will provide and its spending on salaries, goods and services will be a real boost to the area.

“USCI represents another important component in the expansive medical technologies infrastructure in Ireland and continues our aim to broaden the cluster of such companies in the BMW region,” he said.

Michael D Van Zandt, president and chief executive of USCI Japan, said: “Our primary goal in establishing this centre is to take advantage of the unique opportunity of directly linking the medical technology expertise of the west of Ireland with Japan, the most demanding and most sought-after market for the medical technology industry globally.

“Having researched a number of potential locations around the world for this investment we decided on Ireland.

“Ballinasloe stood out as the ideal choice due to the availability of the highly skilled workforce and management, the extensive medical technology expertise in the area, and the business-friendly environment.

“Thanks to the Ballinasloe location, we have been able to attract an extremely talented Irish management team, and look forward to the ongoing recruitment of equally talented people in line with our business plan,” he sai

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    “Thanks to the Ballinasloe location, we have been able to attract an extremely talented Irish management team, and look forward to the ongoing recruitment of equally talented people in line with our business plan,” he sai
    If a GM has been appointed, I hope his first name is not Richard!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    (including Sligo LOL)
    OH...so close to getting a job,a well,back to the pub.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stars
    I was just hoping sligoman might come across this thread, The Stars, I'm always slagging him and vice versa
    I added in the Sligo bit

All good natured stuff BTW

No malice intended

ever

Honestly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I was just hoping sligoman might come across this thread
    , I would do no such thing!
    I'm always slagging him and vice versa
    I don't know what you are talking about sirhamish, I don't think I've ever even spoken to you on here before?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    , I would do no such thing!I don't know what you are talking about sirhamish, I don't think I've ever even spoken to you on here before?
    and I'm supposed to make a dirty meaning of everything???

I meant we're always slagging each other on all threads. Ditto Green Tribe, Anto McC etc etc.
    Ph I get ya - playing innocent are we??

There is no such thing as an innocent Sligoman.

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stars

see you there

once im 18 im going on the dole...ill get paid more and my self asteem will be higher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    He'll be happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wild rover

once im 18 im going on the dole...ill get paid more and my self asteem will be higher

Another man from Sligo who's great creac - Jaysus Sligo is turning into a town full of comedians.

Navan, you've got competition.