Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Kildare County - signing

Neil

Kildare County - signing

FAI Cup legend John Ryan has signed for new Kildare County boss Dermot Keely.

The Meath based striker has made the move to Newbridge from Dundalk and will be a key component in Keely's plans to win promotion from the eircom League's First Division at the first attempt.

John Ryan signs for new Kildare boss Keely (Sportsfile)
    Ryan was in the Dundalk squad that won this year's FAI Cup final against Bohemians but will be best remembered for his hat-trick for Bray in the 1990 final against St Francis.

"This is a new start for soccer in Kildare, a new start for Dermot and a new start for me," said Ryan.

"I am delighted to be part of this exciting new development in Kildare. I had a long chat with Dermot and his enthusiasm and ambition is infectious.

"I am really looking forward to working with him and to playing for Kildare. These are exciting times for the new club and it's great to be a part of it."

Keely's appointment to the eircom League's newest club was formally announced at a press conference on Sunday.

"This is an exciting job for me. Unique because we are starting from scratch but maybe that was what attracted me to Kildare County FC, the fact that it's an opportunity to have an influence on the start of something with such enormous potential," said Keely.

Kildare County FC's arrival onto the eircom League scene is a massive boost to soccer in the district and is the natural progression after several milestones in the game in the Thoroughbred County.

"Soccer is growing at an enormous rate in the county and the emergence of Kildare County FC as an eircom League club is a fantastic boost to everybody involved in the game in the county," said KDSL director Pat McNally.

"The appointment of such a highly-regarded figure as Dermot Keely to the manager's position will add to the excitement this project has already generated."

The cornerstone of Kildare County FC's ethos will be to reach out to the whole county - and they've made enormous strides in that direction by guaranteeing a place on the board to both the KDSL and the KDFL, which means that every club in the county has the opportunity to feel a part of the new eircom League club.

"This project is for all of Kildare soccer," said Celbridge-based Kildare County FC chairman Pat O'Hanlon.

"Soccer is hugely popular throughout the entire county and we want to take the club to the four corners of Kildare."

Kildare County FC will play its home matches at Station Road, Newbridge. Saturday night will be eircom League night in the county and their first competitive game is scheduled for July 6 against Cobh Ramblers.

[from]

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Kildare County - signing

Originally posted by Neil
    Kildare County FC will play its home matches at Station Road, Newbridge. Saturday night will be eircom League night in the county and their first competitive game is scheduled for July 6 against Cobh Ramblers.

[from] [/B]
    does that mean they have floodlights, or are they talking about a 6.00pm kick-off or something?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not to rubbish John Ryan but in the premier division this year he was past it. The heart was there but the body couldn't compete with the level of play. If this is the level of signings they are going to have a hard road ahead.
    J Murtha
    The Burbank Lilywhite
    The Pride Of The San Fernando Valley
    :D

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hopefully Kildare can gain promotion cause it will be a real handy away trip from Cork - the train station is right by the ground (as you've probably already guessed).
    Effenberg played like my grandmother!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Seanie
    the train station is right by the ground (as you've probably already guessed).
    Isnt that Newbridge FC or something like that? If its the one Im thinking about, the training (no pun intended) facilities look good, but where's the stand?
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i guess anything is better than another Dublin team. The more teams outside the pale the better for football in this country as far as i'm concearned.

All they do is b!tch and gripe with each other and its bringing the league down.

Good luck to Kildare/waterford/harps/sligo next year for promotion i say

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I WAS ON THE TRAIN TO LIMERICK LAST WEEK AND TRYING TO CRANE MY NECK TO GET A LOOK AT THE GROUND - PITCH LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH FROM WHERE I WAS SITTING AND IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS A STAND THERE ALREADY ON ONE SIDE OF THE GROUND. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS?? IS IT A DECENT STAND?? DOES IT HAVE SEATS??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Ranting Rover, turn your Caps Lock off when posting on Foot.ie please.

Thanks,
    adam

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Pablo
    The more teams outside the pale
    I thought Kildare was in the Pale- might as well be