Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Irish Midfield

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Irish Midfield

With keane out for the two qualifiers in October.. I think Kerr should go with Kavanagh and Holland against Cyprus, and if it works try it again against the swiss.. We cannot afford to play Kilbane, for all his industry, his sloppiness on the ball in the centre of midfield with no Roy Keane providing a mopping up service is potentially too risky, Kilbanes form has dropped badly this season and he is no longer a regular at Everton ( he played for 10 minutes last nite against arsenal)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Bites
    With keane out for the two qualifiers in October.. I think Kerr should go with Kavanagh and Holland against Cyprus, and if it works try it again against the swiss.. We cannot afford to play Kilbane, for all his industry, his sloppiness on the ball in the centre of midfield with no Roy Keane providing a mopping up service is potentially too risky, Kilbanes form has dropped badly this season and he is no longer a regular at Everton ( he played for 10 minutes last nite against arsenal)
    We'd need a more adventurous pairing against Cyprus, KAv + Holland is too defensive. I'd start with Kavanagh and Steven Reid, then bring on Holland for Reid for the last 20 minutes or so to see how him and Kav play together (assuming we're in control of the game at that point)
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    what is Steven Reid's best position? I'd have him in the team over Kilbane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982
    what is Steven Reid's best position? I'd have him in the team over Kilbane
    Hughes is playing him on the right of a central midfield 3, but he has been pushing forward in the games too, been robbed for a goal on at least 3 occasions I can think of
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979
    Hughes is playing him on the right of a central midfield 3, but he has been pushing forward in the games too, been robbed for a goal on at least 3 occasions I can think of
    I do not watch many premiership games, am a bit out of the loop, but have managed to catch two Blackburn games this season. I was impressed with Reid and remember thinking to myself why isn,t this guy getting his game for Ireland. He seems to be a tough, ballsy player with a ferociuos shot when he gets in range of goal. Now that Roy is injured I would like to see Reid get a start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnySweeney
    I do not watch many premiership games, am a bit out of the loop, but have managed to catch two Blackburn games this season. I was impressed with Reid and remember thinking to myself why isn,t this guy getting his game for Ireland. He seems to be a tough, ballsy player with a ferociuos shot when he gets in range of goal. Now that Roy is injured I would like to see Reid get a start.
    Roy being injured doesn't really change anything. Its a choice between Reid and Kilbane in the centre or Reid and A.Reid on the right. If anything, Keane's injury would be bad for Reid's chances as Kerr would want to change as little as possible meaning Kilbane should definitely start.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    its a depressing thought to think an average work horse like kilbane is our best option in midfield..god be with the days when we had players like townsend, whelan, mcgrath, brady, and keane.......