Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: top 3 Limerick moments.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts

top 3 Limerick moments.

As I've mentioned before on this forum, I've lived in Japan for 4 years now, but still follow the Blues keenly. As I sit in my office in Yokohama, I drift back to Rathbane and past "glories". Today, I tried to come up with my top 3 Limerick moments, and I thought other fans might want to do the same.

3rd favourite moment......Tony Izzi's four goal haul, still a record I think.

2nd........................Big Sam scoring a diving header against St. James' Gate (the only goal of the game), and, down on his knees, "walking" to the 5 or 6 fans behind the goal, arms open to receive their adulation.

1st....................Fran Hitchcock going into goal after Brian McKenna had been sent off, and successfully seeing off two penalty attempts by the same Drogheda player.

(it was hard not to include Barry Ryan's goal after 7 or 8 seconda against Kilkenny City, also still a League Record, and a moment I was priveleged to see.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i remember an away game against cobh a few years back when one of our boys was down injured and danger our physio sprinting across the pitch with a medical bag in each hand and his pockets full of cans of spray only for his pants to fall down when he got halfway across but fair play he carried on running with his pants around his ankles til he got to our player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lim abroad
    i remember an away game against cobh a few years back when one of our boys was down injured and danger our physio sprinting across the pitch with a medical bag in each hand and his pockets full of cans of spray only for his pants to fall down when he got halfway across but fair play he carried on running with his pants around his ankles til he got to our player
    That was a 21's game....'Danger' aka Pat O'Neill was the physio...good laugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    trust me it was a senior game,tommy lynch was manager and we won 3-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'd agree with you on number 1...

Quote Originally Posted by osarusan
    As I've mentioned before on this forum, I've lived in Japan for 4 years now, but still follow the Blues keenly. As I sit in my office in Yokohama, I drift back to Rathbane and past "glories". Today, I tried to come up with my top 3 Limerick moments, and I thought other fans might want to do the same.

3rd favourite moment......Tony Izzi's four goal haul, still a record I think.

2nd........................Big Sam scoring a diving header against St. James' Gate (the only goal of the game), and, down on his knees, "walking" to the 5 or 6 fans behind the goal, arms open to receive their adulation.

1st....................Fran Hitchcock going into goal after Brian McKenna had been sent off, and successfully seeing off two penalty attempts by the same Drogheda player.

(it was hard not to include Barry Ryan's goal after 7 or 8 seconda against Kilkenny City, also still a League Record, and a moment I was priveleged to see.)

Did Fran Hitchcock do a number of cats tumbles with the ball in his hands after saving the first penalty that day or is that Thomas Ravelli i'm thinkin of?? 1-0 a Kevin McCarthy winner if my memory serves me correct with Craig and McKenna gettin sent off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lim abroad
    trust me it was a senior game,tommy lynch was manager and we won 3-1
    I take your word on it, but something similar happened at a 21's game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

kabia

and when he got to the injured player he let a foul mouted rasist volley off at the offending player (Jason Kabia) Always wondered why Kabia never signed for us