Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Atmostphere at Lansdowne road

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atmostphere at Lansdowne road

First of all can I congratulate the fans for the wonderful support given to our team on Wednesday. We were that 12th man...

As for the FAI efforts were they not pathetic... The PA system for starters - I took an interest in it before the game and at half time - It was only farcical, Ive heard louder noise at church! So much for all the efforts we made to get a decent Irish song used. PATHETIC

Any one notice the Irish flag on the official flag pole - as one paper said yesterday, a child on st patricks day would be carrrying bigger. Em, dont we own a decent size flag, FAI? Pathetic

Where were all the flag wavers and 'airmen' that weve had at previous games. cost to much FAI, PATHETIC

Use of a dedicated singer to sing our anthem ,,,, no,,, ok PATHETIC

We did our thing to support the team, FAI, well, I rest my case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The Hats RTE sport handed out were a nice touch, as were the Eircom banners (which looked well as the teams came out). It helped add colour, and right around the stadium there was a lot of Green on show which was great.

It's the best atmosphere I've experienced in Landsdowne in a long long time.

We definitely did our part.

I think it's better to let the crowd sing the anthem though than giving it to a single singer with a mic though, it lends to the atmosphere and IMO encourages people to sing louder.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegan
    First of all can I congratulate the fans for the wonderful support given to our team on Wednesday. We were that 12th man...

As for the FAI efforts were they not pathetic... The PA system for starters - I took an interest in it before the game and at half time - It was only farcical, Ive heard louder noise at church! So much for all the efforts we made to get a decent Irish song used. PATHETIC

Any one notice the Irish flag on the official flag pole - as one paper said yesterday, a child on st patricks day would be carrrying bigger. Em, dont we own a decent size flag, FAI? Pathetic

Where were all the flag wavers and 'airmen' that weve had at previous games. cost to much FAI, PATHETIC

Use of a dedicated singer to sing our anthem ,,,, no,,, ok PATHETIC

We did our thing to support the team, FAI, well, I rest my case
    FAI = Failure

i couldnt belive the size of our flag. disgusted

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought it was disgracful that while the Carlsberg band (or whoever) were marching around the pitch at half time to generate some noise and entertain the supporters, the bloody PA system was belting out Christy Moore. The PA announced the band and asked for support as they marched around and then proceeded to put on some tunes! Unbelievable! Get it right lads, one or the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover 2 U
    I thought it was disgracful that while the Carlsberg band (or whoever) were marching around the pitch at half time to generate some noise and entertain the supporters, the bloody PA system was belting out Christy Moore. The PA announced the band and asked for support as they marched around and then proceeded to put on some tunes! Unbelievable! Get it right lads, one or the other.
    Commented on this at the time, agree 100%.

As I said we did our part, but the FAI can't even run a home match properly
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I wasn't at the game so maybe its not my place to comment but from what I saw on telly the athmosphere at Windsor Park was far superior to Lansdowne. Their stands were absolutely hopping while alot of the people in Lansdowne seemed to be of the yuppie, day trip variety

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die
    Their stands were absolutely hopping while alot of the people in Lansdowne seemed to be of the yuppie, day trip variety
    I have to disagree with you there. From what I could see the 'suits' did their part too. Didnt see many of them around at all. I even heard the upper west start a tune at one stage
    Resign, now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Still don't think Lansdowne Road has an intimidating athmosphere tho. Not by a long, long shot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Run
    I have to disagree with you there. From what I could see the 'suits' did their part too. Didnt see many of them around at all. I even heard the upper west start a tune at one stage
    I always sit in the upper west and its usually alright at the part that is near the north terace
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die
    I wasn't at the game so maybe its not my place to comment but from what I saw on telly the athmosphere at Windsor Park was far superior to Lansdowne. Their stands were absolutely hopping while alot of the people in Lansdowne seemed to be of the yuppie, day trip variety
    Winsdor was buzzing before during and after the game , it was quite ironic to see the Nordies with green wigs and their faces painted green but fair play to them they created one hell of a atmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonred
    Winsdor was buzzing before during and after the game , it was quite ironic to see the Nordies with green wigs and their faces painted green but fair play to them they created one hell of a atmosphere.
    Yep I'd swear I saw one fella in a leprechaun hat taking part in an Ulllllster chant Fairplay to the planters they do good athmosphere, now if only we could get them to follow the Republic aswell

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have to say the atmosphere was great and I was in the French end which was full of Irish......

One of the funnier moments was outside Beggars Bush pub when the French team bus went by. It was packed ouside the pub at that stage & the abuse and chanting at the bus was incredible. I looked along the bus at all the players who looked genuinely freaked out..... EXCEPT Zindane who was on his own at the back of the bus p!ssin himself laughing, very funny moment, of course the bus would of got the same abuse 30 seconds later outside slatterys!
    Last edited by Tram_14; 09/09/2005 at 5:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    i was outside the wellington n that loner zidane was at the back laffing his head off on his mobile fone 2 someone at the crowds takin the pis* n domenech was waving till he realised he wasnt gettin a greeting, was mad craic

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    domenech was waving till he realised he wasnt gettin a greeting, was mad craic
    Classic!

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Atmosphere

Good alright, even the West Suits weren't the worst. But in fairness, that entrance music is so lame its unbelievable! I think its track no:14 on "Synthesiser Magic", not available in the shops.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    The Carlsberg Band aren't even a band insofar as they don't play the instruments. They just walk around holding them for no apparent reason.

The FAI are clowns.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.