Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Matches weekend 17/18th February 2023

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    He’s been around long enough to know that’s not on CJ, but the laws now are mental. Fella shouting in your face and it’s a soft push away? Reds should be for genuine injury causing tackles, or my pet hate, the lad who screams goes down clutching head or leg and jumps up no bother once he’s got his free, hate that.( a speciality of your own g o neill btw). A return to the days of yellow card for good dig and red for day ending clatter is preferred but cheating pretending ****es should always get walked on.
    Agree with what you say the law is metal but it’s the law and that’s why I described him as a moron …. Still it’s great to be back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    He’s been around long enough to know that’s not on CJ, but the laws now are mental. Fella shouting in your face and it’s a soft push away?
    Aye, agreed. I'd barely yellow for it, but the red was the correct call.
    Just wondering if he'll now be given a few extra games suspension. Chatting to others, and we weren't really sure how it worked.

Here's what the rules say:
    Quote Originally Posted by FAI Rulebook
    Including the automatic suspension incurred, the overall suspension imposed on any Player receiving a
    direct red card shall be for:
    a) at least one match for denying the opposing team a clear goal-scoring opportunity (particularly by
    deliberately handling the ball);
    b) at least one match for unsporting conduct.
    c) at least two matches for serious foul play (particularly in the case of the use of excessive or brute
    force);
    d) at least three matches for assaulting (deliberately pushing, pulling, striking, butting, elbowing, punching,
    kicking etc. Touching is not an assault) an opponent or a person other than a Match Official;
    e) at least six matches for assaulting by spitting at an opponent or a person other than a Match Official.
    f) at least 12 months for assaulting (deliberately pushing, pulling, spitting, striking, butting, elbowing,
    punching, kicking etc. Touching is not an assault) a Match Official.
    Going by that, it's (d). It is a 'deliberate push ', but that's be a ridiculously harsh sanction for what was involved.
    Maybe it depends on what the ref's report says. It might be (b)?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Should be B, but robably D, ie 3 matches. Daft stuff. I feel they should talk to the ref and whoever is the official observer and decide after that. I’ve no love for lopes(hahaha) but 3 game ban would be mental, there simply was a fairly non aggressive pushing thing going on.( can’t believe I’m defending the Judas **** btw)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Early days yet and I don’t want to get too ahead of myself but I definitely think we are going to win the league.

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Bohs fans are invited to Dalymount this afternoon for an opportunity to have their picture taken with the league table.

A half decent start to the league by Rovers at best last night - we had control of the game for 60 mins but the usual LOI bog standard officiating put a stop to that and the ref had no control over the game for the last half an hour.
    Poom like the looked lost in midfield and once Gaffney & Burke went off we looked toothless up front.
    Sligo will struggle this season if they don't find a striker imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Not really breaking any news here, but we're going to be pretty bad this season. Just a lot of young lads who currently aren't up to the level of the division, and chances are a lot of them never will be up to the level.

Then of our more experienced players, Elworthy is still good but Verdon never has been good enough.

Lynch up top a bright spark last night and I didn't understand why he was taken off when he was, unless he was carrying a knock or something. Giurgi on the right delivered a few cracking crosses but looked a little lightweight too.

All in all, it's not great to have it back, contrary to popular belief.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Bohs fans are invited to Dalymount this afternoon for an opportunity to have their picture taken with the league table.

A half decent start to the league by Rovers at best last night - we had control of the game for 60 mins but the usual LOI bog standard officiating put a stop to that and the ref had no control over the game for the last half an hour.
    Poom like the looked lost in midfield and once Gaffney & Burke went off we looked toothless up front.
    Sligo will struggle this season if they don't find a striker imo.
    We had plenty of chances throughout the first half as well but unable to finish. Red card obviously had an impact but I thought Bradley made poor substitutions there last night Rory Gaffney substitution changed the game well before the red card. Kenny was bullied when he came on, hardly got a touch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Rovers v Rovers highlights are available.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...AQKvBNEGiejfeA

First Division goals are available but not for Wexford v Waterford.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...NKb6bRUtHznItH

The Irish Independent had a review of the opening night.
    https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...-42347886.html
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Kenny looked absolutely awful. Will call it now be playing Irish league in 12 months.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I think we could be in for a long season. Though I don't want to be too hard on a very young team.
    AD was awful poor. Not impressed with what I saw. Fair play to SH to apologise to where we were for the performance.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Kenny looked absolutely awful. Will call it now be playing Irish league in 12 months.
    plenty of time for him yet given his age. wont be an international player or anything mind, not near that bracket of player.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    AD was awful poor. Not impressed with what I saw. Fair play to SH to apologise to where we were for the performance.
    He was but Verdon was worse. That penalty was terrible. We need those two to lead the young lads.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Only saw last 20 of Sligo R v Rovers game, looked a right ding dong battle, thought hoops would hold out but it was relentless from Sligo, liked the way they went wide and kept it on the deck last 10.

Seems mad only one win in 5 games and Bohs sitting pretty, can't comment as didn't see any other games yet so not sure what others thought if they were fair results, but the one in Oriel Park was, UCD were full value for their point, they are very well organised and worked their socks off, yes we missed a pen, but didn't do enough to win it.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Aye, agreed. I'd barely yellow for it, but the red was the correct call.
    Just wondering if he'll now be given a few extra games suspension. Chatting to others, and we weren't really sure how it worked.

Here's what the rules say:

Going by that, it's (d). It is a 'deliberate push ', but that's be a ridiculously harsh sanction for what was involved.
    Maybe it depends on what the ref's report says. It might be (b)?
    Yeah must be (d) if anything but if we are categorizing a hair ruffling under "assault" now I'm not sure I want to be a (completely insignificant) part of this sport anymore! To rub salt in it they ignored the Sligo right back elbowing Burt in the face. Woke up today and saw the lad getting sent off for celebrating a goal in the other game.....Christ on a bike the rules need a gutting.

Sligo probably deserved a point based mainly on the first 20 minutes or so. They created better chances. Keena would have had them ahead. We were poor until we scored and very comfortable from there until the hair tousling. Played the last half hour with 8 men really and they took advantage. Poom was doing some of Sligo's best work, breaking up our play and recycling the ball brilliant for them. Kenny was as anonymous as he used to be playing against us but it was a tough ask.

Great to be back. Should be a good season. Derry look like the most balanced squad to me so far. Sligo should be in the race for Europe. Comfortably so if Mata starts finishing. He was lively.
    Last edited by ontheotherhand; 19/02/2023 at 7:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Only one game but we looked in a lot better physical condition then last season and certainly played better then in any of the games against Shams last season. Wouldn’t be so quick to be writing JK off.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    The Cobh manager admitted that Kerry should have had a penalty for handball. The ref then gave Cobh a free for a handball when the hands were in a natural body position. The ref obviously wanted to give Kerry a welcome to the First Division level standard of refereeing!

Clear free kick alright. Well taken.
    I was at the game myself. Tale of two halves with Kerry playing into a gale like wind in the first and Cobh second.

Kerry defended very well and a bit of class from Jack Doherty set up the first goal right before half time.

Kerry dominated most the second half, went close on a few occasions and a ball cleared off the line. Absolute stone wall penalty in front of the linesman to everyone’s disbelief!

Well done to Cobh but I have to say I was most please to see Kerry actually compete and give it a right go! I think they will learn a lot with every game and get better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Wexford v Waterford goals have added to FAITV.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...NKb6bRUtHznItH

Kerry v Cobh has seen the most First Division views so far. Cork v Bohs has seen the most Premier Division views so far.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    RTÉ podcast review of the weekends action.
    https://youtu.be/qizqFco76wQ

Timestamps for this week's episode are in the description box under the video.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234