Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Evan Ferguson F Brighton b.2004

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    786 Posts
    Because this is an Irish football forum. I couldn't give a toss what Billy Gilmore or whoever did or didn't do!
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Because this is an Irish football forum. I couldn't give a toss what Billy Gilmore or whoever did or didn't do!
    So you use an Irish supporters discussion forum to isolate and focus blame on a 19 year old Irish player where a manager & entire squad have turned European form into relegation form. Classy stuff there.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts
    You did get the " feel " that De Zerbi would be on his way at the end of the season ~ ~ Interesting how it all works out at Brighton this summer and next season and for the Irish players there.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    786 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    So you use an Irish supporters discussion forum to isolate and focus blame on a 19 year old Irish player where a manager & entire squad have turned European form into relegation form. Classy stuff there.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I did. When I said on a thread specifically about Evan Ferguson that his run of poor form in front of goal and misfortune with injury didn't help Brighton's season as it went on, clearly I was "using an Irish supporters discussion forum to isolate and focus blame on a 19 year old Irish player where a manager & entire squad have turned European form into relegation form." Jesus wept.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    868 Posts
    I actually think that Ferguson could be a big reason that Di Zerbi has been moved on. Who's more important to the owners, a manager or an asset that showed signs that he could be worth 100 million quid to them. Ferguson didn't perform well in 2nd half of the season and maybe the manager wasn't getting the best out of him. From a business point of view that's a big saleable asset that is devalued and the owners might think a different manager could do better with the kid
    Its really not that complicated!!!

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    You did get the " feel " that De Zerbi would be on his way at the end of the season ~ ~ Interesting how it all works out at Brighton this summer and next season and for the Irish players there.
    Brighton's season degenerated into a team that wasn't scoring nearly enough goals while conceding almost every game they played. Mitoma was a huge loss. This summer will be very interesting.

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Yeah, that's exactly what I did. When I said on a thread specifically about Evan Ferguson that his run of poor form in front of goal and misfortune with injury didn't help Brighton's season as it went on, clearly I was "using an Irish supporters discussion forum to isolate and focus blame on a 19 year old Irish player where a manager & entire squad have turned European form into relegation form." Jesus wept.
    Its been pretty clear for months De Zerbi is a bit of an ar se biscuit of a human and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was a far from ideal environment he created for Fergusons development & for all the players, time will tell. Ferguson also wrote off his season prematurely after having tried to play through an injury for some time.

But skip all that Eirambler and find a weird angle to attack Ferguson for not having saved yer mans job for him. Great stuff.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    786 Posts
    Please stop digging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Attack the post CTP, not the poster

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    When you want to be a top 10 PL side and Danny Welbeck is you're starting CF then you know you're in trouble, Brighton have totally made the right call.

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Maybe I'm a biased Ireland supporter (I am) but honestly the environment became so bad for Ferguson to thrive. A heatmap would show Brighton and their shuffling of the ball in and around the centre circle all game long. The amount of backwards and sideways passes Dunk and Gilmour were engaging in was mad. I think Dunk was and may still be up the top of successful passes listing in the league. The style of play allied with the man management of Ferguson which, from the outside looking in, seemed weird would be enough for me to conclude this is good for Ferguson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Maybe I'm a biased Ireland supporter (I am) but honestly the environment became so bad for Ferguson to thrive. A heatmap would show Brighton and their shuffling of the ball in and around the centre circle all game long. The amount of backwards and sideways passes Dunk and Gilmour were engaging in was mad. I think Dunk was and may still be up the top of successful passes listing in the league. The style of play allied with the man management of Ferguson which, from the outside looking in, seemed weird would be enough for me to conclude this is good for Ferguson.
    I agree Ole. I think DeZerbi is a bit of a spoofer as I’ve pointed out on here a few times. His squad management in general is really haphazard and his in game management seems almost unsettling. Although I watch them for Ferguson, I see the impacts of his approach applied way beyond just him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts
    Let's hope Brighton get a good manager ~ For the sake of the Irish players there.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    786 Posts
    McKenna will be high on their shortlist I'd say. Looking less and less likely that he'll still be at Ipswich next season. You'd fear for Ipswich in the Premier League without him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts
    McKenna will be high on their shortlist I'd say. Looking less and less likely that he'll still be at Ipswich next season. You'd fear for Ipswich in the Premier League without him.
    Even with McKenna ~ The premier league would be a tough assignment.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    When you want to be a top 10 PL side and Danny Welbeck is you're starting CF then you know you're in trouble, Brighton have totally made the right call.
    And yet Wellbeck is the second choice striker at the club, behind Joao Pedro. Puts Ferguson's place in the team in perspective, doesn't it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Let's hope Brighton get a good manager ~ For the sake of the Irish players there.
    Might be Nice's Francesco Farioli
    OGC Nice establish shortlist to replace Brighton and Ajax target Francesco Farioli - Get French Football News (getfootballnewsfrance.com)

21. Thanks From:

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243