Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: England V Republic of Ireland - Thursday, 12th November 2020 - Friendly

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    football is a place where people express their thoughts about any issue because the exposure is huge. Im more offended by the way we played yesterday,,,,, than all the politics surrounding the game. I understand that football/soccer and politics are cousins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    I've moved the meta-discussion of moderation to rubbish.

A level-headed discussion of the kneeling and all that is fine. I'd suggest it'd be better in its own thread, but knock yourselves out.

3. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    The more I think about it, Kenny's eagerness and self belief to take the job at this point in time could be his greatest undoing. Had he stuck with the 21s, qualified them and had a good tournament hed have tournament experienced players, then more than ever ready to step up to senior men's football, he'd have been lauded for qualifying them and getting them to play well whilst doing so. Had they performed well at the tournament it was a complete win win for him.

But his over eagerness to get the top job at the wrong time could see him going the way of kerr
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I see that Stutts brought up goal keeper. I think we need to start thinking about giving game time to someone else, but I dont think the right keeper is in the squad. I would have promoted Bazunu to the seniors and left Kelleher with the 21s. It simply down to playing football. Ive seen no Rochdale games so I dont know how hes doing but since no one else is actually playing football he jumps to top of the queue by default.
    I think that sums up quite nicely where we are. I don't disagree with you on Bazunu in for Kelleher - like you, I've not really seen either play - but the impact it would make on the overall squad is surely negligible. That's not to say it's the wrong thing to do; just that the weaknesses we have at this stage are so large that they're really not easy to overcome.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I think that sums up quite nicely where we are. I don't disagree with you on Bazunu in for Kelleher - like you, I've not really seen either play - but the impact it would make on the overall squad is surely negligible. That's not to say it's the wrong thing to do; just that the weaknesses we have at this stage are so large that they're really not easy to overcome.
    the problem with Kelleher is he looks like a delivery boy or a library student too fair looking for a goalie, needs a scar or a tatoo on the neck or something....

Once a grizzled seasoned limpy football coach told me about the best keepers" the goalkeepers the uglier and crazier the better" they are more respected by strikers

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,707 Posts
    Bazunu has been mixed so far for Rochdale. Some good saves, some soft goals. More of the former to be fair. I like Bohs’ Talbot myself. In all seriousness, I’d be happy with Alan Mannus if he was eligible.

I think there’s going to be a few more tough games / months ahead before we turn a corner. Hopefully the next 2 games go well but with the withdrawals I think it’ll be tough.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    860 Posts
    I don't think it is negligible. If we are persistent in playing out from the back then a goal keeper who is better with ball at his feet is vital, Randolph gives me heart attacks. So I think there's something to be gained by having a look at another keeper now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    the problem with Kelleher is he looks like a delivery boy or a library student too fair looking for a goalie, needs a scar or a tatoo on the neck or something....

Once a grizzled seasoned limpy football coach told me about the best keepers" the goalkeepers the uglier and crazier the better" they are more respected by strikers
    Two words: Manuel Neuer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,250 Posts
    I don't think it is negligible. If we are persistent in playing out from the back then a goal keeper who is better with ball at his feet is vital, Randolph gives me heart attacks. So I think there's something to be gained by having a look at another keeper now
    Well there'll be balances in there in that Randolph doesn't seem to have as many howlers in him as Bazunu does. He'll iron those out of course, but for the moment I don't think it would change a huge amount about our strength. No problems looking at various options alright - in a way it's a pity that Kenny was thrown straight into avoiding relegation in the Nations League and couldn't really do what Mick did and dump in a load of players into a few friendlies to see who would sink and who would swim.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Dont make cry about it. He looks crazy!! was a blatant penalty vs Higuaín he walked all over him like a monster truck.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    The current situation reminds me of about 1996, when we had some really talented young players comig into the team and good underage teams.

The big difference is that back then we had some top class players. We don't have that now. We need this bunch to come through and there will be ups and downs with young lads in terms of form.

For what it's worth, Bazunu is going to be top class imo. He has the skillset to make a difference in the medium to long term.

Kenny has to play Jack Byrne in these two games. Time to build him into this team.

13. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I watched a video about S.K who looked like an italian mobster with that suit and tie, he was asked about the game on rte and he answer about Duffy, He needs to make a phone call to MON he knows how to handle the Q and A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    860 Posts
    Well there'll be balances in there in that Randolph doesn't seem to have as many howlers in him as Bazunu does. He'll iron those out of course, but for the moment I don't think it would change a huge amount about our strength. No problems looking at various options alright - in a way it's a pity that Kenny was thrown straight into avoiding relegation in the Nations League and couldn't really do what Mick did and dump in a load of players into a few friendlies to see who would sink and who would swim.
    Fair points but we have to start trying different things. A different goalkeeper and a better ball player at the back than Duffy would be worth a look at I think with this system we are playing. Duffy put us under so much pressure at times yesterday with his distribution

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Being the ireland football manager is the biggest job in Ireland after the president and the prime minister. Huge pressure now on him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,250 Posts
    Fair points but we have to start trying different things. A different goalkeeper and a better ball player at the back than Duffy would be worth a look at I think with this system we are playing. Duffy put us under so much pressure at times yesterday with his distribution
    Yeah, and in general I agree with you alright. It's just indicative of where we're at that there seems so much more to fix. Remember we're still only conceding a goal a game under Kenny. That's quite solid

O'Shea in for Duffy maybe? If Egan is back for Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    860 Posts
    Yeah, and in general I agree with you alright. It's just indicative of where we're at that there seems so much more to fix. Remember we're still only conceding a goal a game under Kenny. That's quite solid

O'Shea in for Duffy maybe? If Egan is back for Sunday.
    Yeah O'Shea for Duffy would be worth looking at. If we can get the ball into midfield with better passing it would help us getting the ball into attacking areas quicker so I think it addresses some of problems if the distribution from the back improves

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I dont understand the stick on Duffy,,,, I wouldnt start him before K. Long but he had improved, then he played really well in Bratislava he won me over,,
    What puzzles me about S.K is ....he calls Lenihan, not again. Derrick the same, Shane Long faked an injury and was covererd by the saints because overlooked. He called Cullen, not anymore, etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,326 Posts
    Danny Rogers is playing regularly for Kilmarnock, likewise Sean McDermott for Kristiansund. Not saying either of them are better than Kelleher or Travers, but they pass the "getting game time" requirement

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Sorry guys to ask you, What did Liam Brady say about the 0-3? Liam always speaks his mind he is very thoughtful,, plus he is my childhood hero alongside Maradona

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    That's two names.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away