Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat McCourt

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pat McCourt

Looking at the highlights last night he was something else against Bray. Fabolous goals and passes. It was like a one man team. Don't think he will be there for long.
    Cork City FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    this isnt the only game he played well he played a great game against derry and i thought he was a great player

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Was expecting more of him when we played Rovers. Started well in 1st half but faded in 2nd but may have got an injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Probably gone to Shels already, just waiting for July 1st - Roddy to buy Geoff Thomas (former Crystal Palace and England) with the money; Rovers 800 club set up to pay the wages.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebs23
    Looking at the highlights last night he was something else against Bray. Fabolous goals and passes. It was like a one man team. Don't think he will be there for long.
    He has signed a 2 year deal with Bray

I can dream, cant i............
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard
    Probably gone to Shels already, just waiting for July 1st - Roddy to buy Geoff Thomas (former Crystal Palace and England) with the money; Rovers 800 club set up to pay the wages.
    I hope that's a joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper
    I hope that's a joke
    So do I Soper, so do I
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    McCourt has 6 goals in 8 league games. He is worth going to see now before he inevitably goes to England during the summer. He is pure quality on the ball.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soylent green
    McCourt has 6 goals in 8 league games. He is worth going to see now before he inevitably goes to England during the summer. He is pure quality on the ball.
    Talk about being over hyped!

He's already been in England and didnt make it there. Half of the goals were in one match, and the one time I did see him, he was only average in an average team. He seems good alright, but I get the impression that he's a bit of a mé feiner who can blow hot and cold (not that Im totally writing the guy off, and he did get some great goals against Bray).
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You didn't see the two great goals he got up in Derry then or the class goal in Drogheda

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soylent green
    You didn't see the two great goals he got up in Derry then or the class goal in Drogheda
    No, but I have seen Denis Behan get 6 crackers this season. All of them (against 6 different clubs) have been out of the top drawer, but the guy has limitations and Im not proclaiming that he's going to cross the water the minute the transfer window opens up. All Im saying is that maybe there's a bit too much hype around this lad. He's only played a few games after all. If a good start is what you measure a player on, then Jason Kabia would have a stand in Turners Cross named after him at this stage.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    QPR were watching at the bray game and plan to make a bid soon

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard
    Probably gone to Shels already, just waiting for July 1st - Roddy to buy Geoff Thomas (former Crystal Palace and England) with the .
    dont think geoff could play with leukaemia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Good player but better author!

J
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I hauled myself from my sickbed to see these supposed wonder goals, and all I can say is that you people owe me a packet of paracetamol. A classy couple of efforts, certainly, but I was expecting something akin to Maradona vs. Belgium in 86, whereas what I saw was more reminiscent of Al-Owairan vs. Belgium in 1994 (when the Belgian defence simply melted away rather than offer resistance - much as it did in WWII!)

In scoring his first goal, McCourt "beat" Charles and Long thanks to an egregiously poor piece of ball control, before ghosting past Ryan (who sold himself like a cheap Thai hooker) as though he weren't there - possibly because he wasn't. Great finish, but again achieved in the total absence of defensive pressure.

For his next trick, McCourt again drifted past an inexcusably rash sliding challenge from Long, executed a simple drag-back while Tresson obligingly tackled James and slid a weak shot towards goal, which O'Connor should have saved. Some nice footwork all the same, and a aesthetically pleasing goal. Personally, I thought his through-balls to Mooney and Rutherford were as good as, and probably better than, his work leading up the goals.

It's doubtful whether McCourt will ever encounter so poor a defence again, even in the eL. His breed is an anachronism in modern football; I go further, they've been obsolete since the 1970s. Nowadays, the pace of the game is too hectic and the pitch too congested for players who drop deep and dribble across-field to make much headway. Today, only advanced playmakers/withdrawn strikers such as Hoolahan and O'Callaghan are afforded the space to make good use of their creative proclivities by drifting along the line in the opponent's third and riding, at most, one challenge before delivering the final ball. Dribbling is now the exclusive preserve of wingers.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    I hauled myself from my sickbed to see these supposed wonder goals, and all I can say is that you people owe me a packet of paracetamol. A classy couple of efforts, certainly, but I was expecting something akin to Maradona vs. Belgium in 86, whereas what I saw was more reminiscent of Al-Owairan vs. Belgium in 1994 (when the Belgian defence simply melted away rather than offer resistance - much as it did in WWII!)

In scoring his first goal, McCourt "beat" Charles and Long thanks to an egregiously poor piece of ball control, before ghosting past Ryan (who sold himself like a cheap Thai hooker) as though he weren't there - possibly because he wasn't. Great finish, but again achieved in the total absence of defensive pressure.

For his next trick, McCourt again drifted past an inexcusably rash sliding challenge from Long, executed a simple drag-back while Tresson obligingly tackled James and slid a weak shot towards goal, which O'Connor should have saved. Some nice footwork all the same, and a aesthetically pleasing goal. Personally, I thought his through-balls to Mooney and Rutherford were as good as, and probably better than, his work leading up the goals.

It's doubtful whether McCourt will ever encounter so poor a defence again, even in the eL. His breed is an anachronism in modern football; I go further, they've been obsolete since the 1970s. Nowadays, the pace of the game is too hectic and the pitch too congested for players who drop deep and dribble across-field to make much headway. Today, only advanced playmakers/withdrawn strikers such as Hoolahan and O'Callaghan are afforded the space to make good use of their creative proclivities by drifting along the line in the opponent's third and riding, at most, one challenge before delivering the final ball. Dribbling is now the exclusive preserve of wingers.
    Are you Rico in disguise?
    Cork City FC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sheridan! are you sure it is just paracetamol you are on? A "simple pull back" when achieved in a tight situation in the scoring area indicates coolness and instinctive skill and awareness. I agree with you about the two passes which happily you were able to see through the haze - pure class.
    Get well soon (not the cold I am talking about).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ahh the bitterness of a Dublin City fan!

Here are the goals for those that haven't seen them. Fluke's both of them!

http://www.srfcultras.net/mccourt1.mpg

http://www.srfcultras.net/mccourt2.mpg

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Second goal was a great goal. But what's with Molloy's reaction? Jealous that he didn't score it?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah the jealousy and bitterness form the sole CHF fan. Dont be so stupid. Take the anti Rovers blinkers FFS. If he had scored them for CHF I would be the first on here with congrats.

We'll ignore the fact that the pitch was greasy and his undoubted class. Ask the Derry fans what they think.

KOH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast