Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    A great cup final,quality football throughout from both teams.Rovers the better team didnt get the breaks when they needed them whereas Dumdalk did and battled away staying in the game.Thought the subs Dundalk made were crucial ,would have brought on Kelly much earlier.No more honest professional than Mcmillian,super interview afterwards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    I think we were the better side overall alright, should have won it in 90 mins , how did pico miss that one at the end i dont know. But as dfc supporters know the best team doesnt always win the cup. Next season should be interesting, a lot of things to be settled before then though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Blew it what a chance to become invincible .... well done Dundalk .... roll on next season
    Can we take the line that its good for the league?

Genuinely thanks for the congrats, Dundalk have been on the total opposite situation being the better side and lost by the finest margins. Yup roll on next season, hopefully more normal than this but a lot closer. Close season is rarely dull but for Dundalk it could be a digging out the popcorn moment. Rovers and Byrne is the other big situation to resolve. I dont think if he leaves that Rovers wont still be favourites. The end of 2020 will be so welcome - roll on a much better 2021 in general.

Thanks to anyone that ive sparred with here this year. Took the mind off other stuff, while also having some bits of normality via Foot.ie !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Well done Dundalk. I felt that although Rovers have the better individual players, their coaching left a bit to be desired. There were moments where they looked disorganised and confused going forward, and there wasn't enough shape consistently that professional teams should have. Dundalk are coached better, with players adapting a well defined system albeit often having to defend.

Not sure what to make of all the talk of Dundalk players potentially leaving, I would expect a healthy chunk to be resigned (?) and the owners would be hoping for a few good signings. Hopefully the stadium gets sorted, I'd be an away fan that went once and wouldn't rush back. The quality from both teams shows what LTFC will have to aspire to get to next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Can we take the line that its good for the league?

Genuinely thanks for the congrats, Dundalk have been on the total opposite situation being the better side and lost by the finest margins. Yup roll on next season, hopefully more normal than this but a lot closer. Close season is rarely dull but for Dundalk it could be a digging out the popcorn moment. Rovers and Byrne is the other big situation to resolve. I dont think if he leaves that Rovers wont still be favourites. The end of 2020 will be so welcome - roll on a much better 2021 in general.

Thanks to anyone that ive sparred with here this year. Took the mind off other stuff, while also having some bits of normality via Foot.ie !!!
    Not sure if good for the league but know what you mean- as mentioned already so many unknowns re next season ( aside from COVID related issues) , will we lose Byrne ? Then who will we bring in ? Who will Dundalk resign/recruit ..., will Bohs improve with Doherty money ? It’s a great league with lots of and in most cases respectable rivalry amongst fans .... but the big question over everything else is..... will octogenarian John and his side kick Gussie continue with their brilliant unabashed 110% biased commentary on Dundalk FM .... they deserve a LOI hall of fame award

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Congrats Dundalk it takes a great team effort to win a cup final in extra time on the Sunday evening after returning from a European trip to Norway(1900 mile round trip i think i read somewhere) just 3 days previously
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Great 60 minutes from Rovers, much the better team in that period. Dundalk dug in and kept in the game during that period. Rovers seemed to run out of steam while Dundalk got stronger and became more dangerous as the game went on. Jack Byrne, in particular, seemed to tire. Covid may have taken a lot out of him.

Burke will be kicking himself for being wasteful. Dundalk are awful from set pieces and will keep getting punished for it. Overall, Dundalk have more improvements to make than Rovers for next season.
    Id agree with u on jack, dont think he has had a good game by his standards since he had covid. Congrats anyway on the win, cant wait to gi again

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Not sure if good for the league but know what you mean- as mentioned already so many unknowns re next season ( aside from COVID related issues) , will we lose Byrne ? Then who will we bring in ? Who will Dundalk resign/recruit ..., will Bohs improve with Doherty money ? It’s a great league with lots of and in most cases respectable rivalry amongst fans .... but the big question over everything else is..... will octogenarian John and his side kick Gussie continue with their brilliant unabashed 110% biased commentary on Dundalk FM .... they deserve a LOI hall of fame award
    Sure thats all irrelevant, as Harps are gonna do the treble next season and before you ask no it not too early to have started my christmas drinking
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Good match, thought rovers were going to stroll it at 1-0 but Dundalk came out of the traps and McMillan has been lethal these last few months.

Was thinking about the 2018 final when I saw Hoare score a bullet header from the posh seats and he does it again with his feet...

Congrats Dundalk. Hope a miracle happens Thursday.
    Commiserations Rovers. You’ve not had a bad season though.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    That was a nice end to the season, no Delaney at a Cup Final - gone for good, Dundalk win the cup beating their nemesis in an exciting final, Dave McMillan rediscovers his goal machine and Jack Byrne departs from Rovers - off to warmer pastures.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keen2win View Post
    Well done Dundalk. I felt that although Rovers have the better individual players, their coaching left a bit to be desired. There were moments where they looked disorganised and confused going forward, and there wasn't enough shape consistently that professional teams should have. Dundalk are coached better, with players adapting a well defined system albeit often having to defend.

Not sure what to make of all the talk of Dundalk players potentially leaving, I would expect a healthy chunk to be resigned (?) and the owners would be hoping for a few good signings. Hopefully the stadium gets sorted, I'd be an away fan that went once and wouldn't rush back. The quality from both teams shows what LTFC will have to aspire to get to next season.
    Not sure about that. Even alan cawley was praising rovers shape and discipline. They just got tired and were missing players and sharpness. It happens. Maybe they missed having bradley pitchside but dundalk didnt win tactically, they just converted the chances they got. Good luck next year. It will be really interesting to see how the teams who have come up match up against the lower half. Shels being destroyed by athlone makes me think the gulf may not be as big as it usually is. That said, I expect Pat's, harps and derry to be better.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    If you don't take your chances it will catch up with you. Dundalk finished the game much stronger than Rovers and thus took the cup. No complaints here.
    The loss of Joey really affected us and McMillan has shown he is a better option up front than hoban, who slows down their play, in my opinion.
    Lastly its an absolute travesty that the pitch was as it as for Irish footballs blue riband event. The blame is sqarely at the door of the corrupt FAI, who through their own clown car mismanagement have now found themselves in a position to be the IRFU's bit€h when it comes to lansdowne Rd.
    On to next season.
    Keep on Hooping folks! 👍

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    If you don't take your chances it will catch up with you. Dundalk finished the game much stronger than Rovers and thus took the cup. No complaints here.
    The loss of Joey really affected us and McMillan has shown he is a better option up front than hoban, who slows down their play, in my opinion.
    Lastly its an absolute travesty that the pitch was as it as for Irish footballs blue riband event. The blame is sqarely at the door of the corrupt FAI, who through their own clown car mismanagement have now found themselves in a position to be the IRFU's bit€h when it comes to lansdowne Rd.
    On to next season.
    Keep on Hooping folks! 👍
    That has flown under the radar but I was shocked when I realized they'd played rugby on it yesterday. Shouldve been moved to tallaght or dalymount. Ridiculous stuff and nothing appears to have changed at the FAI which is incredibly disheartening given the opportunity is now there to keep our u18 players at home due to brexit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    On to next season.
    Keep on Hooping folks! 👍
    Delighted with the win obviously. I thought it was curtains when Rovers took the lead. I agree entirely with your comment on the state of the pitch, it was an absolute disgrace for a cup final and it really shows the pecking order for the FAI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Still feel a bit sick but congrats Dundalk. You setup very well and took your chances! So close to becoming a legendary year. It was a great showpiece at least, nothing worse than having a massive audience see LOI teams playing out a goalless draw. Football has really got me through a lot of the year, while its not the same without being able to attend, its been an absolutely invaluable distraction. Congrats to Dundalk, looking forward to wetting the record straight next year already!

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    May they never change!! Local radio with a local bias in its often rawest form - legendary. If Cork Tom managed it, they are odds on! And the nicest of lads if ye met them, if yiz met them in Kennedys say, they are pure LoI, knowledgeable and of course biased in front of the mic (the abuse to home players is mostly kept off air) ;p

I should add - the blue riband FAI Cup in the bag so great! On to Arsenal in Europe next week! Not many LoI sides have been able to roll such a commrnt out
    Last edited by Nesta99; 06/12/2020 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Fair play to all the SRFC fans congratulating Dundalk.It was a great game and final.

Dundalk were up for this match as early as last week.McEleney in his motm spiel after the Athlone match was almost grinding his teeth in anticipation of this match. Dundalk were out to prove a point.
    Looking back on the goals - The passing between Flores and Dicky and then dickys pass to McMillan for Dundalk's 4th goal were unreal.Ok - shams got caught by committing bodies forward looking for the equaliser but it still took some brilliant passing from Dundalk to create that goal and the chest down and shot from McMillan was top class.Well worked goal right there.
    Cant understand how McMillan was so unattached that he couldn't do that in Scotland but glad also as we've obviously benefitted.
    Great game,really enjoyed it.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Congratulations to Dundalk, if you score four goals you deserve to win a game and they certainly attacked and defended better than us. Dream of the unbeaten double was nice but it wasn't to be this time. Think our quality off the bench made us worse and Dundalk's improved theirs, so still work to do on the squad especially if Byrne leaves. Hopefully by the time the league is back we can get fans back in like they do in England.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    https://twitter.com/dclouth/status/1...790955008?s=09

I think Dundalk will be all over the Internet tomorrow for breaking Covid rules. The place is going crazy still at 3.30am

Square is packed, players and all going crazy
    Replay!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    https://twitter.com/dclouth/status/1...790955008?s=09

I think Dundalk will be all over the Internet tomorrow for breaking Covid rules. The place is going crazy still at 3.30am

Square is packed, players and all going crazy
    No players left the bus Mickey.
    FFS stop being a spoil sport henpeck

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast