Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Collins D Brentford b.2001

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Collins at fault again for Wolves’ fourth. Another terrible pass at the back. A hatrick of errors.

His concentration seems to be his major achilles heel. We’ve seen it a few times in green over the last 12-18 months - costly positioning mistakes, passes, etc. maybe he’s just going through his John Stones 2016/17 phase.
    If he keeps going like this ~ He won't be playing much for Brentford's first team !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    He can seem lackadaisical at times. And he makes tricky stuff look effortless at other times. It's a fine line between the two.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    484 Posts
    I think he's more at fault for the first goal than he is the third
    But look if you're going to have a bad game have a mare and move on immediately

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Looks like the majority of Brentford fans giving him the benefit of the doubt from his recent performances pre-injury which is good (certainly less fickle than half the village idiots down the Molineux). Shocker of a game, however hopefully just nerves - does need to cut out the causality - however think it’s just part of the course for some ball-playing defenders like Lescott, Stones, Van Dyke etc. Needs to bounce back in the next game.

https://griffinpark.org/forums/threa...139273/page-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    It's just possible that with BFC's injury problems (am tempted to say "crisis"), that Collins was rushed back before he was fully fit/ready, and this was playing on his mind?

Anyhow, there's no better man than Thomas Frank to get him back to his best:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c88209j5l3yo.amp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,645 Posts
    He had a bit of a knack for goalscoring when he was with Burnley and Stoke. He has one tonight for Brentford in the cup, his second overall for them.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,251 Posts
    Against Wolves too - helping make up for the two he "scored" for Wolves against Brentford last month

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,645 Posts
    jesus, yeah! Had totally forgotten about that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Could be on the move again in the summer if Brentford's poor form continues, which isn't ideal for us. Think his development would benefit staying at one club for an extended period of time but Brentford are in relegation form and facing a difficult fixture list, with Luton looking like they can wiggle their way out of the bottom three. Maybe Toney's return can turn things around.
    Last edited by ifk101; 17/01/2024 at 8:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Could be on the move again in the summer if Brentford's poor form continues, which isn't ideal for us.
    No chance.

Think his development would benefit staying at one club for an extended period of time but Brentford are in relegation form and facing a difficult fixture list, with Luton looking like they can wiggle their way out of the bottom three.
    The next 9 or 10 games are tough, no doubt, but the final run-in is easier.

And even if Luton can keep it up (big ask), both Forest and Everton could be dragged down by points deductions for FFP. Whatever happens, Bees won't panic, that's for sure.

Maybe Toney's return can turn things around.
    If any of you play Fantasy PL, get him in your team before tomorrows game at home to Forest - I've a feeling he'll be back with a bang.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    If any of you play Fantasy PL, get him in your team before tomorrows game at home to Forest - I've a feeling he'll be back with a bang.
    strange gameweek in FPL, spread over 2 weeks so the deadline was last saturday. he's a candidate to be brought in alright though.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    No chance.

The next 9 or 10 games are tough, no doubt, but the final run-in is easier.

And even if Luton can keep it up (big ask), both Forest and Everton could be dragged down by points deductions for FFP. Whatever happens, Bees won't panic, that's for sure.

How much are you putting on ~ That he will be back with a Bang ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    How much are you putting on ~ That he will be back with a Bang ?
    Don't play FPL, and haven't been near a bookies in a while.

It's just a feeling I have, based on how he's been doing in training/BCD games, plus his natural confidence - apparently he's been telling all his teammates: "Big Dog's back!":
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68024653

While Forest are hit by injuries, incl their two best players, Elanga and Gibbs-White. I suspect Nuno will set his stall out to defend - it could be a long 90 minutes for them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Don't play FPL, and haven't been near a bookies in a while.

It's just a feeling I have, based on how he's been doing in training/BCD games, plus his natural confidence - apparently he's been telling all his teammates: "Big Dog's back!":
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68024653

While Forest are hit by injuries, incl their two best players, Elanga and Gibbs-White. I suspect Nuno will set his stall out to defend - it could be a long 90 minutes for them.
    As long as Big Dog doesn't back himself at the bookies ! ! !

15. Thanks From:

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Absolute shocker from Collins today at home to Liverpool. One of the worst performances by a Premier League player I can recall.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Absolute shocker from Collins today at home to Liverpool. One of the worst performances by a Premier League player I can recall.
    Where did it all go wrong ?

OK ~ That's a bit of an exaggeration ~ But, It hasn't turned out like we all were hoping a couple of years ago, yet anyway.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    He was pretty good up to the third goal. Actually had some really good moments, some vital tackles and blocks. He fell apart after that mistake.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    He was pretty good up to the third goal. Actually had some really good moments, some vital tackles and blocks. He fell apart after that mistake.
    He looked like the only Brentford player who wanted to actually try and defend.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    TBH, I think Jake O'Brien would have beaten Salah to that ball - he is really quick after his first two or three strides. Eighteen months ago, I thought we would be building our defence around Collins - and that may yet happen - but with the options available now, I don't think he's undroppable

21. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    TBH, I think Jake O'Brien would have beaten Salah to that ball - he is really quick after his first two or three strides. Eighteen months ago, I thought we would be building our defence around Collins - and that may yet happen - but with the options available now, I don't think he's undroppable
    Agree. Collins' game has become so erratic he'll need Bazunuesque tolerance to retain his Brentford spot. So it's hardly unreasonable to suggest a midfield role for Ireland in coming friendlies. Cullen is struggling badly - he looks lost at EPL level and had a dismal Euro campaign. Collins is a far better all-round footballer and well capable of McGrath/Lawrenson style versatility.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast