Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moses

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Moses

I'd actually agree with banning him. He's a racist, a fool and anyone who cases after a ref after the game deserves to be banned.
    Oh no not them again

Neil

Re: Moses

Originally posted by SÓCcfc
    He's a racist, a fool
    That's a bit much. A lot of people don't agree with him but there's no need to start labelling the guy a racist.

He is passionate about Cork City and sometimes his emotions get the better of him. No fault. I'd rather ban the 'yes men' that think everything is just rosey.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if someone is a racist then he has to go. he'll give us all a bad name.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

True

Ok yes is passion gets the better of him at times but Idot know does anyone remember Wesley Charles when he played for Sligo, Moses "expressed" his views.

He ran after a ref, in anyother league in the world he'd be banned, but you'd rather ban people who dont think Murphy should be sacked?

Fair enough........
    Oh no not them again

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its simple really. if moses is a racist he just has to be banned. no two way. leave murphy out of it for once soccf

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Proof has now been given that Goalside isnt Sure what the hell he is on about. SóCCFC is probably one of the most PRO Gunther people on this board, and GS slags him off.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    moses has nothing other than cork city in his life,he is just passionate about the club

if every 1 else showed the same passion in SUPPORTING the TEAM if not the management
    we would all b grand
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by yan
    moses has nothing other than cork city in his life,he is just passionate about the club

if every 1 else showed the same passion in SUPPORTING the TEAM if not the management
    we would all b grand

You call slagging off the players SUPPORTING the team? Thats a good one yan...Really hilarious like....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by yan
    we would all b grand
    That would be the 'taxi for Morely' Moses your talking about?

That 'pitch invasion' sums him up.
    don't worry, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dis......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ok
    good point both of ye

im wrong,i dont mind saying it
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

I have just read this thread

and dont know am i for or against, Yes rasict jeers are not good and that guy should be approached over it, at least tell the bloke and give him a chance to stop.

Slagging players to the extent that was happeing in recent times is really bad and just how bad it can get we have all seen, but the blame doesn't lie totally with him for it, there were alot more voices in the crowd slagging the players and even more laughing at the comments, if you want the guy chucked out then stand up and be counted and in some cases "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". He is vocal, he spoke his mind, even if it was said in such away, it brought the house down. You'll have to admit there was a fairly full bandwagon and the thing just spiraled out of control for a while, to a point where people forgot what they were going there for. He, no matter how you feel about him, is only responsible for himself, if people dont know how to react to comments they hear and do the sheep thing, it ain't his fault.

As regards slaggin' players, hand held high ..... when the whole thing started off (it was always there .... it just got out of hand) i stopped part-taking in it. It done an awful lot of damage i think.

The way it is now, alot of people have the wrong impression about supporting City, and there is little means of sorting it out. This is another reason why i encourage joining the supporters club. It more often than not will have people supporting City for the right reasons, varied as the might be. but at least everyone is on the right page so to speak. Also it gives people a chance to discuss the club and their loyalties to it. If fans are going there just to slag off players for 90 minutes and enjoy the banter, that is great if they enjoy it, but i would prefer it otherwise and it would be much better for us all longterm if it were otherwise.

(the last paragraph is all over the place but you know what i am getting at)
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What did Moses say anyway?

Neil
    Originally posted by Snatch
    What did Moses say anyway?
    He's just been very vocal in the last 2 games against Murphy etc. But I think it's more the whole lot put together of the last few years that the possible ban is about.

The Board don't want anyone to topple their apple cart. They have a nice little earner at the moment, it would be awful if some fella in the Shed spoilt that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Could the club not just talk to the guy first, and tell him to cool it?
    I do not think he is very funny, and his language is way ott, but a ban is a drastic action, give him a chance first.
    I think, however, that he is quite entitled to shout the anti-Murphy comments or slagging off the players. Racists chants or comments are all that should be at issue here.
    BTW, I think goalside is really LM.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

More Of The Same

Just to share the gist of what I've been told at the cross.
    After the Derry City game a lot of people were disgusted at the racist abuse directed at Payne by one or two individuals. It was mentioned in the media, by other people in eL circles and the club was also aware that it was discussed on Internet forums.
    In order to combat this a plain-clothes security person was installed in the shed to point out the offenders.
    This isn't censorship, it's an attempt to maintain order.
    "Murphy Out" chants aren't enough to get you ejected.
    Extensive use of profanities or racial comments surely is.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: More Of The Same

Originally posted by Peadar
    In order to combat this a plain-clothes security person was installed in the shed to point out the offenders.
    Thats a good and positive thing, that at last the club is taking action about racist abuse. As for bad language, well people's emotions can get the better of them sometimes-hell the players are as bad sometimes!

however, if the club had put uniformed security in a couple of years back, the problem could have been stopped before it started.

As for Moses- the guy lives for City. I've had my disagreements with him alright, and he should have been punished after the Bray incident, but banning him full-stop would be too much. Also, he is NOT a racist. At the very worst, he has made a few jokes in bad taste- thats it. What Soccfc is referring to at that Sligo game was-if I remember correctly- Moses shouting "Hey man how ya doin" in a Jamaican accent & He shouted Zulu once or twice at the Derry game- not in the same league as those monkey-chants you hear from a number of thugs.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what about shouting ollie cahill "you white honkie" or pat morley you "paleface".

would that be racist

seriously moses shouldn't be there if he makes racist comments. the guy has a ego in inverse size to his IQ. no-one takes him seriously
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: More Of The Same

Originally posted by Éanna
    Thats a good and positive thing, that at last the club is taking action about racist abuse.
    depending on who the

Originally posted by Peader
    was

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Has Moses ever had anything positive to say? If you exclude the current bad position of the club i think his negativity in the past has been contagious.

If anyone including Mosoes makes racist comments he should be banned for a long time.

btw if the club is to have plain clothes "monitirs" in the shed they should publicise it on the PA as prevention is better than the cure as they say.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: True

Originally posted by SÓCcfc
    He ran after a ref, in anyother league in the world he'd be banned, but you'd rather ban people who dont think Murphy should be sacked?
    they should do what they do in colombia and chase the prats off the pitch .
    soccer isn't a matter of life or death its more important than that!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast