Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Murphy has go at Cork City supporters

Neil

Murphy has go at Cork City supporters

from Irish Times >

...Cork's poor run led to chants calling for the resignation of the manager from a section of the fans.

Murphy was quick to respond: "Those people do not understand football. I took over last season after we had taken a hiding from St Pat's and you saw in the past eight days we were unlucky to lose to Pat's 2-3 and we made it very difficult for Shels today. I don't pay any attention to those people."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    fcuking ******* murphy

i know nothing about football eh
    ..muphy sounds like a bitter bitter man that knows the end is nigh and is lashing out at everyone..

murphy...we pay albeit indirectly ..we the fans pay your wages..i wouldnt in your unstable position as manager of our club go around insulting the loyal supporters of Cork City Football Club

you want to know where the problem lies..look in the mirror..the answer is alot closer to home then you make out..

now get this man as far away from CCFC before i get home..
    life is random

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Murphy has go at Cork City supporters

Originally posted by Neil

... I don't pay any attention to those people."
    I think that's brilliant, absolutely BRILLIANT! He doesn't pay any attention to those people. For your information, Liam, those people are the fans. They pay your wages. The fact you don't listen to those people just goes to show that you don't have a clue, you ignorant bastid. If it wasn't for those people, you wouldn't have a job to do. Git.
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    speaking of mirrors, here's what he said in today's one:

I don't care what they say about me. I have given everything to the club. I suffered an horrendous injury for the club. I don't think they know much about football.
    and the examiner

These people know nothing of football. When I took over we had just been hammered by St. Pat’s – in the past week we were unlucky to lose to Pat’s 2-3 and we ran Shelbourne very close. We had chances to win it today again, while we are creating chances I won’t worry, it is just that some players are short of confidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Re: Murphy has go at Cork City supporters

Originally posted by Ruairi
    For your information, Liam, those people are the fans.
    I don't agree with you Joe.
    "Those people" are only a section of the fans.
    I'm a fan and couldn't be included in this category.
    I know my mother always said that I'm special but I doubt that I'm alone in this. Most clubs don't rely too heavily on the gate receipts to pay the wages. Heaven help any club who does.
    Murphy is in there to do a job, not any of us no matter how much we think we know about football. At least he's not a quitter.
    If we had one quality player with experience next to O'Grady in the centre of the park we could have very different results. The inexperience of CP is telling in the amount of times he gets caught offside. He and some other players have confidence problems and the home crowd clearly aren't helping them.
    Turners Cross is a fortress once again.
    Except now it's the home side who are intimidated not the visitors. It's embarrassing.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Murphy has go at Cork City supporters

Originally posted by Peadar
    I don't agree with you Joe.
    I think you've got you wires crossed there, but anyway
    Most clubs don't rely too heavily on the gate receipts to pay the wages. Heaven help any club who does.
    unfortunately ours does, but that's a whole other issue
    Except now it's the home side who are intimidated not the visitors. It's embarrassing.
    yes very embarrassing

contrary to what some people may think, i have never called for murphy to go and at the moment my biggest 'problem' with him is that he has turned to criticising fans, when he won't even meet supporters face-to-face at a supporters club meeting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Murphy has go at Cork City supporters

Originally posted by joe

I think you've got you wires crossed there, but anyway
    Yes indeed Joe, it's Ruairi I don't agree with.
    I do agree with you however Joe, having a go at the fans is a bit like throwing the coin back after it hit's you on the head.
    It's widely believed that two wrongs don't make a right.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Murphy has go at Cork City supporters

It's widely believed that two wrongs don't make a right.
    unless you're an eL referee that is

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by joe
    These people know nothing of football.
    What a fu€kin' to$ser! That's the final straw really. Asking for patiece is one thing, but calling the supporters idiots is another.

Get the Bastad OUT now!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Murphy has go at Cork City supporters

"Those people" are only a section of the fans.
    I'm a fan and couldn't be included in this category.
    Oh, you're one of the good people who does understand football and is firmly behind Liam Murphy and the clique no matter what. You clap and smile even when we're losing embarassingly at home every week and you're a model supporter. Yeah, that's a lot use to OUR club. Fair play to ya boy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tut Tut

Originally posted by Casegrande
    What a fu€kin' to$ser! That's the final straw really. Asking for patiece is one thing, but calling the supporters idiots is another.

Get the Bastad OUT now!
    You claim that a general statement by Murphy is calling you an idiot but your retort is to call him a "fu€kin' to$ser" and a "Bastad". Boy some people who are quick to give stick, can be very slow to take it.

Ye want Hartigan out because he's "Crap", so out he goes and we lose all our games.
    Ye want Colin 1 back because he's great, so back he comes, get's into the team but still looks dodgy.
    Do you really think that all the "Murphy Out" brigade know anything about football?
    You'd have to wonder about many of them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Tut Tut

Do you really think that all the "Murphy Out" brigade know anything about football?
    You'd have to wonder about many of them.
    So you are basically agreeing with Liam Murphy here, saying that the 5/600 people who were calling for 'changes' at the game yesterday don't matter a damn. Who the **** made you more important and intelligent than the 75% of yesterdays crowd who were calling for change.

By the way, there was more chants than just 'Murphy Out'. ie. 'Sack the Board'. Which I believe would be suited more to the situation we are in now. They are the tax-dodgin bastads who are using OUR club as a little hobby and money-earner. Stand up and be counted Noel O'Mahoney - you ****in' cowboy. Where's our money gone Terry Dunne?

You might be content to carry on as is Peadar, but I'm sick of it. I know you've a lot of buddies in the club and you are obviously going to stick up for them but sometimes you have look at the bigger picture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Murphy has go at Cork City supporters

You clap and smile even when we're losing embarassingly at home every week and you're a model supporter. !
    I was almost angry reading your post but then I realised that I'd be stooping to your level of crassness if like you I composed my postings using course language.

I have been at very few games where I've been embarrassed to see Cork City lose. Defeat is part of the game. I have however often been embarrassed by the performance of some elements of the "supporters". It bothers me as much as anyone to see my team lose but my way of dealing with this is to sit back and think through each passage of play to try and pinpoint our failings. I don't jump on the bandwagon and call for the removal of the manager from his position. There are many things wrong with the club not just on the field but I doubt any league of Ireland manager could resolve them in a matter of months.
    I don't always agree with Liam Murphy's decisions but at the end of the day he has to live with those decisions. It's very easy to watch a game and say how you'd do this and that when there will be no implications to what you've decided.

If you can't relpy in a civil manner don't expect me to contribute any further to this discussion.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You didn't answer my question. How come you (like Liam Murphy) have the right to disregard a huge percentage of Cork City supporters who pay their hard earned money and use their valuable time supporting their team? And it is their team.

Would Liam Murphy prefer if we didn't go to Galway on Friday to follow OUR team? After all we don't really understand football. He won't last long taking swipes at the supporters.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and from the star

"I don't care what they say and they obviously don't know much about football.

I gave so much to this club as a player and got a serious injury in doing so.

I cannot fault the players but I cannot be blamed if we are not scoring. We did everything but find the net."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Deep Breaths

You didn't answer my question. How come you (like Liam Murphy) have the right to disregard a huge percentage of Cork City supporters
    I never claimed to have any right with regard to this issue.
    I did however ask what makes you think that a "huge percentage" of the Cork City "supporters" know much about football. If you could firstly answer my question then I'll attempt to answer yours.

And it is their team.
    Technically it's not "their" team.
    People chose to support the club.
    If a reciever was appointed to the club tomorrow they wouldn't be looking for a list of people who pay into the ground so as the hold them responsible for the liquidation of the club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: and from the star

Originally posted by joe
    "I don't care what they say and they obviously don't know much about football.
    That is unbelievable! I still can't believe he's got such a brass neck to say something like that!

I gave so much to this club as a player and got a serious injury in doing so.
    So, it's pay-back time is it? That's almost what it sounds like. "I have a serious injury because of them *******s".

I cannot fault the players but I cannot be blamed if we are not scoring. We did everything but find the net."
    Yes you can be blamed Mr. Murphy! And he says WE know nothing about football. This is laughable!

Liam, you obviously missed some of the classes on your UEFA Grade A course! So here we go... You are the manager. You decide on tactics, team, and formation. Jimmy Mull is not a bad player. Stop blaming him for bad results. Jimmy Mull wants you out as much as the rest of us. Why? Because YOU are the one who tells you're players to hoof the ball up the pitch and hope for the best. This does NOT suit Jimmy Mull. Neither does it suit CPOB or Morley. These are all good players who cannot operate with your prehistoric tactics. Put Christian Vieri in there yesterday and he'd have struggled. **** it it's not worth it!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Deep Breaths

what makes you think that a "huge percentage" of the Cork City "supporters" know much about football.
    Why do you put supporters in inverted commas? So, they are not real supporters if they don't tow the line and be 100% behind Liam Murphy? Cork City supporters know bad football when they see it. A blind man could see that Liam Murphy does not have the skills to do a job for us. He has Plan A and that's it. The only attempt of Plan B that I've seen is the 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation with Ollie in the middle, but it continuously fails. When people like Ant Buckley, Jimmy Mulligan and Mick Devine complain about the tactics, I think it's fair to say that a lot of the "supporters" you refer to may be right in their assessment.

Technically it's not "their" team.
    People chose to support the club.
    If a reciever was appointed to the club tomorrow they wouldn't be looking for a list of people who pay into the ground so as the hold them responsible for the liquidation of the club.
    If you want to be technical, fair enough! The thing is, if City went into liquidation, the Board would just go off and find another toy to play with. But it would break a lot of supporters hearts if their club folded. That is the difference Peadar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Be honest with ya, I can understand Murphy's anger, and he's probably being quoted out of context on the fans bit, but this:

I cannot be blamed if we are not scoring.

That's just a crassly stupid remark. Idiotic. No manager should ever make comments like that. As to the other remarks, no manager should put himself in a position where he /can/ be quoted out of context.

I'm amazed he's lasted this long tbh. I know I shouldn't come back to it, again, but Mountfield would have been out on his arse an age ago if he's performed like this, on or off the pitch.

adam

Neil
    Originally posted by Vetinari
    Mountfield would have been out on his arse an age ago if he's performed like this, on or off the pitch.
    It's all about the 'clique' that exists in the club. It's a huge problem that could inevitably lead to the downfall of the entire club.
    Talking to the media is another area where Liam Murphy proves that he just aint up to it. He's a bitter man ("I gave so much to this club as a player and got a serious injury in doing so") who is not big enough to admit he can't do the job. And he'd rather take the club to it's knees than resign.

Cheers Liam.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast