Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: FLYNNY & DOYLER

thecorner

FLYNNY & DOYLER

just got a text there saying that in today's people saying that both flynny and doyler could now be on their way to reading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    just got a text there saying that in today's people saying that both flynny and doyler could now be on their way to reading
    Can see Doyler being good enough, but to be honest, Flynny hasn't produced it in over a year. If they were interested in him based on form leading up to that they'd already have moved for him, so I'd have my doubts about the story.

To be honest, I expect to lose both at some stage this season/end of the season, once they don't move to another EL team and once we get an appropriate price for them, there's not much else we can do, especially in Doyler's case, money for Flynn would be a bonus, he was leaving at the end of the season on a free anyway.

it'd be a shame but hardly unexpected
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    who would we replace them with??

zayed looked good against us from bray
    Last edited by yan; 03/04/2005 at 12:42 PM.
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by yan
    who would we replace them with??

zayed looked good against us from bray

well.. we only need a replacement for doyler...flynny is back up to behan now

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    true, who wud have thought we wud be saying that 2 weeks ago!
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by what biy!
    why not go after spillanes fav player Declan "fabio" o brien from drogs

dont think georgie would welcome him with open-arms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    There is nothing on the Reading site .... infact i cant find anything about it at all. I dunno is this another Noel Spillane type rumour .... you know, to get people to buy more papers by printing complete and utter lies .... i dont think we should rule that out just yet.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    There is A Face if you go to the fanzine website and also at the bottom here, but it seems to be all based on a rumour that started in the Irish Mirror, not sure how much truth is in this.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    rumour that started in the Irish Mirror, not sure how much truth is in this.

How many papers did they sell ...... half this stuff is complete tripe, just to try and sell more ..... so we dont know what we can believe unless there is something for either club.

Big Red Bench Today might have an idea !!

It'd be good to find out how much Brian Lennox thinks a league title the lads are worth ??

[SIZE=1]With all the advances the club has made .... maybe they didn't factor in the lack of ambition and that we'd sell our souls in the morning. [/SIZE]
    Last edited by A face; 03/04/2005 at 3:18 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Its inevitable that we'll get an offer for Doyler at some stage soon, the guy is probably the best player in the league right now. Flynny hasn't produced any decent form recently and with his injuries, I'd be amazed if anyone was willing to move for him. If anyone wants Doyle they should have to stump up some SERIOUS cash. Rumour has it waherfur are getting £100k for Murphy, Doyler's worth 3 times that at least IMO. That is IF any of this is true- I smell shít-stirring in all of this TBH

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    If anyone wants Doyle they should have to stump up some SERIOUS cash. Rumour has it waherfur are getting £100k for Murphy, Doyler's worth 3 times that at least IMO. That is IF any of this is true- I smell shít-stirring in all of this TBH
    I rate Murphy a lot as a centre forward but Doyler is one of the most complete players to ever play for city. He hasn't started the season with a bang but will be a long season.

I don't think Doyler will be in any hurry to go abroad & i don't see city in a hurry to sell him either. I'd hate to see him leave & i'm sure Lennox knows selling a players cheaply would send out bad signals to supporters.

Could we fool Reading into taking O'Flynn instead of Doyler?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    O'Flynn, 22, is being tipped for a place in the full Republic of Ireland side while Doyle, 20, is attracting plenty of other interest from Britain.

LMAO, thats sounds like a pretty good rumour alright

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soko
    O'Flynn, 22, is being tipped for a place in the full Republic of Ireland side while Doyle, 20, is attracting plenty of other interest from Britain.

LMAO, thats sounds like a pretty good rumour alright
    Was it dated first of April by any chance?
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I'd bite their hand off for a few bob for O'Flynn.
    He has not produced for this club in a long time and is far too injury prone.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    I'd bite their hand off for a few bob for O'Flynn.
    He has not produced for this club in a long time and is far too injury prone.
    I'd agree with that, but maybe now that Rico really won't bring him back until he is satisfied that Flynnie is fit, we may see an improvement in John's form and attitude.
    Last edited by patsh; 04/04/2005 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Dreadful double negative!

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    I'd agree with that, but maybe now that Rico really won't not bring him back until he is satisfied that Flynnie is fit, we may see an improvement in John's form and attitude.
    if he gets in ahead of behan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    john was plagued with injuries when he was in england and the same thing has been happening to him lately so hopefully he'll get back to his peak soon like he did when he came here first.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    O'Flynn was unreal in his first season. Scored goals for fun, rarely missed a chance & was probably only hampered by average city team. Unfortunately i can't ever see him returning to that form.

It is proof of the maturity of the city squad that don't rely on individual players so much anymore. Remember when O'Flynn was injured & team couldn't buy a goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    O'Flynn was unreal in his first season. Scored goals for fun, rarely missed a chance & was probably only hampered by average city team. Unfortunately i can't ever see him returning to that form.

It is proof of the maturity of the city squad that don't rely on individual players so much anymore. Remember when O'Flynn was injured & team couldn't buy a goal.
    this is sort of the same situation though as the last time.he's still quite young.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months