Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How was Israel?

So , how was Israel?
    Did you enjoy your stay here?
    Do you think differntly about Israel now? ( security and stuff like that )
    Would you say its one of the top 5 or top 10 trips you hade?
    If we ( Israel ) well meet you at the qulifiers for Euro 2008 , will you come??
    Please answer all 143 foot.ie fans that came to Israel....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As a Irish fan at home I have got a different impression of Israel from the one I knew. I thought Israel was a sh1t teame and the country was a sh1te hole.

Now I think Israel is a nice country and there is lots to see and do. Nice weather, friendly welcome, friendly people. Good spot to go out for a few beers etc.

Your national side isnt a great side and my opinion hasnt changed anything.

Best of luck for the European qualifiers

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    As a Irish fan at home I have got a different impression of Israel from the one I knew. I thought Israel was a sh1t teame and the country was a sh1te hole.

Now I think Israel is a nice country and there is lots to see and do. Nice weather, friendly welcome, friendly people. Good spot to go out for a few beers etc.

Your national side isnt a great side and my opinion hasnt changed anything.

Best of luck for the European qualifiers
    Really happy you have changed your mind

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I loved Israel, one of the best trips I've been on. Really ****ed off that I'm home

Have loads to say on the trip but I'm shattered tired and off to bed

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I am sure most who travelled would say the first 90 minutes were great

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would rate Israel as my third best trip behind Iceland and copenhagen. The only downsides were the exteremly long security procedures on the way back but the staff were polite so I guess its just a minor annoyance. Weather was brilliant but having bars open all night was very bad for my liver.

BTW was anyone present when Brian kerr was in Mikes place? I heard he had a few words with an Irish supporter.

Thanks to all the guys who posted on here, I have a different opinion of israelis now than I did before.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    not many posts here, guess everyone is shattered from lack of sleep

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy

BTW was anyone present when Brian kerr was in Mikes place? I heard he had a few words with an Irish supporter.
    Yep I was right there when it happened. It was late and it had been a long day so my interpretation may be slightly off. A man went up to Brian and said 'what the hell happend Brian, that was very dissapointing' or something along those lines. BK flipped and told him to go fu ck himself. Then walked off. I can only imagine he was dissapointed at that stage himself and didn't need to be interrogated.

A great trip, people were very friendly, birds were hot and wanting us
    <insert witty remark>

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for that, I guess Kerr was not in the mood and by my thinking in a bar after the game is not the time or place to be giving anyone grief.

Did anyone see the waitress in Olimpico sports bar with tha Carlo Valderama hairstyle? She ws a TEN

Thanks to Gidi and the guys in Olimpico, the free bacardi was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    Yep I was right there when it happened. It was late and it had been a long day so my interpretation may be slightly off. A man went up to Brian and said 'what the hell happend Brian, that was very dissapointing' or something along those lines. BK flipped and told him to go fu ck himself. Then walked off. I can only imagine he was dissapointed at that stage himself and didn't need to be interrogated.

A great trip, people were very friendly, birds were hot and wanting us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The amount of free beer we got was crazy. I went with €600 in Sheckles and game back with €250

Israel is a fantastic place, unlike any where I've been before. Sun, Sea ,Sand and the hospiatality of the people is to die for. never forget seeing an Israeli riot van with a tricolour! I would personally like to thank all the Israelis for an incredible welcome.

As regards what we see on the television, (guys who didnt travel) don't be fooled. One of the bars beside the hotels, Mike's Place was bombed three years ago. It was HQ for us all weekend. Can you imagine someone walking into a bar full of people strapped with explosives? People suffer injustices in this world, many of us can understand the Palestinian struggle, but remember only sixty years ago 6 million jews were massacred. My eyes have been very much opened. I am not condoning IDF policies in the west bank and Gaza , but you have to see both sides of the coin.

Israeli's are extremely cosmopolitan. In fact Tel Aviv reminds me very much of Barcelona. Gols star is possibly the finest lager i have tasted!

FAO Kobby, great job on the party. i'm sorry not many of us came. But those who did had an absolute Ball! Did you see my freind eddie on the stage for the drinking competition. It was hilarious!

I will certainly go back to Israel and Tel Aviv. Couldn't imagine a better summer holiday! Likhaim (i think thats' how you spell cheers in Hebrew!)
    Camac Ultras North Terrace Section

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Tom
    The amount of free beer we got was crazy. I went with €600 in Sheckles and game back with €250

Israel is a fantastic place, unlike any where I've been before. Sun, Sea ,Sand and the hospiatality of the people is to die for. never forget seeing an Israeli riot van with a tricolour! I would personally like to thank all the Israelis for an incredible welcome.

As regards what we see on the television, (guys who didnt travel) don't be fooled. One of the bars beside the hotels, Mike's Place was bombed three years ago. It was HQ for us all weekend. Can you imagine someone walking into a bar full of people strapped with explosives? People suffer injustices in this world, many of us can understand the Palestinian struggle, but remember only sixty years ago 6 million jews were massacred. My eyes have been very much opened. I am not condoning IDF policies in the west bank and Gaza , but you have to see both sides of the coin.

Israeli's are extremely cosmopolitan. In fact Tel Aviv reminds me very much of Barcelona. Gols star is possibly the finest lager i have tasted!

FAO Kobby, great job on the party. i'm sorry not many of us came. But those who did had an absolute Ball! Did you see my freind eddie on the stage for the drinking competition. It was hilarious!

I will certainly go back to Israel and Tel Aviv. Couldn't imagine a better summer holiday! Likhaim (i think thats' how you spell cheers in Hebrew!)
    Wow , what a nice post.
    I used your post to advertise Israel in bettingadvice forum
    http://forum.bettingadvice.com//viewtopic.php?t=29983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no problem buddy.

will you come here in June?
    Camac Ultras North Terrace Section

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Tom
    no problem buddy.

will you come here in June?
    Nope , As I said im only 17 and im still in school
    Wish I could though.
    Sucks that our fans are only travelling with their team and not with the national team . can't see more then 500-1000 "real Israeli's" come to Dublin. If you see more , there probably from the Jewish community in your country .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tel Aviv was buzzin, the craic was 90 & the ladies were well up for it. Best trip of them all so far. Bit freaked out by all the guns tho. Got my photo in the Star on Sunday with 2 Israeli amy lads with their M16's outside the ground!
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Do you think that if all of the Irish fans knew it will be a 'great trip' ( you said it yourself ) more fans would have come?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I just want to say thank you , for all the Irish people that was here last week and do this "Purim" for the Israelies the best holiday ever.

Come on you boys in Green
    "Maybe Grant is a magician , but he isn't Hodini"
    Tony , 25.3.2005 , Mike's Place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Firstly, I feel sorry for all the people who didn't go because of security fears, it was fantastic I felt 100% safe, the people were really friendly, I had loads of drinks bought for me by fans . The ladies over there are beautiful but I didn't have to much luck .
    Its by far the best trip I was on (haven't been to many though).
    The best bars I went to were Joey's bar, Dream bar (did anyone see the girl dancing on the bar half naked ) and Mike's Place.
    I didn't make it to the beach party, I went out about 8pm but It finish at 6 apparently
    Jerusalem was great too all the palestinians there really wanted us to beat Israel

I'll definitely go back all I need is an excuse and some money

Did anyone hear the guy on the plane home doing impression's of Micheal 0'Muritheagh (poor spelling) what was he on?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne

Did anyone hear the guy on the plane home doing impression's of Micheal 0'Muritheagh (poor spelling) what was he on?
    What a bell end, Talk about a bloke who loved the sound of his own voice... The whole trip I seen him !! Heard a sham rovers fan told him "where to go" one night in mikes bar and he nearly started crying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeraki
    What a bell end, Talk about a bloke who loved the sound of his own voice... The whole trip I seen him !! Heard a sham rovers fan told him "where to go" one night in mikes bar and he nearly started crying
    It was better than sitting in silence

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne
    It was better than sitting in silence
    Who was sitting in silence ? Most people can't stand someone that loves there own voice. Heard he was mates with one of the biggest ****** of the all davy keogh, so its a pity an air marshell didn't shoot all of them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast