Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Gallagher not doin well

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Gallagher not doin well

whats the story with gallagher? second game of the season and he is at fault for the rovers conceding another goal. first it was the last game when he gave away a peno but only for mcnamara to save him and this game against dublin it was low its hard enough for the rovers to win a game against eleven men let alone twelve

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Stick with the Gaa Phil

2goals in 2 games can now both be atributed to Gallagher i only hope he put in a solid performance after the o.g.I wasnt at the game,how did he play?

not a bad result tho away to the div1 "favourites".we re well in the running this season.
    "If he dies he dies" Ivan Drago, Rocky4

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i don't think we should be coming down too hard on players just yet - let's hear it from the people who were at the game as to his overall performance before adding in the

we need to get behind the players and i'm sure gallahger is feeling the pressure from the last two matches BUT if his performance was good then we should be getting behind him...most own goals are a slice of bad luck rather than terrible mistakes...

anyone that has seen the full matches got more details?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Ok, it’s been a bit of a goosey start for Gallagher, but don’t write him off just yet. I recorded the EL programme on TV3 and I studied the penalty a number of times. The penalty was very very harsh. Gallagher barely touched him and he went down like a ton of bricks. The ref was fooled.
    Again last night the o.g. was just unlucky. I think he will overcome these two games and prove to be a quality player for Rovers this season. Our keeper was rarely troubled last night, so the defence is beginning to come together. It will take 7 or 8 games to gel properly.
    Gallagher impressed me towards the end of last season; he was putting in a solid performance. I think we should be a little more patient before we start running down players.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Get behind the lads!! If you wanna push for promotion this season then they need all the help they can get. The goal was just unlucky. Barely on the pitch and your one nil down. Showed character to fight back and in fairness, Dublin City were not in the game, so good start to the season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

100% behind our team

Kildare cheated and got a penalty he was just unlucky with the OG it can happen to anyone. We have to be 100% behind our team lads

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Harsh

ya it is pretty harsh on phillip so early in the season. The penalty as u saw from tv happens bout 20 times in most football matchs and there not given,the kildare player chanced his arm and won the peno, regards the dublin city goal it was a deflection and no player can be really faulted in most instances for a deflection,at least he went for the ball. I think ryan o'donnell is a better football then philip but phillip is stronger and i think that ryan will get his chance in some position this season cause he is one of the best players to come out of sligo in recent times,luck just hasent been on his side.
    Last edited by shedhead; 26/03/2005 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Give us O'Donnell

Im not saying phillips a bad player but i feel that ryan o'donnell has got the height, the composure and the footballing quality to be starting before phillip. Im not sayin ta sack phillip now just cause hes had a few bad brakes but that i would have been starting ryan from the the start of the season because overall he's a better player. Look at his debue against shams, he put on a very solid performance and even got man of the match for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red til dead
    i'm not sayin whether gallagher is better or worse than ryan but i think sean mite see that ryan can be kept on the bench as back up centre back or right back for now&with time he mite take phillip's place
    Your probly right cause this is ryan's first season at Rovers. But there both still young, so there only going to improve and get better.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its early days yet...give him another couple of games.
    i was very impressed with ryan during the friendly games, seems more comfortable on the ball

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by in_da_red
    Ryan O'Donnell played alot for kildare county and they came close last year to promotion. he's proven at this level and looks a great player. He'll be looking to take his chance when he gets in the team. Gallagher has played well and has been unlucky that's all. He'll continue to do well and the increased competition should keep not jus him but most players on their toes.
    The more competition the better, probably one of the problems last season that there was not enough competition. Did anyone hear of the blistering start Heffernan has made with Waterford. It would have been nice to have in the team this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

O donnell or Mulligan

Connor has two excellent replacements in these two lads so Gallagher knows he has to keep performing. I wouldn't regard O'donnell as the number one replacement at r back, rather emlyn and purcell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    well i dont know about that i would regard ryan as the number one replacement he has the most eL experience of any of them .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegalred
    Connor has two excellent replacements in these two lads so Gallagher knows he has to keep performing. I wouldn't regard O'donnell as the number one replacement at r back, rather emlyn and purcell.
    I thought that Purcell was released during the break, Mulligan's good but he doesn't have the experience like O'Donnel.